Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ended up not installing them after putting one of the front and rear ones on. When opening the door it made a more pronounced pop when opening the door, making it seem like the sill protector is putting more pressure on the bottom of the door while it's closed.
Nuts! I pulled the trigger today. Figured no better price and been watching Mabett so this was the time to hop on board. Still hopeful this is the ticket!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mabett

Mabett

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mabett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ended up not installing them after putting one of the front and rear ones on. When opening the door it made a more pronounced pop when opening the door, making it seem like the sill protector is putting more pressure on the bottom of the door while it's closed.
Hope you can provide videos to help me understand this situation and I can optimize my product to eliminate these shortcomings

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Made of high quality ABS and stainless steel
  • Prevent slipping when you get in the car
  • Decorative sill protectors cover existing scratches
  • Prevent your door panels from abrasion and scratching the original car paint.

Buy “Door Sill Protector” directly for $35.99 via this link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/mpc/A22V3JW7NCL8SU
  • Note: Please return to this page to redeem the discount after the promotion starts on 2022-4-30 08:00 PDT
  • Note: Please operate when “Door Sill Protector” is available
Product Description
  • Fits Ford Bronco 2021 2022 4 Door. Contains 2pcs Front Door Sill Guards and 2pcs Rear Door Sill Guards.(Not fits bronco sport and 2-door bronco)
  • Car Door Sill Protector for Bronco adds friction to the sole. In the case of wet soles, these protectors prevent slipping when you get in the car.
  • Door Sill Protector for Ford Bronco covers frequently trodden areas. Can be used as a Door Entry Guard Scratch Shield to protect stomping areas where the threshold would get scratched or discolored.
  • Our Door Sill Guard for Ford Bronco is made of high quality ABS and stainless steel, which adds to the beauty of the car.
  • Before installing Ford Bronco Door Edge Guards, make sure the threshold area is free of dust stains. *Do not let it get wet or move it for 24 hours after installation.

lQDPDhtgfaeHCITNC9DND8Cw0HbIH8i_po0CbsOHR0A8AA_4032_3024.jpg

lQDPDhtgfaeHCTDNC9DND8CwuFz0Cbr5zkwCbsOHSwA7AA_4032_3024.jpg
I used the link to Amazon but I am not getting the discounted price. What is the story?

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Made of high quality ABS and stainless steel
  • Prevent slipping when you get in the car
  • Decorative sill protectors cover existing scratches
  • Prevent your door panels from abrasion and scratching the original car paint.

Buy “Door Sill Protector” directly for $35.99 via this link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/mpc/A22V3JW7NCL8SU
  • Note: Please return to this page to redeem the discount after the promotion starts on 2022-4-30 08:00 PDT
  • Note: Please operate when “Door Sill Protector” is available
Product Description
  • Fits Ford Bronco 2021 2022 4 Door. Contains 2pcs Front Door Sill Guards and 2pcs Rear Door Sill Guards.(Not fits bronco sport and 2-door bronco)
  • Car Door Sill Protector for Bronco adds friction to the sole. In the case of wet soles, these protectors prevent slipping when you get in the car.
  • Door Sill Protector for Ford Bronco covers frequently trodden areas. Can be used as a Door Entry Guard Scratch Shield to protect stomping areas where the threshold would get scratched or discolored.
  • Our Door Sill Guard for Ford Bronco is made of high quality ABS and stainless steel, which adds to the beauty of the car.
  • Before installing Ford Bronco Door Edge Guards, make sure the threshold area is free of dust stains. *Do not let it get wet or move it for 24 hours after installation.

lQDPDhtgfaeHCITNC9DND8Cw0HbIH8i_po0CbsOHR0A8AA_4032_3024.jpg

lQDPDhtgfaeHCTDNC9DND8CwuFz0Cbr5zkwCbsOHSwA7AA_4032_3024.jpg
Please disregard my last message. I refreshed my browser and voila there was the discount. Thanks.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope you can provide videos to help me understand this situation and I can optimize my product to eliminate these shortcomings
I'm looking for something like this and if you're considering some tweaks, I'm hoping to get something that protects a larger area. Ideally, it would meet or come closer to the existing door sill protector, cover a bit wider area (front to back) and also wrap around the bottom as that can get scraped up when entering and exiting. Just my thoughts.

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks I go it to work once I refresh my browser.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if 2 door is different or not but I had all sorts of clearance on my 2 doors.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We didn't experience that on ours, but I will check again today. Below are the ones we got and I'm assuming they are the same.
Is the 1966 removable, or is it etched in? curious if one can lightly sand it off and/or just cover it up with a nice vinyl overlay

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is the 1966 removable, or is it etched in? curious if one can lightly sand it off and/or just cover it up with a nice vinyl overlay
It appears to be etched in, but I can check when I get home. Assuming you can even get it off, anyone could sand it down and polish it back I think.

Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So it's 100% like laser etched or something. It's very thin though.
I appriciate you following up like you said you would, thanks again man, I got some thinking to do 🤔

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I appriciate you following up like you said you would, thanks again man, I got some thinking to do 🤔
I think it would take well to plastidip or a small vinyl wrap.

It may or may not come off with a hairdryer, that one I won't test lol.

BroncoATX21

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same thing happened to me. The drivers side rear door is the most pronounced. I have to tell people to slam it and I’m always going behind my kids to shut it harder.