Sponsored

Mach-E All Online Order Process - I wonder if Bronco will get this?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't purchased a Ford new, well, ever. But I've always seen decent incentives, good financing and ironically Ford could probably make more money this way on the average.
I've never bought a new vehicle or any vehicle from a dealership.

I've gone through the process with the Bronco with X-Plan which makes it simple and haggle/hassle free. My wife also just ordered a 4Runner through plan-pricing as well that is just as transparent and hassle free. Without that I don't think we'd even be considering a new vehicle. I can't be bothered to deal with shitty salesman, non-transparent pricing, etc. Show me the out-the-door price and I know what I'm getting in to. That's two new vehicles that we wouldn't otherwise buy because we could do it, mostly, from our house with transparency.

This day in age I don't see how dealers won't get to this stage anyway. If they made it easy I bet more people would buy new. I don't know anyone who doesn't hate dealing with dealerships. It's much easier to see the full pricing and click "buy." If you want more information or if you want to haggle feel free to go in.

It'll take a shift for the dealers to all be on board.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, we'll definitely want to come drive it and take delivery from the corral. Only thing I'm concerned about is dealing with the financing guy (no offense intended, just being honest) as that is where even my best dealership experience has always gone south (if it hadn't already done it before that).

That is why we are looking at doing the paperwork online with esign so that is eliminated...

The biggest problem with the F&I box is all products need to be offered to all customers during the finance delivery...

Online this should be able to streamline the process and get rid of the "pressure cooker" area of the dealership...

Honestly that is the hardest part of the process for us to get high marks in...

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sister site Mach-E Forum detailed the all-online ordering completion process for Mach-E (link here), and EVbite has said

Who else would be interested in an all-online process? I know I would (and kinda-sorta am, I reserved the Mach-E but am changing my order to a Bronco due to Michigan's terrible charging network and the fact that I drive on avg 20,000 miles a year).

And here's a few screenshots of the system from EVbite article (link here):

What does everyone think?

I drove 2 Volts (starting in 2011) for a total of 6 years. No problems charging. The network was fine for places I went to... Detroit, Dearborn, Troy, Northville, Ann Arbor.

No issues. In fact, I ended up getting parking on the 1st floor of large garages most of the time, which was fantastic after events like concerts and sports. Also I got the closest spots to the entrance to my work. Probably saved dozens of hours in wait/find parking time just because of that.

Also 90%+ of all charging happens at home, typically. Also 20K miles per year is a pretty large savings if you use electrons v. gas. I hope you are not expecting to save money going Bronco.

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is why we are looking at doing the paperwork online with esign so that is eliminated...

The biggest problem with the F&I box is all products need to be offered to all customers during the finance delivery...

Online this should be able to streamline the process and get rid of the "pressure cooker" area of the dealership...

Honestly that is the hardest part of the process for us to get high marks in...
I appreciate the information/honesty as always. It's a tough spot as dealers have their process there as well.

If we want to come drive the Bronco first before we actually close the deal, it just means we would have to do the financing portion there correct? No online/esign option for that scenario right?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate the information/honesty as always. It's a tough spot as dealers have their process there as well.

If we want to come drive the Bronco first before we actually close the deal, it just means we would have to do the financing portion there correct? No online/esign option for that scenario right?
That is correct...

We are working on ways to improve that process prior to you arriving...
  1. You have all information...
  2. know the exact payment...
  3. If the drive works out as expected...
  4. Go in sign paperwork and drive home...

OP
OP
bronK1TT

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I drove 2 Volts (starting in 2011) for a total of 6 years. No problems charging. The network was fine for places I went to... Detroit, Dearborn, Troy, Northville, Ann Arbor.
Precisely, I commute close but I also love to travel to the UP, East Coast, South for Climbing, etc etc regularly, and I don't have a second car. Most of those longer trips have trouble still especially going to northern MI for snowboarding and the like during the winter. I'd totally get the Mach-E if the 300mi range was standard with a 400mi range for 50k but we're not there yet, hence I'll wait it out and drive a bronco for 5 years while battery tech catches up and charging stations get more plentiful.

Also 90%+ of all charging happens at home, typically. Also 20K miles per year is a pretty large savings if you use electrons v. gas. I hope you are not expecting to save money going Bronco.
Yeah it would be savings for work miles, but quick-charging costs a lot still so I'd still have to pay for my trips more than I'd want. I have a 2.3L EcoBoost Mustang that I'm perfectly happy filling up, though I do expect the gas mileage on the bronco to be worse but I can afford the gas.
Sponsored