Sponsored

Maintenance 101 (A Dummies Guide for Bronco Ownership)

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Torn between Black Diamond VS BD Squatched VS Badlands. I want that B.A. look and tough interior. I’ll eventually make into the woods after the honeymoon phase.

The effort and costs associated with off-road goodies is one factor I’m considering in my choice.

I’m one of those guys that pays the dealership to take care of my vehicle maintenance. I’ve also never owned a vehicle with serious off road capabilities.
What effort and $$$ will be required to take care of the following items. This novice appreciates your help in advance!

1. Rear Differential
2. Front Differential
3. Sasquatch Associated Items Such as specialized suspension
4. Sway Bar Disconnect

3B6D00AF-B598-449B-98E6-6FE3D63CA489.gif
Sponsored

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Several off-road driving 101's on YouTube. You can really prevent a lot of damage by just not over revving and hitting obstacles too hard or at the wrong angle.

Spraying some 303 rubber protectant on all the boots underneath may help them from cracking over time.

OP
OP
BdubBronco

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

More specifically, are any of these items more troubling than the others? The sway bar disconnect kinda freaks me out and really unnecessary in my area I think. BUT, am I the only one that feels like FORD is guiding me towards the Badlands?

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More specifically, are any of these items more troubling than the others? The sway bar disconnect kinda freaks me out and really unnecessary in my area I think. BUT, am I the only one that feels like FORD is guiding me towards the Badlands?
All the special concepts and production models made with Badlands has nothing to do with it. Nothing to see here.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

F that sway bar disconnect thats a prob waiting to happen?the rest is regular maint shoot you wont need to look into diffs for years.

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depend if you what do you mean, if you mean gear ratio then that's probably gonna be expensive to have done but it you mean fluid that's easy and no one should pay to have it done unless it's the front diff where at least on the 11th gen f150 the front diff is pretty stupid to change the fluid on

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Torn between Black Diamond VS BD Squatched VS Badlands. I want that B.A. look and tough interior. I’ll eventually make into the woods after the honeymoon phase.

The effort and costs associated with off-road goodies is one factor I’m considering in my choice.

I’m one of those guys that pays the dealership to take care of my vehicle maintenance. I’ve also never owned a vehicle with serious off road capabilities.
What effort and $$$ will be required to take care of the following items. This novice appreciates your help in advance!

1. Rear Differential
2. Front Differential
3. Sasquatch Associated Items Such as specialized suspension
4. Sway Bar Disconnect

Ford Bronco Maintenance 101 (A Dummies Guide for Bronco Ownership) 3B6D00AF-B598-449B-98E6-6FE3D63CA489
I think the one thing that you could do is to use all the special features every so often. You do not need to go "four wheeling" just get on a dirt road and lock and unlock the features and put a few miles on them.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the one thing that you could do is to use all the special features every so often. You do not need to go "four wheeling" just get on a dirt road and lock and unlock the features and put a few miles on them.
This. Always a good idea to operate in 4WD a few times a year, just to keep things lubed . Sucks to find out 4WD is not working if you're in a situation where you actually need it...

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've seen a good number of G-wagens with sticky/ stubborn diff locks simply because so many of them are never actually exercised...

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also just looked a the b&p and if you look at the off angled views you can see the non squatch mt's dont fit the rims because their wider. Tells me that they just used the same tire graphics from the squatch. ?‍♂
Sponsored