Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Glad you guys are on board. Look forward to some great products!

That wheeling pick looks like the Maze. 😊
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello Bronco6G family, and welcome to our own little section of the forum! We're proud to be here and excited to be developing products for the new Ford Bronco. Some of you may be familiar with ICON already, and some may know me, but for those who don't I'll introduce both the company and myself :)

icon-logo04.jpg

We are ICON Vehicle Dynamics, a company born out of the off-road motorsports, desert racing and back country adventure scenes. We built our reputation on innovative shock absorber and suspension technologies and precision manufacturing IN THE USA. We have since applied our design philosophy to wheels with our ICON Alloys product line, and more recently, to bumpers and armor with our ICON Impact product line. And we are excited to expand each of these segments of our business into the Bronco market.

ICON-banner.jpg

ICON Vehicle Dynamics and our core suspension product line embodies our philosophy of offering complete suspension systems to achieve any off-roader's performance goals. No two rigs are alike, no two drivers are alike. We all have different expectations and aspirations. So ICON has developed a range of state of the art suspension components, from shocks and springs to full coilovers, control arms, brackets, links and joints. From these we are able to select components to offer a range of suspension system "Stages" to achieve most off-roader's perfect combination of performance, ride quality, suspension travel, and of course budget. Our suspension stages usually begin with our simple, budget-friendly leveling kits and continue on up to our complete coilover kits with long-travel control arms. We look forward to bringing this range of diversity to our Bronco product line, with several of these products already in the can and much more in development. Of course we'll be telling you about these soon!

K22108_WEB_LARGE.jpg

(not a Bronco kit)​

ICON Alloys is our wheel line, which we call "Wheels designed with suspension in mind." Originally developed as an important extension of a complete suspension system to maximize performance, this segment of our business has evolved into a diverse line of great looking wheels that maintain a steadfast adherence to maximizing both form and function. Our most recent innovation, which has taken the off-road world by storm, is our patented InnerLock technology, a revolutionary new bead retention system available now in our Rebound Pro wheels. These of course are available in the 6 on 5.5" Bronco bolt pattern, in several backspacing variants. We'll be talking about these and all of our other Bronco-compatible wheels here on the forum!

johnchoi-moab07.jpg

image courtesy of @broncoepic

ICON Impact is a relatively new endeavor for us, as we launched it last year to bring our design and manufacturing resources to bear on the 4X4 bumper and armor market. We started with a full product line for Jeep Wrangler, and we're excited to now turn our attention to the Bronco. Our Impact series products are built for high clearance, high impact and high performance. While I don't have any sneak peeks to show you just yet (the image below is from one of our Jeep bumpers), I can tell you that the prototype designs currently working their way through our engineering department are amazing. I can't wait to get them on my own Bronco and show them off to all of you.

25215_LS-E.jpg

That's a little bit about ICON, and we'll of course be talking more about our products here on the forum, and always welcome your questions. I also wanted to introduce myself, for those of you who don't know me. The popularity of the new Bronco has brought a ton of new players out of the woodwork, many of whom are brand new to Broncos and the Bronco enthusiast community. Not me. I've been in Broncos for nearly 30 years, and currently own a 1970 and a 1971 Bronco (the latter is currently in parts!), and a new 2021 2-door Bronco.

dustyatpomeroylake02.jpg

I've been a fixture in the Bronco enthusiast community for decades, having founded So Cal Broncos, one of the oldest and most active non-club Bronco enthusiast communities, way back in 2001. And I've been a member of this forum nearly since it's inception, under my personal profile "Dusty." Nor am I new to the off-road aftermarket industry. I've worked in the recreational vehicle and 4X4 aftermarket since the 90's, including nearly 10 years helping to build the storied Poison Spyder brand in the Jeep market. I've been working with ICON for over a year now, and am excited to help introduce our brand and products to the Bronco community.

dustyatsandhollow05.jpg

So excuse our dust as we get settled in here and start populating our sub-forum with threads for our various products and technologies. Feel free to post questions here or in a new thread if you like! If you have a question about ICON that I can't answer, I'll find someone that can, and get back to you :)

LGE_BRONCO_HIGHRES_10.jpg

2011_FORD_RAPTOR_ICON_6.jpg
What's the build on the blue OBX in your photo? I just want a 1" lift and 33" tires for sand driving, but still comfortable and quiet enough for road & highway use!

