Sponsored

Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now!

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I currently have these wired up to the headlights only, and of course they don't light up during the day and have no turn signals during the day (unless you turn on your parking lights/headlights). Can anyone who has done it already, tell me what exact functionality is aded when you add the secondary harness to the fuse box? Do they now light up day or night AND have turn signal day or night? What functionality is lost (if any) by adding the secondary harness?
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I currently have these wired up to the headlights only, and of course they don't light up during the day and have no turn signals during the day (unless you turn on your parking lights/headlights). Can anyone who has done it already, tell me what exact functionality is aded when you add the secondary harness to the fuse box? Do they now light up day or night AND have turn signal day or night? What functionality is lost (if any) by adding the secondary harness?
Yes if you add the harness that wires to the battery they will be lit all the time and the turn signals will work all the time. The directions say that they don't turn off until you lock the car. That is why I didn't use that harness because I never lock my car in my garage where it lives every night and if they in fact don't turn off otherwise, that is an obvious problem.

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks @Herbie yes, I noticed those instructions as well. I also don't lock my vehicles in the garage. I'm wondering if there is a fuse under hood that is connected to the ignition though. Wouldn't that ensure they power off with the vehicle? Anyone know which one that would be?

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They will light up during the day only when they are hooked to the fuse box and be on all the time.
Yes if you add the harness that wires to the battery they will be lit all the time and the turn signals will work all the time. The directions say that they don't turn off until you lock the car. That is why I didn't use that harness because I never lock my car in my garage where it lives every night and if they in fact don't turn off otherwise, that is an obvious problem.
They said it incorrectly. When the ignition is off so are the lights. Not the locking of your car. Just so you know if your lights flash on lock and unlock so will the trail sights. Another nice touch.
Thanks @Herbie yes, I noticed those instructions as well. I also don't lock my vehicles in the garage. I'm wondering if there is a fuse under hood that is connected to the ignition though. Wouldn't that ensure they power off with the vehicle? Anyone know which one that would be?
Earlier in the thread there is a fuse pic. I used that location and had to pull a 10a fuse and used the add a fuse. Worked perfectly. Good luck closing the fuse box though as the add a fuse makes it tough.

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@rpaluch1 which fuse # did you tap into? I'm so sorry to make you hunt man, just not seeing it in the thread...

Sponsored

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even if you have them wired with the supplied red wire and fuse set up they will be on in the daytime as well as the night and they will flash with your signals on and even if you don’t lock your door they will time out and shut off.

IMG_4815.jpg

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Meloco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco edge excape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

May be a silly question but
Why not connect the power to a uplifter switch?
Then you would not have to worry about the fuse box cover.

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
May be a silly question but
Why not connect the power to a uplifter switch?
Then you would not have to worry about the fuse box cover.
Great question, thought about that. I have bigger plans for my switches though...

Sponsored

Meloco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco edge excape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I'm hooking this up with the power connection, but the driver to passenger side wire is to short. I can't get it no where near the connectors
Ford Bronco Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now! 20230521_213625

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A request of Mabett. I ruined the fuse wire for the trail sight lights. Is there a way for me to purchase a replacement set of wires for the fuse connection. Please advise if r pm me. Thankyou.

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm hooking this up with the power connection, but the driver to passenger side wire is to short. I can't get it no where near the connectors
Ford Bronco Mabett Trail Sight LED Lights for Ford Bronco 2021-2023 Available Now! 20230521_213625
Ditto

martinjv71

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OK please don't kill me. I have been looking around and there are so many answers and techniques floating around here. I want these simply to turn on with the running lights at night and then also have the sequential flash for turn signals. Not while this is my preference if they have to be a different way to work then so be it, I just don't see a point to have them on during the day. (Just my preference).
Is there a way to just find a simple set of instructions? I would even pay this guy to do a write up of different install methods for different functionality.
Sponsored