Sponsored

Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now!

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I’m only trying to run from add a fuse. The instructions state that as an option for being on all the time.

I installed the lights fine today and am having no luck powering them with only the fused connection. I ran the wiring like the instructions said and plugged them into spot 124 in the fuse box and nothing lights up with engine start. I’m not sure but shouldn’t the fused connection have a ground when not using the headlight module ? So another thought is it possible to direct wire them to one of my aux switches ? Thoughts ?

Thanks I’ll check that as well. So the question is has anyone wired them with add a fuse only and not through the headlight module ? If so what did you do.
You need to run the large wiring harness to each head light and then back in to the vehicle harness. You need to connect the trailsight light to one of the thin white connectors on the large harness and then you use the add a fuse harness and run it between the two and up to the battery. Your missing a crucial step it sounds like based on your answer to me in the other thread above and that would explain why you have no power. If I understand you correctly, currently your trailsights are not connected to your headlights. That would explain your issue.
Sponsored

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You need to run the large wiring harness to each head light and then back in to the vehicle harness. You need to connect the trailsight light to one of the thin white connectors on the large harness and then you use the add a fuse harness and run it between the two and up to the battery. Your missing a crucial step it sounds like based on your answer to me in the other thread above and that would explain why you have no power. If I understand you correctly, currently your trailsights are not connected to your headlights. That would explain your issue.
True I did not hook up to my headlights. I was bypassing the lights as the instructions led me to believe that there where two operation functions one wired to headlights and one wired to add a fuse. But guess I was wrong. Thanks.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need some help and advise. I suck at electrical. I have the trail lights installed and am trying to power them with the fuse box. I want them on all the time. I followed the wiring from the kit and have one fused plug to install. But no matter where I put the fused plug I’m getting no power. I’m trying to use location 124 but the fuse doesn’t feel like it’s going in deep enough to make contact. Plus why doesn’t this setup require a ground. Thanks
Here’s where I tapped in.

IMG_4577.jpg

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
True I did not hook up to my headlights. I was bypassing the lights as the instructions led me to believe that there where two operation functions one wired to headlights and one wired to add a fuse. But guess I was wrong. Thanks.
You need to run the two big adaptor plugs to the headlights and if you want them to work day or night you need one red wire with the two shorter harnesses up to the fuse box in the location I showed. Remember to check the short harnesses to make sue the pins are locked in the plugs housing.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Wildfire1 can confirm or deny. He would know better than I. Im installing tonight.

Sponsored

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Wildfire1 can confirm or deny. He would know better than I. Im installing tonight.
Do it right and hook them up to the headlights with the supplied harnesses and join the two smaller harness’s while your down there, run the two small red wires up to the fuse box ( I tee’d them together before I tapped into the fuse box) and they will work with or with the lights being turned on as they were designed to do. They are actually a top quality item and they look so cool.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine installed just now and i love them. They are an amazing quality, I agree.
Ford Bronco Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now! 20230503_181621

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Updated on May 4th, U.S. time.

I would like to draw everyone's attention to the Trail Sight Lights. Please take note of this important matter.

Hi everyone, please take note of the issue that Paul Short has discovered

Paul: I discovered a small issue with the short harnesses in the kit. Please view the attached photo. This should save a little frustration.

I will make sure to pay close attention to this issue during future quality inspections.
Ford Bronco Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now! 1

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Updated on May 4th, U.S. time.

I would like to draw everyone's attention to the Trail Sight Lights. Please take note of this important matter.

Hi everyone, please take note of the issue that Paul Short has discovered

Paul: I discovered a small issue with the short harnesses in the kit. Please view the attached photo. This should save a little frustration.

I will make sure to pay close attention to this issue during future quality inspections.
Ford Bronco Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now! 1
I would like to apologize to everyone for any inconvenience or issues that may have been caused.

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You need to run the two big adaptor plugs to the headlights and if you want them to work day or night you need one red wire with the two shorter harnesses up to the fuse box in the location I showed. Remember to check the short harnesses to make sue the pins are locked in the plugs housing.

Sponsored

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got these in and installed. Working on the wiring now. I'm wiring them to the "Version without Adaptor Cable" in the install doc. I guess I must be missing something here, as I am only seeing the "headlight connector" in step 11 on the driver side when peeling back the wheel well lining. I do not see this headlight connector on the passenger side. Is it not supposed to be there? What am I connecting the trail sight to? Do I unplug the headlight harness from the passenger headlight itself? Is the headlight connector further back under the wheel well and I'm not peeling back the liner enough?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got these in and installed. Working on the wiring now. I'm wiring them to the "Version without Adaptor Cable" in the install doc. I guess I must be missing something here, as I am only seeing the "headlight connector" in step 11 on the driver side when peeling back the wheel well lining. I do not see this headlight connector on the passenger side. Is it not supposed to be there? What am I connecting the trail sight to? Do I unplug the headlight harness from the passenger headlight itself? Is the headlight connector further back under the wheel well and I'm not peeling back the liner enough?
Reach your hand all the way in to the passenger light, unplug the headlight harness, plug Mabetts in to the light and the other end of mabetts into the trucks wiring harness. Then plug the little trailight wire in to one of the three white plugs on the mabett harness. You do the exact same thing on both lights. Mine didn't look like the diagram in step 11. I had to reach all the way in to the light on the drivers side as well and unplug the harness directly from the light.

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reach your hand all the way in to the passenger light, unplug the headlight harness, plug Mabetts in to the light and the other end of mabetts into the trucks wiring harness. Then plug the little trailight wire in to one of the three white plugs on the mabett harness. You do the exact same thing on both lights. Mine didn't look like the diagram in step 11. I had to reach all the way in to the light on the drivers side as well and unplug the harness directly from the light.
Wow, thank you so much @Herbie I thought as much, just didn't see that in the directions! They just say to repeat on the other side so was thrown for a bit of a loop. Thank you for replying so quick. Love this community!
Sponsored