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello Bronco6G family, and welcome to our own little section of the forum! We're proud to be here and excited to be developing products for the new Ford Bronco. Some of you may be familiar with ICON already, and some may know me, but for those who don't I'll introduce both the company and myself :)

icon-logo04.jpg

We are ICON Vehicle Dynamics, a company born out of the off-road motorsports, desert racing and back country adventure scenes. We built our reputation on innovative shock absorber and suspension technologies and precision manufacturing IN THE USA. We have since applied our design philosophy to wheels with our ICON Alloys product line, and more recently, to bumpers and armor with our ICON Impact product line. And we are excited to expand each of these segments of our business into the Bronco market.

ICON-banner.jpg

ICON Vehicle Dynamics and our core suspension product line embodies our philosophy of offering complete suspension systems to achieve any off-roader's performance goals. No two rigs are alike, no two drivers are alike. We all have different expectations and aspirations. So ICON has developed a range of state of the art suspension components, from shocks and springs to full coilovers, control arms, brackets, links and joints. From these we are able to select components to offer a range of suspension system "Stages" to achieve most off-roader's perfect combination of performance, ride quality, suspension travel, and of course budget. Our suspension stages usually begin with our simple, budget-friendly leveling kits and continue on up to our complete coilover kits with long-travel control arms. We look forward to bringing this range of diversity to our Bronco product line, with several of these products already in the can and much more in development. Of course we'll be telling you about these soon!

K22108_WEB_LARGE.jpg

(not a Bronco kit)​

ICON Alloys is our wheel line, which we call "Wheels designed with suspension in mind." Originally developed as an important extension of a complete suspension system to maximize performance, this segment of our business has evolved into a diverse line of great looking wheels that maintain a steadfast adherence to maximizing both form and function. Our most recent innovation, which has taken the off-road world by storm, is our patented InnerLock technology, a revolutionary new bead retention system available now in our Rebound Pro wheels. These of course are available in the 6 on 5.5" Bronco bolt pattern, in several backspacing variants. We'll be talking about these and all of our other Bronco-compatible wheels here on the forum!

johnchoi-moab07.jpg

image courtesy of @broncoepic

ICON Impact is a relatively new endeavor for us, as we launched it last year to bring our design and manufacturing resources to bear on the 4X4 bumper and armor market. We started with a full product line for Jeep Wrangler, and we're excited to now turn our attention to the Bronco. Our Impact series products are built for high clearance, high impact and high performance. While I don't have any sneak peeks to show you just yet (the image below is from one of our Jeep bumpers), I can tell you that the prototype designs currently working their way through our engineering department are amazing. I can't wait to get them on my own Bronco and show them off to all of you.

25215_LS-E.jpg

That's a little bit about ICON, and we'll of course be talking more about our products here on the forum, and always welcome your questions. I also wanted to introduce myself, for those of you who don't know me. The popularity of the new Bronco has brought a ton of new players out of the woodwork, many of whom are brand new to Broncos and the Bronco enthusiast community. Not me. I've been in Broncos for nearly 30 years, and currently own a 1970 and a 1971 Bronco (the latter is currently in parts!), and a new 2021 2-door Bronco.

dustyatpomeroylake02.jpg

I've been a fixture in the Bronco enthusiast community for decades, having founded So Cal Broncos, one of the oldest and most active non-club Bronco enthusiast communities, way back in 2001. And I've been a member of this forum nearly since it's inception, under my personal profile "Dusty." Nor am I new to the off-road aftermarket industry. I've worked in the recreational vehicle and 4X4 aftermarket since the 90's, including nearly 10 years helping to build the storied Poison Spyder brand in the Jeep market. I've been working with ICON for over a year now, and am excited to help introduce our brand and products to the Bronco community.

dustyatsandhollow05.jpg

So excuse our dust as we get settled in here and start populating our sub-forum with threads for our various products and technologies. Feel free to post questions here or in a new thread if you like! If you have a question about ICON that I can't answer, I'll find someone that can, and get back to you :)

LGE_BRONCO_HIGHRES_10.jpg

2011_FORD_RAPTOR_ICON_6.jpg
I really like your Repound Pro and I really hope you make them in a little darker bronze then you already have.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you are here and looking forward to continuing business with Icon. Y'all had me sold a long time ago, pre-Icon days. Yall's products and personal customer support is second to no one. Looking forward to seeing what y'all have developed.

