First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also Carl I might add reliability issues start cropping up on most vehicles due to owner abuse and lack of maintenance.
Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd say we need to give it 6 months to have this kind of conversation.
One more month and we will be at 6 months. We know more now and have 38 failed 2.7's. Bad batch, bad design? We still don't know for sure, but we do have a better idea what engine build dates are in the hot zone. So let's give it one more month to continue this conversation.

The 2.7 (Gen 2) is not just used in the Bronco, it’s also in F150’s and Lincoln models.

so you would have to take into account all those produced too

it’s a very reliable engine ..with well above average quality and few problems.
The 2.7L Ecoboost in the Bronco develops more horsepower and torque than other 2.7 Ecoboost engines. SO the bronco NANO is not the same as others. The reliability comparison is not applicable since they are not the same engines.

Not as reliable as you may have been lead to believe. The Ecoboost engines are notorious leakers, and I have had to replace turbos for clients who didn’t take sufficient care of their air filters. Turbos are expensive AF. Not the kind of tech you neccessarily want from a company that is looking for every possible means of cost cutting.
Exactly as stated. You can't neglect regular maintenance with these twin turbo Nano engines that have been tweaked to get more Horsepower, Torque and mileage.
Sponsored

Last edited: