Sponsored

Main reason you purchasing the Bronco? (POLL)

For me, I am mostly purchasing a Bronco because...

• I have love for the iconic brand BRONCO above all else!

Votes: 114 22.2%
  • I have been looking for a Jeep alternative and this is it!

Votes: 131 25.5%
  • I want to be the one in the shiniest new toy on the road!

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • I want/need a new off road vehicle and this is the best one for me!

Votes: 97 18.9%
  • I feel this is a great investment that I will capitalize on!

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • I just like the vehicle and nothing else really.

Votes: 105 20.5%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 45 8.8%

• Total voters

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reason for a Bronco is to keep my wife from waiting for and getting herself a 2023 4runner lol.

But in all honesty, she likes the Bronco, hates the wranglers except for my 05 LJ, loves her GC trail hawk now but I absolutely despise the 3.6 engine in it, and she likes how my f150 rides, likes the interior and the power of the eco boost.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other: YOLO
Another "other": OPP (yeah you know me).
Totally joking. I'm an old dude who has no interest in OPP at this stage in life. :LOL:
But it would be a hilarious option for the poll.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first truck was a 1984 Bronco, so I have a warm spot for the model - but mostly my reason is the search for a Jeep alternative. I like and respect what Jeeps do, and frankly if I wanted one I'd have one by now, but something just never clicked. When I buy a toy it has to register a feeling within. And I just know -yup, that's going to be mine. When I stumbled onto my FJ40 earlier this year, I got the feeling, I just knew. It was a more unique Jeep, without being a Jeep, if that makes sense. But let's face it, it's a lousy daily driver past my 8 mile commute or frequent beer run, and the harsh ride certainly does not inspire highway travels to explore destinations. The new Bronco finally gets revealed, and suddenly strikes the right chord in me for a combination of awesome toy with daily driving capability, and begs to be driven to explore far away destinations. All without being just another Jeep. Because I pass at minimum, 25 Jeeps on my 8 mile drive to/from work - yes I count them all the time. I've seen ZERO FJ40s on the road in 8 1/2 months. My hope is that next year for every Bronco I pass on the road, they'll be one less grumpy Jeep.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is not a brand and neither is Mustang.

Ford Bronco Main reason you purchasing the Bronco?  (POLL) VaC1P0Gz0D3NK

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1, 2, 4 & 6 combined really.

Sponsored

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audiā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been looking for a nice first generation for like 10 years that wasn't stupid money. The new bronco is going to fill that urge and be reliable for around the same $ I would have spent. And it can be my DD.

Reactions: RLW

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen so many Jeeps break in my day and owners find out that their Rubicon's had corner cutting parts all over that were destined to fail... I wasn't going that route ever. Unless you replace those parts that are supposed to be 'trail rated' you are doomed to trial failures. I miss my built 2000 Taco something terrible and want to get back on the trail.

Ford has finally made a vehicle with some soul.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We almost bought a Bronco in June of '96. We picked up a Cherokee instead as we didn't want something so big. I later totaled that Cherokee. This time we're getting the Bronco.

Somehow that old story was turned into the reasoning why we had to reserve the Bronco in July and why it had to be hers and not mine.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Grew up in a Ford family so tend to lean that way, Dad had a '79 Bronco, my current vehicle is coming up on 12 years old and is gonna need replacing soon(ish) and manual is my number 1 must-have for a new vehicle.

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was very close to buying a 4runner to do some overlanding and off-roading. Was planning to get one next year, but then the Bronco was announced and I knew I had to have it.

Sponsored

fastone

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2013 F-150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I was 6 my best friendā€™s dad owned a Ford dealership. When we were juniors in high school the dealership got in a brand new 65 or 66 Bronco (canā€™t remember which year as CRS is kicking in). But I remember his dad letting us drive it around the parking lot. Have wanted one ever since and now I will have one.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We've had a Bronco in the family since 1975. Actually the same one. I'm in a position where I can afford a new one to compliment our classic survivor.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I grew up with them, owned a ā€˜75 for a little while and the wife wouldnā€™t ride in it, complained it smelled like gas.... Sold my wifeā€™s convertible a little while back to get down to two cars and this is my way to get my bronco, her convertible, and modern amenities that she wants.

scviduli

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Other: All the above reasons! I want an off road vehicle that isn't a chore to drive to work and is as iconic as the bronco.

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
15 years ago I bought a used Wrangler. It broke down all the time, had intolerable NVH, steered like a refrigerator, and couldnā€™t even hit 70mph unless you were going downhill with the A/C turned off and had the wind at your back. I still weirdly regret selling it and made a lot of fond memories while driving that piece of junk. In recent years Iā€™ve almost bought a new Jeep a couple times, but for various reasons (concerns about reliability, build quality, price, features, etc.) have never pulled the trigger.

With the new Bronco, I can finally have a Jeep-like vehicle again, but with better quality. IFS if a huge bonus to me. Plus I have always liked Broncos and wanted to own one, though I have never had the chance to drive one myself. Now I have my chance.
Sponsored