First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wanted to share some pictures of what we will call a "retro sport" build done on a 2021 Base. Not everyone will be as pleased with the finished product as I am, but I share mostly to help out anyone else looking to do something similar - much in the same way other forum members helped shape this final product by sharing their "in progress" or finished product builds. First, the details:

1. This was a first day reservation order that was lucky enough to get in late October '21. It's a base model with the only options being: Hardtop, 2.7, aux switches, and floor mats. Ordered through Lewis Ford in Fayetteville (AR), and as expected due to dealings with them throughout the years, they were awesome! No issues, no games.

2. Color is 3m 2080 series Gloss Intense Blue. Wanted something non-metallic, with a bit of a sporty 60s/70s throwback vibe.

3. Wheels are 17x7 Wheelsmith custom orders. Big thanks to forum member Aardvark122 for sharing his journey on wheels which led to Wheelsmith Wheels out of California. Wanted a smoothie style wheel and did not want any poke. As many of you know, this created problems because you literally cannot find any smoothie/old school wheels with the kind of positive offset needed to avoid poke. Thankfully, Wheelsmith makes them pretty much however you want, and were great to work with as well.

Anyways, here it is. Let me know if I can answer any questions. Thanks!

Ford Bronco MachOneGarage's Four Door Retro Sport Build DSC_0282

Ford Bronco MachOneGarage's Four Door Retro Sport Build DSC_0283

Ford Bronco MachOneGarage's Four Door Retro Sport Build DSC_0280

Ford Bronco MachOneGarage's Four Door Retro Sport Build DSC_0278

Tires are Falken Wildpeak A/T3W - 255/80R17.

The tires are basically in line with the edge of the flares, which was the goal. Here's a pic that gives you a better view of that:

dsc_0302-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Bars

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! Love the wheels. What tires are you running, and do the flares stick out past the tires?

Last edited:

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually really like the detail of wrapping the edge of the grille, I've always thought it was just a bit too wide, like it's poking out the edge of the fenders. Color matching the edge makes it look a bit smaller and more retro. Definitely something I'll consider when I get mine.

OP
OP

MachOneGarage

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great! Love the wheels. What tires are you running, and do the flares stick out past the tires?

The tires are basically in line with the edge of the flares, which was the goal. Here's a pic that gives you a better view of that:

DSC_0302.jpg

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love it. Thanks for the props on the wheels. They look fantastic. I wanted to run 255/80/17 on mine as well but I found some jeep owner that was selling his brand new take off 285/70/17. Love the grill too. Mine is part way done. I was good to have mine body colored too like yours. But my paint guy got into a bad accident and is out of commission for a while. This is what I am doing with my grill as soon as my friend can finish painting mine.

248C698D-D31F-49DF-BC7E-F167FCEA2EDE.jpeg

Sponsored

Slimpickens

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Want to do that with my grill too, body color should go farther in. Love that the roll bar is white. Please post some topless photos!

OP
OP

MachOneGarage

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love it. Thanks for the props on the wheels. They look fantastic. I wanted to run 255/80/17 on mine as well but I found some jeep owner that was selling his brand new take off 285/70/17. Love the grill too. Mine is part way done. I was good to have mine body colored too like yours. But my paint guy got into a bad accident and is out of commission for a while. This is what I am doing with my grill as soon as my friend can finish painting mine.

Ford Bronco MachOneGarage's Four Door Retro Sport Build 248C698D-D31F-49DF-BC7E-F167FCEA2EDE
Much appreciated! I’ve seen your posts as you progressed and kept thinking “He’s gonna have the two door (ie, cooler) version!” Loving the plan for your grill.

Hunter

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Badlands, KTM 390 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted to share some pictures of what we will call a "retro sport" build done on a 2021 Base. Not everyone will be as pleased with the finished product as I am, but I share mostly to help out anyone else looking to do something similar - much in the same way other forum members helped shape this final product by sharing their "in progress" or finished product builds. First, the details:

1. This was a first day reservation order that was lucky enough to get in late October '21. It's a base model with the only options being: Hardtop, 2.7, aux switches, and floor mats. Ordered through Lewis Ford in Fayetteville (AR), and as expected due to dealings with them throughout the years, they were awesome! No issues, no games.

2. Color is 3m 2080 series Gloss Intense Blue. Wanted something non-metallic, with a bit of a sporty 60s/70s throwback vibe.

3. Wheels are 17x7 Wheelsmith custom orders. Big thanks to forum member Aardvark122 for sharing his journey on wheels which led to Wheelsmith Wheels out of California. Wanted a smoothie style wheel and did not want any poke. As many of you know, this created problems because you literally cannot find any smoothie/old school wheels with the kind of positive offset needed to avoid poke. Thankfully, Wheelsmith makes them pretty much however you want, and were great to work with as well.

Ford Bronco MachOneGarage's Four Door Retro Sport Build 248C698D-D31F-49DF-BC7E-F167FCEA2EDE

This is the dream wheel setup, smoothie design and centercaps and all. Definitely going to be looking into this company. Did you purchase new centercaps or use old ones? Thanks for the share.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MachOneGarage

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the dream wheel setup, smoothie design and centercaps and all. Definitely going to be looking into this company. Did you purchase new centercaps or use old ones? Thanks for the share.
I pulled the ones off the wheels I had. I did have to modify them a bit with a Dremel, but that didn’t take more than 20 minutes.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To each his own, I have yet to see a Bronco use the "retro white" scheme that I would buy. Can't really tell you why other than when I see them I just feel "meh". But that's your Bronco not mine so if it makes you happy go for it.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fun, vintage vibe!
Well done!
(y)

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Want to do that with my grill too, body color should go farther in. Love that the roll bar is white. Please post some topless photos!
After seeing the two sema builds that did this I plan on doing it too. The front looks so much more retro this way. I love it.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks good with the exception of two extra doors. That’s not retro at all.
Sponsored