Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here in B6G we already have several reports - (examples below)
-- After only 1 or 2-months on road -

What Percentage (%) of MY21 Broncos are having Major Mechanical Failures ?

Rough Estimates - (corrections welcome)
-- about 10 reports so far here in B6G ??
-- less than 1000 B6G members have received their Builds ??
-- maybe half of B6G members report their problems here ??

These Rough Estimates imply Major Mechanical Failures are more than 2% ??
-- This would be completely unacceptable to most buyers -
-- Hey Ford . . Reliability First . . then bells & whistles . .

More Questions -
A) After only 1 or 2-months ? . . . How bad will it be after 1-Year ??
B) Endless Production Delays at MAP ? - Is this another reason ?? - Major Mechanical failures being addressed ??
C) Will MY22 be any better ??

Examples -
-- Engine Seized - July 26 - @mmcq -
-- Engine Seized - Sept 11 - @Broncoshrimp -
-- Drivetrain Failure - July 27 - @Rcarpen22 -
-- Broken Axle - July 21 - @Homebowlking -

Others -
-- Engine Overheated - August 15 - @Kamseyk -

More Examples Welcome - these are the ones I remember -
1. You say "about" 10, but only list 5
2. You claim "less than 1000 members received their builds" How do yo know this? How many just don't come back on and post that they did to tell everyone?
3. You randomly "guess" maybe half report problems. I would guess if you are on the forum 100% would report a major failure. But once again we are just guessing.

But using my guesses, less than 0.5% have issues. Being a first year I would expect a few issues. It's more how Ford deals with them which so far seems good. To sit here and wring your hands over something completely out of your control is crazy.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over heated engine? Not what read. I have seen someone questioning the temperature gauge, and another concerned about coolant level. Neither had an alarm registered on the vehicle. Concerning the valve failure in the 2.7 I am wondering if this is a self inflicted issue. What I mean by this is the F 150 4x4 have not experienced this issue. The difference is the Bronco has GOAT modes. I am wondering if these owners are dropping the vehicle into a mode and automatically assume nothing else needs to be done. As an example ,drop GOAT for sand but fail to deflate tire pressures. Want to destroy a vehicle quick, run it in severe sand without pressuring down the tires to 15-20 lbs. I have no factual proof of this but it makes me wonder.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This speculation is completely useless without the valid methodology of a forensic audit. Factors such as total population of broncos sold to date (not just B6G) total population of actual problems;type of problems; source of problems (owner negligence, company defect), actual bronco problems population comparison to average number of vehicle problems in general vs first year, and it goes on and on. This roll out might have some noteworthy problems in terms of quality or it may just look like lions, tigers and bears by using a statistically insignificant and invalid anecdotal snapshot.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
let's assume (and it is stupid to do so with such small sample sizes, but whatever...)
that 10% of sold bronco's are represented on here and a only half of those with a major problem posted. That would mean a grand total of 4 x 2 x 10 had major failure. 80 units, out of what, about 35000? That is 0.23%. failure rate. That is with the most pessimistic estimates I could come up with without getting totally ridiculous on them. It is in reality much lower than that. Inflating a worst possible case by at least 10 times to drum up fake outrage by a 4Runner owner is not very compelling to me. Good luck with your fear mongering!

Sponsored

Beardedspeed

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Over heated engine? Not what read. I have seen someone questioning the temperature gauge, and another concerned about coolant level. Neither had an alarm registered on the vehicle. Concerning the valve failure in the 2.7 I am wondering if this is a self inflicted issue. What I mean by this is the F 150 4x4 have not experienced this issue. The difference is the Bronco has GOAT modes. I am wondering if these owners are dropping the vehicle into a mode and automatically assume nothing else needs to be done. As an example ,drop GOAT for sand but fail to deflate tire pressures. Want to destroy a vehicle quick, run it in severe sand without pressuring down the tires to 15-20 lbs. I have no factual proof of this but it makes me wonder.
I think the valves are gonna drop and pistons crack due to quality control issues at the Lima plant. They're having skilled labor issues there too. It's more noticeable in the bronco as they try to resume and prioritize. Should be improved by next MY. Ford is redoing a bunch of the lines for efficiency. The 10 speeds are what we need to worry about with the different modes like you were saying.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2.7 (Gen 2) is not just used in the Bronco, it’s also in F150’s and Lincoln models.

so you would have to take into account all those produced too

it’s a very reliable engine ..with well above average quality and few problems.
Sponsored