Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know a lot about exhaust upgrades so sorry if this is a stupid question... but are there any performance or MPG improvements or is this truly just for sound?
I'm sure MagnaFlow (and other vendors) will post dyno charts showing an increase in hp, blah, blah...for most modern turbocharged vehicles, there is minimal performance gain from a catback. It is typically the downpipe and cat where the cheaper bends of OEM exhaust piping seriously holds back performance of the turbos. Everything downstream of the cat is mostly for sound. But at least in this case, it can be for sound and better clearance when off roading.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
dunno much about exhaust but this is what he said in the comments

"SPD Performance Catless downpipes with MBRP 4” exhaust and a BOOMBAracing BOV"
A cat less down pipe is going to turn the volume up by a lot. It’s also gunna be pretty stanky

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You should do a Sound video with "all 4" tones separate, so buyers can decide if one of those tones will work for them. Not too hard if it's just taking the turned pipe after the muffler on and off, and adding the Drone diffuser or the cap. Then, when they buy it, they will know which one to use ahead of time. Saving the customer time is golden !!!!

Sponsored

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you even need to run a muffler on a turbo engine? Can you get away with just a resonator to remove the drone if there is one?

JBOZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like it.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
The aftermarket mufflers I had on my Camaro were perfect for drone elimination, they had a butterfly valve in them with a spring they would only open and bypass the main muffler under 2/3 to full throttle I loved them. Wish they had those for the V-6 Bronco I'm getting, anyone know if they still make them? Can't find them.

taguirre

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The sound of the 2.7L is actually very good. I don't know how they did it but it sounds like an old 302 at times. No need to mod this IMHO

Sponsored

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it sounds good. Wonder what it'll sound like without the rear muffler. Have hacked a few off turbo 6 cylinders and they usually sound pretty damn good.

flynh3

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Put one on last week...changed the resonators around and checked the sounds...so after some thought, going to cut the U pipe at a 45 angle...it exits nicely off to the side. Toss the resonator. Now instead of sounding like a souped up Singer sewing machine, it might sound a little throatier...sure don't want it to sound like a Subaru. Take a look at my scribbles and notes on the install sheet...

I'm not sure this item is worthy of an install...if you are looking for a V-8 sound...remember it's 2.7 with a 10 speed tranny...I'll keep you posted on progress.

exhaust.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

BRONC0

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Put one on last week...changed the resonators around and checked the sounds...so after some thought, going to cut the U pipe at a 45 angle...it exits nicely off to the side. Toss the resonator. Now instead of sounding like a souped up Singer sewing machine, it might sound a little throatier...sure don't want it to sound like a Subaru. Take a look at my scribbles and notes on the install sheet...

I'm not sure this item is worthy of an install...if you are looking for a V-8 sound...remember it's 2.7 with a 10 speed tranny...I'll keep you posted on progress.

Ford Bronco Magnaflow Overland Exhaust for 2.7L Bronco - look & sounds exhaust2

@flynh3 I'm curious if you ended up doing the cut to the U pipe and the results?

flynh3

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored