Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Folks,

I purchased the Magnaflow Overland series for my 2022 4dr Wildtrak. Upon unboxing, I noticed that the tailpipe was “fixed” in place, rather than adjustable with a clamp, like I had seen on all of the ads for the system. I thought, well maybe they refined it and it will be fine.

So I proceed to install the system and the tailpipe blows hot exhaust right on the plastic rear bumper.

I reached out to HottExhaust, which is who I bought it from, and they said that I would have to reach out to Magnaflow. Fine.

I called Magnaflow and after a week or so of back and forth, they suggested I “bend the hanger” as an attempt to bandaid the issue while they worked on a resolution (with no eta). That didn’t set so well so I reached out to hottexhaust again and they said I would have to get an approval from Magnaflow in order to get a refund. Not unheard of and I have seen this before.

So back to Magnaflow I went. They agreed to a refund (thank God). After that, all correspondence went radio silent. Nobody responded to me regarding process for returning the system.

3 emails and 2 more weeks later, and I decide to run it through PayPal as a dispute. I had to pay out of pocket for the return ($80), which is a small price to pay to get my money back on a system that was rushed and did not fit properly.

Side note - the system sounded great. Had it had the adjustable tailpipe, this would all be moot. Now with the silence and fight I had to go through, I will likely never buy another Magnaflow product again.

I am sharing all this as a caution for future buyers. Make sure you have a way out if it doesn’t fit properly. And hope that you don’t have to go through the headaches I did.
Ford Bronco Magnaflow Overland Series - DOESNT FIT 4E667F81-EFF8-4470-AB39-396E930DAEB4
Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it SKU: 19559? Using hottexhaust vehicle search did not come up with this only searching for the sku did it come up.

OP
OP
FairPlayInc

FairPlayInc

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was it SKU: 19559? Using hottexhaust vehicle search did not come up with this only searching for the sku did it come up.
Yes, it was item 19559. Check out the image. It still shows the tailpipe as being slipped on with a clamp. Which would have likely worked!

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Folks,

I purchased the Magnaflow Overland series for my 2022 4dr Wildtrak. Upon unboxing, I noticed that the tailpipe was “fixed” in place, rather than adjustable with a clamp, like I had seen on all of the ads for the system. I thought, well maybe they refined it and it will be fine.

So I proceed to install the system and the tailpipe blows hot exhaust right on the plastic rear bumper.

I reached out to HottExhaust, which is who I bought it from, and they said that I would have to reach out to Magnaflow. Fine.

I called Magnaflow and after a week or so of back and forth, they suggested I “bend the hanger” as an attempt to bandaid the issue while they worked on a resolution (with no eta). That didn’t set so well so I reached out to hottexhaust again and they said I would have to get an approval from Magnaflow in order to get a refund. Not unheard of and I have seen this before.

So back to Magnaflow I went. They agreed to a refund (thank God). After that, all correspondence went radio silent. Nobody responded to me regarding process for returning the system.

3 emails and 2 more weeks later, and I decide to run it through PayPal as a dispute. I had to pay out of pocket for the return ($80), which is a small price to pay to get my money back on a system that was rushed and did not fit properly.

Side note - the system sounded great. Had it had the adjustable tailpipe, this would all be moot. Now with the silence and fight I had to go through, I will likely never buy another Magnaflow product again.

I am sharing all this as a caution for future buyers. Make sure you have a way out if it doesn’t fit properly. And hope that you don’t have to go through the headaches I did.
Ford Bronco Magnaflow Overland Series - DOESNT FIT 4E667F81-EFF8-4470-AB39-396E930DAEB4
Similar thing happened to me with rough country. A return held up 300$ of my money for 2/3 weeks. Got the run around. But was able to return.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey Folks,

4E667F81-EFF8-4470-AB39-396E930DAEB4.jpeg

I have an AWE exhaust which uses a clamp for the tip. Looking at pictures of the Magnaflow, I'm not seeing what clamp you are referring to. From the pics on Magnaflow's website, I don't see how their tip can be extended out past the bumper.

