Sponsored

Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now!

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK please don't kill me. I have been looking around and there are so many answers and techniques floating around here. I want these simply to turn on with the running lights at night and then also have the sequential flash for turn signals. Not while this is my preference if they have to be a different way to work then so be it, I just don't see a point to have them on during the day. (Just my preference).
Is there a way to just find a simple set of instructions? I would even pay this guy to do a write up of different install methods for different functionality.
Then you follow instruction 1 on the below guide if you only need them to work during the night. No wiring required beyond unplugging your factory headlight harness from the headlights, plugging the Mabett harness into the headlights and plugging the other end of the Mabett harness into the factory headlight harness.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/atta...tion-and-control-guide_compressed-pdf.500776/
Sponsored

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OK please don't kill me. I have been looking around and there are so many answers and techniques floating around here. I want these simply to turn on with the running lights at night and then also have the sequential flash for turn signals. Not while this is my preference if they have to be a different way to work then so be it, I just don't see a point to have them on during the day. (Just my preference).
Is there a way to just find a simple set of instructions? I would even pay this guy to do a write up of different install methods for different functionality.
If you don’t want them on during the day don’t wire them to to fuse panel. That’s all the fuse panel does is daylight operation. Ignore that step and just plug to your headlights like the instructions state and the. Your done.

martinjv71

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you don’t want them on during the day don’t wire them to to fuse panel. That’s all the fuse panel does is daylight operation. Ignore that step and just plug to your headlights like the instructions state and the. Your done.
Thank you.

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A request of Mabett. I ruined the fuse wire for the trail sight lights. Is there a way for me to purchase a replacement set of wires for the fuse connection. Please advise if r pm me. Thankyou.
PM me, I will send

Sonnyhe2002

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black diamond, model 3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is a large gap when I installed it. How can I fix that? That gap will make rain leak into the engine bay.

Ford Bronco Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now! 20230529_164846

Sponsored

NOT OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Orenthal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I finished the install and the sequential turn signal only works when headlights are on. Anyone know what the issue might be?

OldMetal

Heritage
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500, 2008 F150, 1977 Cadillac Eldorado,
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

These are available now on Amazon Prime days for $145-$160 - depending on whether you get black or white!

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a large gap when I installed it. How can I fix that? That gap will make rain leak into the engine bay.

Ford Bronco Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now! 20230529_164846
There is a small ridge along the inside edge of the front fender. Lift the trail sight up a bit and you can move it over to the fender, then tighten the bolts. For a video reference, go to 10:30 of this video

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finished the install and the sequential turn signal only works when headlights are on. Anyone know what the issue might be?
Did you install the additional wire harness and connect the add-a-fuse to your fuse box? See the install PDF and other posts in this thread for details. If you only connect the headlight harness, then they'll only light up when the headlights are on.

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm hooking this up with the power connection, but the driver to passenger side wire is to short. I can't get it no where near the connectors
I had the same problem when I first tried to connect everything. The problem has to do with where you fish the wires down to the headlight harness. Note that at least one install video I found showed the wrong place (granted, they were only using the headlight harness so it probably didn't matter. See the pictures I took below. If you fish the wire where I did, the wires will be long enough. Note to Mabett: you'd make our lives easier if you made the wire for the passenger side light about a foot longer...then it wouldn't be so important to fish in the exact right spot.
This pic shows a wide view. Front of car is at top of picture. Connector for driver's side light needs to pass thru the small opening near the corner of the battery. Wire heading up and right is routed across the front hood latch area. Wire heading up and left will eventually be connected to the fuse box. See other posts in this thread for fuse location.
Ford Bronco Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now! Front Wire Routing Wide View

This is a close-up view of where the driver's side harness is fished down the opening near the corner of the battery:
Ford Bronco Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now! Front Wire Routing Closeu

This shows where I fished the passenger side wire down to the headlight harness:
Ford Bronco Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now! Front Passenger Wire Routin

Front Wire Routing.jpg

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the same location but I've developed a small energy leak since installing them. If I don't start the car for a day or two, I start getting low battery messages from FordPass. By day 3 my battery is completely dead. The lights are not on when the headlights are off (I wired them using both the headlight harness and the fuse box so they would work both day and night). Any ideas?
Sponsored