First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m certainly not a Ford fanboy. In my view they have jacked up this roll out and the top I want will not even be available till MY23, I hope.

But your “data” is ridiculous. The proposed sample rate is too small, your not even sure of the number of delivered Broncos, and then you make “projections”.

I have no idea what the long term reliability will be with the Bronco. Neither does anyone else.

Just use the warranty period as a shakedown cruise and if you’re not happy sell it.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Two (2) instances of dropped valves is concerning, but I'd have to throw it into MiniTab to see if it is actually statistically significant.

If so, it points to an assembly issue at the Lima plant, and not Bronco itself. Ford builds a ridiculous number of these engines, and if it is systemic, we will start seeing it pop up on the F-150 and Expedition forums.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if you were to read this forum, one might surmise there are quite a few participants who have zero knowledge of anything automotive. then we throw into the que this is a special purpose vehicle with special features. you will find some who will do things like try to use turn assist with the lockers engaged. you are then having two separate functions which are literally working against one another to the point of a system failure. then you have someone complaining they think their car is running hot when the gauge is within the normal operating limits and there were no other lights like a CEL or a engine temp warning light triggered. too many around here are making a dirt mountain out of a mole hill.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One way to improve reliability is hold Ford accountable for the many problems they're shipping . . .
I don't think it has been established that there "many" problems.

You have some concerns, and I think most folks do with any first year vehicle - based on what we have always been told. You have a couple of anecdotal accounts, so maybe they serve as red flags, waiting for a larger sample size. I suspect Ford wants to know about everything they can from users and dealers alike so they can correct any issues. After all, they still have to build about 115,000 more ASAP.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But here in B6G we see that Ford doesn't need to worry about that . . . they know they'll get a free pass from their minions of stooges, goons, pet-squirrels, ninnies, flunkies, and apparatchiks . . . . . aka . . 'the Believers' . . .
Ford Bronco Major Mech failures . . what % ? - [March 7 update] 1631491409954

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would never expect a Toyota to be as comfortable, have as much new technology, or look as good as a Ford. So there you have it.
And I hate it when you have to hack saw the roof and doors off to make them “removable”

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For the record :
- I have early Reservation, & early Order -
- And more than year ago paid $1,100 deposit - still on deposit -

- I do not want a Jeep -
- I do not want another 4Runner -
- Bought existing 4Runner in 1990 -
- Since then, have not bought any 4-wheel vehicles, only bikes -
- Now need more reliable 4-wheel ride -

- I want to buy a Bronco, and I want it to be reliable -

One way to improve reliability is hold Ford accountable for the many problems they're shipping . . .

But here in B6G we see that Ford doesn't need to worry about that . . . they know they'll get a free pass from their minions of stooges, goons, pet-squirrels, ninnies, flunkies, and apparatchiks . . . . . aka . . 'the Believers' . . .
My post was aiming to educate, any new product goes through a curve where issues are found as you scale production. It’s not excusing Ford, but every manufacturer goes through these issues.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

do things like try to use turn assist with the lockers engaged. you are then having two separate functions which are literally working against one another to the point of a system failure.
I'm surprised that's even possible. When all systems are electronic it's really easy to program the computer to override the operator.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OMG! Def cancel your order and move on.
Or better yet buy a super reliable 20 year old Toyota design again ……… Ford could have the same reliability too if they waited that long in between redesigns and didn’t try to innovate.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the most part I think Ford has done a pretty good job of trying to address first year issues and I hope they continue to do so because that's the key . In 2 -3 years I hope they will dial this in and have a great product like the F150. And not be like FCA and knowingly put crappy quality out because they are to cheap to fix it. Well maybe they've gotten better.

I have a 07 Toyota FJ. (First year) 170k with 1 issue , replaced an alternator that's it. But I am lucky because Toyota FJ first year is not recommend , lot's of issues . Toyota is very aggressive and they jump all over problems when they start popping up . Unfortunately it never included comfortable seats .

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised that's even possible. When all systems are electronic it's really easy to program the computer to override the operator.
I would think that this is not possible at all, otherwise they need to fire their programmers. Would make no sense to have this as an option, unless the computer turns one off while the other is in use. I sure expect to see an error message on the screen when trying this. And I will, just to be sure I can't make a stupid mistake while not really paying attention. I'll also have a cattle prod in the truck to make sure passengers keep their fingers off the hero switches :-D

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OK I'm the new guy here. I'm choosing between a 4Runner, Rubicon JL, and Bronco when the time comes. I like the 4Runner, my wife likes the look of the 2 door Bronco.

We all know that the Toyota is going to be the most reliable albeit not as capable out of the box.

While I'm not a Ford fan, I think the engineers did a great job on this platform. The only real documented issue and complained about the most is the rattling roof. Not bad at all for a new model year rig.

I personally think a combination of the times we are in and high demand made the rushing of getting this vehicle out on the market painful. The consumers are as much to blame as the manufacturer.

If only the aftermarket would catch up with some good adjustable shocks and protective skid plates......

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think that this is not possible at all, otherwise they need to fire their programmers. Would make no sense to have this as an option, unless the computer turns one off while the other is in use. I sure expect to see an error message on the screen when trying this. And I will, just to be sure I can't make a stupid mistake while not really paying attention. I'll also have a cattle prod in the truck to make sure passengers keep their fingers off the hero switches :-D
It's not possible. I tried for research purposes at the off-roadeo. Truck won't do it.

OK I'm the new guy here. I'm choosing between a 4Runner, Rubicon JL, and Bronco when the time comes. I like the 4Runner, my wife likes the look of the 2 door Bronco.

We all know that the Toyota is going to be the most reliable albeit not as capable out of the box.

While I'm not a Ford fan, I think the engineers did a great job on this platform. The only real documented issue and complained about the most is the rattling roof. Not bad at all for a new model year rig.

I personally think a combination of the times we are in and high demand made the rushing of getting this vehicle out on the market painful. The consumers are as much to blame as the manufacturer.

If only the aftermarket would catch up with some good adjustable shocks and protective skid plates......
I can't speak for Toyota reliability because I've never owned one. I can speak for Ford though, as I have never owned anything NOT Ford. In all my Fords, I have only had 3 issues and 2 of them were my own doing. I blew up a Tremec T-5 transmission in a Mustang after throwing almost 700hp at it. And I blew out a spark plug (literally blew the F out) on a Lightning after pushing 20lbs of boost on stock aluminum heads.

The only issue I've had that wasn't self inflicted was on my current truck and it all came down to new technology. Ford fixed it under warranty and I haven't had any problems since.
Sponsored