Edit to add: I was confused with the picture at first, but after staring at it for a while, I think I get what you are talking about. Is the hanger blocking the view of the area where the exhaust pipe is "fixed" in place? When you say "fixed", are you saying it is welded, instead of a slip fit with clamps? I assume, you want to rotate it down more, so it is not blowing exhaust right into the back of the bumper?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
FairPlayInc

FairPlayInc

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an AWE exhaust which uses a clamp for the tip. Looking at pictures of the Magnaflow, I'm not seeing what clamp you are referring to. From the pics on Magnaflow's website, I don't see how their tip can be extended out past the bumper.

Edit to add: I was confused with the picture at first, but after staring at it for a while, I think I get what you are talking about. Is the hanger blocking the view of the area where the exhaust pipe is "fixed" in place? When you say "fixed", are you saying it is welded, instead of a slip fit with clamps? I assume, you want to rotate it down more, so it is not blowing exhaust right into the back of the bumper?
Yep it is welded. Check out the pic at almost any other site and you will see that the tip slips on the muffler and can be rotated downward and held in place with a clamp. It is still up on hottexhaust’s website that way of you search for that 19559 part number.

for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.hottexhaust.com/magnafl...tainless-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system/

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey Folks,

From the image above it looks like there's a clamp coming from the outlet of the muffler to the tip. Can you post a better pic from below the vehicle?

OP
OP
FairPlayInc

FairPlayInc

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From the image above it looks like there's a clamp coming from the outlet of the muffler to the tip. Can you post a better pic from below the vehicle?
I have returned it at this point. The tailpipe is welded in place. Unlike what it shows on the HottExhaust website. And Your Site as a matter of fact. That image is NOT what Magnaflow is currently shipping.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have returned it at this point. The tailpipe is welded in place. Unlike what it shows on the HottExhaust website. And Your Site as a matter of fact. That image is NOT what Magnaflow is currently shipping.
I understand. That’s why I as asking if you could post a better pic from below showing the actual outlet of the muffler and the tip. If you have any please upload them so the other members can see it a little better.
Thanks!

OP
OP
FairPlayInc

FairPlayInc

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand. That’s why I as asking if you could post a better pic from below showing the actual outlet of the muffler and the tip. If you have any please upload them so the other members can see it a little better.
Thanks!
Unfortunately, I do not have a photo of the tip where it is welded to the muffler. I am sure if you reach out to Magnaflow, they will tell you that the photos that are on your site and on HottExhausts site shouldn't be there. Or so they told me. They said to me over the phone that those were pre-production images and should not be on anyone's site.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FairPlayInc

FairPlayInc

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Haredog

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F150 Eco, 02Jag XJR100, 15 Limited Exped Eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the Magnaflow Street Series Axle-Back dual exhaust #19558 for my Badlands 2.7 Squatch. It only has a single connection point to the tailpipe coming from the engine and is positioned by the two exhaust hangers at the back. After install, as in nature, the left one was hanging lower than the right. Rather than trying to bend the hanger, I ordered a set of exhaust hangers off Amazon -
EVIL ENERGY Car Exhaust Rubber Hanger Insulator Bracket Bushing Mount 4 Holes 12mm (0.47") Hole Size Universal 2Pcs

They were only $10 bucks and came the next day. By using the second hole down on the hanger, it evened up both sides and positioned them below the bumper. It sounded amazing with no drone. It also did not affect the departure angle if you were rock climbing. But alas, she went to a new home, and I am awaiting the mythical Bronco Raptor which has slipped from a build week of 6/13 to 6/20, 6/27, 7/25 and now 8/8. The Lethal Performance guys were great to work with by the way!

20220128_180402.jpg

20220427_153503.jpg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just rotated the entire muffler a bit and tightened the clamp prior to the muffler so that it points down and not at the bumper. Problem solved. I’ve been running this product for several months without issue.

Super happy with this exhaust and supporting a fully US manufactured product.

Ford Bronco Magnaflow Overland Series - DOESNT FIT B4913A99-E6AD-4E6C-AB25-C98830303D9D

Grbski

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2014 Focus, 2007 Nissan 350z
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just installed my system this past week. Super simple and aligned the tailpipe discharge towards to the ground and tightened the clamp. No issues and love the sound on my 2.3l 7spd!
Ford Bronco Magnaflow Overland Series - DOESNT FIT 23D7473F-E032-44B4-90D7-E14199333B24
Sponsored

Last edited: