First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many others I hate the Ford front plate holder. I went and got 2 magnets with rubber coating to mount the license plate. Here are some photos I have not tried driving with it yet but will do some driving this weekend. I will also see if it will effect the front sensor. It is to the side of the sensor but we will see. Another option may be to build a bracket out of metal to have the magnets at an angle and mount it lower on the bumper.

PXL_20210827_154022523~3.jpg

PXL_20210827_154015642~2.jpg

PXL_20210827_154029311.jpg
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll give you credit for an outside-the-box idea/solution. However, I’d be concerned about it falling off or more-so, some jackass Jeep owner stealing your plate because it’s so easy.

Edit: Why hasn’t someone here zip tied their license plate to the middle of the grill, so it just shows the “B” and “O”? Bring back some nostalgia from the original safari bar…

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It must be really nice not living in a big city.. I miss having this much faith in my fellow man.

OP
OP
Nellman

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll give you credit for an outside-the-box idea/solution. However, I’d be concerned about it falling off or more-so, some jackass Jeep owner stealing your plate because it’s so easy.
I plan on using a thin cable to connect it to the vehicle. If I am doing any serious off roading I will take it off. It holds pretty well to the vehicle and actually bent the plate pulling it off.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on using a thin cable to connect it to the vehicle. If I am doing any serious off roading I will take it off. It holds pretty well to the vehicle and actually bent the plate pulling it off.
Ya, some magnets are super strong for sure. At the end of the day, it’s not overly hard to steal a license plate that’s bolted on. But magnets just seem too easy. It’s sad we need to worry about someone walking off with a license plate.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nellman

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya, some magnets are super strong for sure. At the end of the day, it’s not overly hard to steal a license plate that’s bolted on. But magnets just seem too easy. It’s sad we need to worry about someone walking off with a license plate.
Yes it is. Wish I could tie it into a loud annoying alarm attached to the plate and have some fun. They grab the plate and take off running and the alarm goes with them.

TPBuff

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX5, Ordered Bronco to replace a totaled MX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe one that explodes and leaves you covered in skunk smelling ink!

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the key thing to remember here is that while magnets are easy to remove, it's simply not obvious that the plate is attached with a magnet. I have a similar magnet mount for my plate, and at a glance all you see is the bolts poking out of the plate, which makes it appear to be bolted to the vehicle. For a thief to figure out that it's just held on by a magnet they would have to be trying to remove it, in which case they were already gonna steal it with or without the magnets. It's not so much about having faith in people, it's about them not being likely to know.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone wants to pull my front plate off, it's barely hanging on anyway. The magnets are a great idea. It's not like the bolts require an advanced degree to defeat. And at least here in Texas, it's just a reason for cops to mess with you if you don't have one. Most of the time they don't care if you don't have it anyway. "Oh yeah, someone stole it at the Kum 'n Go, those dang Okies!" ✊

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My front plate is tool-less removal. I don't care if anyone steals it, it's not mine anyway. Is license plate theft a big thing?

I like this magnet idea. It opens up rear bumper options for me. I worked at a car dealer and we used magnet temp plates all the time. They never fell off.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Nellman - link to the magnets you used?
Sponsored