Badlands
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Bronco
Badlands
Like many others I hate the Ford front plate holder. I went and got 2 magnets with rubber coating to mount the license plate. Here are some photos I have not tried driving with it yet but will do some driving this weekend. I will also see if it will effect the front sensor. It is to the side of the sensor but we will see. Another option may be to build a bracket out of metal to have the magnets at an angle and mount it lower on the bumper.

PXL_20210827_154022523~3.jpg

PXL_20210827_154015642~2.jpg

PXL_20210827_154029311.jpg
Advertisement

604Bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Bronco
Badlands
I’ll give you credit for an outside-the-box idea/solution. However, I’d be concerned about it falling off or more-so, some jackass Jeep owner stealing your plate because it’s so easy.

Edit: Why hasn’t someone here zip tied their license plate to the middle of the grill, so it just shows the “B” and “O”? Bring back some nostalgia from the original safari bar…

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7 Prestige, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Bronco
Badlands
It must be really nice not living in a big city.. I miss having this much faith in my fellow man.

OP
OP
Nellman

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Bronco
Badlands
I’ll give you credit for an outside-the-box idea/solution. However, I’d be concerned about it falling off or more-so, some jackass Jeep owner stealing your plate because it’s so easy.
I plan on using a thin cable to connect it to the vehicle. If I am doing any serious off roading I will take it off. It holds pretty well to the vehicle and actually bent the plate pulling it off.

604Bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Bronco
Badlands
I plan on using a thin cable to connect it to the vehicle. If I am doing any serious off roading I will take it off. It holds pretty well to the vehicle and actually bent the plate pulling it off.
Ya, some magnets are super strong for sure. At the end of the day, it’s not overly hard to steal a license plate that’s bolted on. But magnets just seem too easy. It’s sad we need to worry about someone walking off with a license plate.

OP
OP
Nellman

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Bronco
Badlands
Ya, some magnets are super strong for sure. At the end of the day, it’s not overly hard to steal a license plate that’s bolted on. But magnets just seem too easy. It’s sad we need to worry about someone walking off with a license plate.
Yes it is. Wish I could tie it into a loud annoying alarm attached to the plate and have some fun. They grab the plate and take off running and the alarm goes with them.

Advertisement

Middleton Motorsports
Advertisement