Sponsored

Main reason you purchasing the Bronco? (POLL)

For me, I am mostly purchasing a Bronco because...

• I have love for the iconic brand BRONCO above all else!

Votes: 114 22.2%
  • I have been looking for a Jeep alternative and this is it!

Votes: 131 25.5%
  • I want to be the one in the shiniest new toy on the road!

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • I want/need a new off road vehicle and this is the best one for me!

Votes: 97 18.9%
  • I feel this is a great investment that I will capitalize on!

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • I just like the vehicle and nothing else really.

Votes: 105 20.5%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 45 8.8%

• Total voters

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would buy for the off-road capability to explore mountain trails and other outdoor areas. Would also use to haul my canoe on top, lumber and other such uses. Enjoy top down driving on/off road as well. I would be buying for the utility, to actually use the off-road and rugged features.

Having recently bought a sports car that handles amazing and is a blast to drive on pavement, a 4x4 truck on pavement has less allure for me. So the Bronco would have to meet a utility need for the off-road rugged functionality, along with the top down fun, to make it worth the purchase.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Main reason you purchasing the Bronco?  (POLL) 1601404703288

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first car was a '67 Bronco with a three on the tree. We built a couple rock crawlers out of various years. Learned to drive in a late 70s Bronco with a 460. Always been a fan, and can't wait to own another one.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking at saying goodbye to my Jeep a few years ago to most likely replace it with another one when the Ford confirmed the Bronco would happen. I am a huge Ford fan so it was a no brainer for me.

The biggest reason I wanted out of my Jeep though is I feel like they just fall apart without warning. I have had the most random things break or go bad in my Jeep and I have never seen those problems with other vehicles. And don't even get me started on the "Jeep rust." My buddy bought a 2015 Wrangler brand new and it had surface rust all over the underside within a month. The Jeep dealer told him it was normal!

Ford quality has always been better in my experience and I am looking forward to taking advantage of the competition. I don't hate Jeep, I just hate dealing with the issues... that being said, I could be persuaded to get into a new one for the right price or if for some reason I end up not liking the Bronco... although I highly doubt it will happen.

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want a non-traditional, open air/convertible vehicle. We have amazing weather in SoCal, so it’s time.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My motorhome needs BLING...

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've never bought a new car, and dont really expect to again. I'm just not interested in the safety, luxury(what makes a tv on the dash luxurious?), and efficiency. I just like easy to work on cars that are solid and reliable and will last for ages when treated right. But I have always wanted to buy 1 new car. My brothers first new car back in 87 was a red 5 speed GT with the white interior and white convertible top. For years I had dreamed of doing the same first in 2007, then in 2017. I was hoping for the ability to get one the exact same 5.0 MT convertible red with white top and interior. But that was never offered. Then rumors of a new bronco grew and grew. I had previously owned a 84, it was a beat to hell dog, bud did good with no lift and boggers and i usually had the top off all winter even. Then at one point I was in negotiation to trade my maverick for a modified EB. Then I missed out on a steal of a deal on chameleon colored EB that a addict was selling for stupid cheap. Then I talked my brother in law into a nice 96 351 bronco. He liked it alot but after a while wanted something bigger for construction work. So I bought it for my wife. It was comfy with its captains chairs and fit everything in it we would ever take anywhere. Then I built roof racks and bash bumpers for it. It is pretty good offroad and has only been stuck in the sand once but it was loaded with like 1000lbs of camping gear and it was a super soft sand wash that goes under water at high tide. Its got all the goods track lock, dual shocks, and front and rear sway bars. So falling in love with it more and more, I decided I wanted to buy a new one. Then as more info was released I got to the point where I was loving more about it than I disliked. My wife recently went through 2 years of cancer and the I wanted to get her in something comfortable that would also float over our extremely rough road to cause her less pain. The new Bronco seems to keep checking all the right boxes for me. Yes I would love a bit more cargo room, a better roof rack, and a V8 manual. But some of that I can fix or live with. Since it isnt a Mustang I think I will go with blue because its a Ford truck, and I still hope for a white top, probably a hard top for now and maybe a saddle or white safari soft top later. I am basically a Ford or old Jeep exclusively driver. I dont mess with Chevy and I cant ever diagnose Japanese cars and they always need work. European cars are for rich folks and Europeans. Mopar cars are interesting but they dont have alot of manuals and I will forever distrust their autos. But they are also always pricey antleast the good ones are. So that leaves my with Ford. They have great old and new cars for just about anything you could ever want one to do.

Cant wait to get a new Bronco even if it will likely be a 2022 model.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want a short wheelbase 2-door with removable top & doors, IFS, decent ground clearance, small rear seats that can be removed, locking rear diff and >300HP.

That option wasn't available on the poll..

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's the value proposition mostly. If I had planned or wanted a Badlands / highly crazy optioned Bronco pushing $50k and it was in the budget I'd simply wait it out for the Cybertruck. For a base (possibly BaseSquatch), the capability you get for right around $30k is tough to beat.

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wanted a jeep as a teenager and never got one then married at 20, started my family at age 24 and always drove what was practical and cost effective. Now those rotten kids are grown (they actually turned out ok!) and the husband didn't make the cut so he is an ex...it's time for me :cool:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Work. The roads I drive to get to the trailheads that take me to all the mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and hot springs I have to hike and climb are scarier than the dang hikes. Just once I want to be excited about hiking back to my vehicle instead of terrified that I'm going to die on the drive out.
All of these are good reasons because they are yours,i reall liked this one.
For me ford family ,but as a rebel no product loyalty ill drive anything (maybe not audi) harvesters ,jeeps ,corvettes ,you name it but always wanted an eb looked for 2 years relentlessly got close but no deal. I found the cj and its been fun playing with it and theres tons of aftermarket support . The bronco is going to be my next project i wouldnt buy one if it didnt have a manual,my only concern is that jeep puts out a v8 manual as much as i like the bronco that would kill me?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of my fondest memories as kid was when my grandfather would load up the Wagoneer and head off into the woods to navigate an old logging road. Living on a mountain, it was the emergency route in the event the main mountain road would become impassable. Most of the time, the Wagoneer had a log splitting attachment on the rear wheel, but once a month, the attachment came off and the tires went on. We knew that was when the fun began.

Then as I got older, I fell in love with my sister's boyfriend's Scout. Heading down to the riverbed for night fishing and heading up trails to fire towers, the Scout took me everywhere a young teenage boy could want.

Never had a Bronco, but I loved that Scout. As I got old enough to drive, I had a Ford Explorer Limited that was a great ride, but trash off road. I swear the 4WD must have been broke. I needed capable 4WD where I lived at the time as often the roads were not plowed until many hours/days after a storm. My friend had Wrangler and while capable, it was terrible with regards to ride quality and noise. You had to scream at each other at highway speeds to be heard over the noise while also holding on for your life as it drifted across the lane. So I settled on the Jeep Liberty (pre-FCA) for capable 4WD and quality ride and quiet cabin. Still drive the 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited with only 85K miles.

So when the Bronco was revealed, it immediately reminded me of the Scout and the obvious reason that it wasn't a FCA Jeep.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its a toy... I like toys.... I like 4x4 open air toys....

R-E-L-A-X

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Chose other because it was a variety of options. 1. Time to upgrade from my 2013 Edge, was down to another Edge vs Ranger. Then heard the Bronco news. Manual trans with a pop off top you say?.... Let's wait a little longer and see what this looks like. Reveal. OKAY I'm in!!!

Learned to drive on my parent '84 with a 4spd manual and straight six. So a little nostalgia probably influenced me.
Sponsored