First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford is 100% at fault for pushing out a vehicle that is not ready for prime time at an unrealistic rate.

Ford is 100% at fault for poor design choices that caused some of the problems.

Consumers are 100% at fault for expecting a first year model to go off without a hitch.
You missed one. Consumers are 100% at fault for continuing to purchase this vehicle while knowing of Fords poor design choices and unrealistic rate of production.

So as I said before both Ford and the consumer are equally to blame for this. All is not bad though. If I decide to buy a Bronco it will be after most of the bugs are worked out of the platform.

I am a very patient person and choose wisely and can afford to wait it out. If it means another year or two no big deal at all. I have two very reliable 20+ year old Lexus's and a 16 year old truck that are running fine.

While I'm waiting, I set up my truck with 3.73 gearing, a TruTrac diff, small lift and lengthened my old snow chains to get me up to the cabin during the winter months.

I have the cash right now to get a 4Runner, Rubicon JL, or Bronco. My decision is it's not the time to do this. So it's research and waiting it out.

After seeing a Badlands Sasquatch in person and looking underneath, Ford has done a fantastic job of engineering this rig. The independent suspension is the beefiest I have ever seen!! It actually looks like a Dana and the axles are huge!! Also all the steering components look like typical Ford quality.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agreed . . the sample space is still small . . . difficult to make significant conclusions yet -
For example, with only ~ 4 major Failures out of approx 336 Builds, Poisson statistics would apply . . . so the standard-deviation is about sq-root of #Failures . . i.e. std-dev = 2 . . approx . .
So we have about 65% confidence the #Failures longterm avg is somewhere between 2 and 6 for the sample of roughly 336 . . .
And we have about 95% confidence the #Failures longterm avg is somewhere between 0 and 8 for the sample . . .

So these data & rough estimates suggest we have about 65% confidence the Major Mechanical Failure rate is somewhere between 1.5% to 4.5% . . . for the early production Builds, which admittedly may have some 'teething problems' - (ref 'Bathtub Curve' @MOBRONCO)

And still questions about data collection methodology - with not many options right now . . .
If someone has better data sets I'd be glad to see them . . .
Consumer Reports recently shared the results of its annual 2020 automotive reliability survey. Unfortunately, the publication’s findings concluded that Ford quality suffered, with recently-redesigned vehicles like the 2020 Ford Explorer and 2020 Ford Escape experiencing significant quality issues, over one year after their respective launches. But the poor showing extended to other FoMoCo products, too. Out of 26 brands total, Ford now ranks 22nd overall, which represented a six place drop when compared to the 2019 study. FoMoCo’s luxury Lincoln brand also had a poor showing.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/f...sumer-reports-latest-auto-reliability-survey/

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Consumer Reports recently shared the results of its annual 2020 automotive reliability survey. Unfortunately, the publication’s findings concluded that Ford quality suffered, with recently-redesigned vehicles like the 2020 Ford Explorer and 2020 Ford Escape experiencing significant quality issues, over one year after their respective launches. But the poor showing extended to other FoMoCo products, too. Out of 26 brands total, Ford now ranks 22nd overall, which represented a six place drop when compared to the 2019 study. FoMoCo’s luxury Lincoln brand also had a poor showing.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/f...sumer-reports-latest-auto-reliability-survey/
That is an interesting observation about new vehicle launches contributing disproportionately to poor reliability ratings. I am a Toyota fan and maybe the fact that most of their designs are 10+ years old contributes to their generally higher quality rankings overall. The leading edge is often the bleeding edge.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:LOL:

Pug.jpg

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as forum posts, well, this is an echo chamber these days. A recurring theme at Super Celebration last week was, "I don't go to the forums anymore because they're so toxic." Ford came here hoping to learn things and try to make them better, but we ran them off.
Ain't that the truth. This place has become very bitter the last few months. Many regulars are quick to declare the Bronco an utter failure and rip Ford at any opportunity. Unsubstantiated rumors are posted and taken as fact after a few pages whether they have been proven or not. New vendors are greeted with their products being trashed and called inferior to brand-x. And forget about wading into a thread that has Jeep in the title. I get that everyone is exhausted from the delays and course corrections but lately, half the posts on here are better left unsaid and contribute zero to the forum. (OP, mini rant not necessarily directed at you but responding to the quoted post)

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The 2.7 (Gen 2) is not just used in the Bronco, it’s also in F150’s and Lincoln models.

so you would have to take into account all those produced too

it’s a very reliable engine ..with well above average quality and few problems.
Not as reliable as you may have been lead to believe. The Ecoboost engines are notorious leakers, and I have had to replace turbos for clients who didn’t take sufficient care of their air filters. Turbos are expensive AF. Not the kind of tech you neccessarily want from a company that is looking for every possible means of cost cutting.

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
[ UPDATE: seized engines - see 2.7L Issue ]

We have new info @Jay3630 - re 2.7L engines - he works Lima plant where they are made -
He reports "bad batch" of "brittle valves" - aka "April batch" -

The two engine seizures reported here in B6G (see OP) were both delivered around July sometime ? "Blend date 7/16" - If your 2.7L was around that time it might be affected - maybe check engine 'birth history' as he recommends, if possible -

Today we have update from Bronco owner @Broncoshrimp (Sept seized engine) - re Ford service experience -
I'm glad you quoted Jay3630 because it looks like his profile has been deleted. :unsure:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm glad you quoted Jay3630 because it looks like his profile has been deleted. :unsure:
And you thought I was kidding when I called it secret information.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forums never change. I have been on car forums since they were text only dial up bulletin boards. People were saying the exact same things about (insert vehicle here). Vehicles are machines. Machine are built by animals with shit they dug out of the ground. Its pretty remarkable.

You make anything in enough quantity and you will have issues.

Find me a car out there that doesn't have its share of issues.

Dont even bring Toyota into this discussion

Ford Bronco Major Mech failures . . what % ? - [March 7 update] 1634760764633

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a feeling 5-6 years from now, any vehicle (not talking just Bronco) built in late 2020 or in 2021 and probably early 2022 will be labeled with COVID quality stigma.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling 5-6 years from now, any vehicle (not talking just Bronco) built in late 2020 or in 2021 and probably early 2022 will be labeled with COVID quality stigma.
Engineers working from home doesn't end well when you actually make a product, this was predictable.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These thread is hilarious. I tend to let my personal experience shape my opinions rather than regurgitating what others say. Vehicles regardless of who makes them now a days are all pretty reliable. Every car company makes shit sometimes but now vs 30 years ago is a pretty level playing field. I’ve owned Honda’s, fords, Chevy, audi, Mercedes,jeep, Subaru and they have all been pretty reliable and not one has ever been something I would never buy again. As an fyi I actually own a 2020 ST with 30k on it with no major issues or warranty claims. And what things have been wrong have been handled quickly and fixed. My last vehicle before the st was a JGC v8 that I put 50k miles on miles on with only 1 warranty issue, a lose sunroof track bolt.

Read all the articles and talk to all the people you want but actual experience with a product is what should matter. Most people that are happy never post that. We have a august 2020 bronco sport that is absolutely perfect. 0 issues and it’s got 11k on it.
Sponsored