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome ICON. These are exciting days that hold a lot of promise. Look forward to seeing your developing product line for the new Bronco.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have owned Icon products in the past. It’s great stuff. Even ended up in the hospital installing some of your products, no fault to Icon, so we go way back.

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the intro, I can't wait to see some of your new designs.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to the forum Dusty. Your Rebound wheels are at the top of my Bronco "wheel list". Now, if I can just get that Bronco....:)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Welcome aboard ICON is on my short list already.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have a set (5) of your Compression wheels in bronze for my A51 BL SAS 4Dr on order through Discount Tire. Looks like they are a little delayed due to supply but so is my Bronco so it’s all good. Look forward to seeing your other products out soon!

Ford Bronco Make your Bronco an ICON - Intro from ICON Vehicle Dynamics 411921BB-AFE8-425A-B9D7-DFDF374BAB9F

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dusty...great introduction, love ICON stuff, welcome to the site.

(as a business owner, just a little advice, you need to have links to your website, at the very least in your profile, so the higher-ups can track the click-throughs and attribute the traffic to your work)

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
We need some slider steps. Will sell like hot cakes
Duly noted! We have sliders in the works already :)

As you've been on this forum for quite a while, you've seen the interest in a winch bumper solution that keeps the winch low and tight to take advantage of the forward facing camera. Oh yeah, and relocate the adaptive cruise and keep air going to the intercooler, should be a piece of cake ;).
LOL it's actually the toughest thing to do with these Broncos: design a front bumper with winch mounting that looks simple, elegant and compact. I've been watching the other manufacturers and so far some do a valiant effort and some just phone it in. But it's hard to do, the way Ford has packaged everything. But we've got our team on it. First prototype has been built and they're working on tweaks to it now. I can't show you a sneak peek yet but the goal is to have it on our show rig at SEMA. Speaking of SEMA, yes ICON will have a Bronco in the booth there, with as much Bronco stuff on it as we are able to get to the prototype stage in time :)

Will you guy’s be making some 3.0s?
We already do! ICON 3.0 series shocks are available for some direct-fit applications (Raptor, Tundra, etc.). But whether or not they can be offered for Bronco comes down to packaging. There's not a whole lot of room inside those front UCA's. But of course we make our own UCA's so you never know what the future might hold :) But our 2.5 coilovers are going to perform awesome in our Bronco suspension systems!

That wheeling pick looks like the Maze. 😊
Good eye! Yeah that's me shooting photos on that drop-in near the beginning of the Maze, last year during Trail Hero!

What's the build on the blue OBX in your photo? I just want a 1" lift and 33" tires for sand driving, but still comfortable and quiet enough for road & highway use!
That was just a stock Outer Banks with our Compression series wheels and some 35's installed. I wasn't here when we did it but I'm pretty sure it didn't have any lift or other mods. Looks cool but you probably wouldn't want to run it like that as it will rub on articulation. They were just on there temporarily for the photos.

I really like your Repound Pro and I really hope you make them in a little darker bronze then you already have.
I'll relay your request! I don't get that involved on the wheel side of the business but I do know it's a huge undertaking with tons of moving parts, to do something that seems as simple as offering an additional color. But feedback is always welcome and considered :)

Any plan for a mid or long travel kit? I need a capable desert runner, I can't be alone in that.
Depends on what you mean by mid and long travel. We're probably not likely to develop a kit that requires torching brackets off the frame and welding new ones on so you can install longer control arms, but we've found a few ways to squeeze better travel and articulation out of the stock geometry. For example, a new, higher angle version of our Delta Joint boll joint, which we have been developing for our Raptor kits, is going into our billet front upper control arms for the Bronco. In the rear, our control arms will have a massive FK rod end at one end and a soft-durometer high angle bushing at the other. Our CAD models have hinted at some pretty impressive travel spec's we should be able to achieve once the system is complete. BTW I have the billet arms on my 2-door already, there's a thread here on 6G with photos of them. They did free up the rear end a bit on the otherwise stock suspension, but we probably won't get the full benefit of them until they're paired with our coilovers, which are in the works.
Sponsored