Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ready to head effortlessly into the wild

Both Bronco two- and four-door models make the open-air experience quick, easy and fun. Two-door models come with a standard three-section roof system – left and right front sections and a rear section – molded-in color and an available premium painted modular top with four sections that adds a removable panel over the rear seats and cargo area. Four-door models have four removable roof sections – left and right front panels, a full-width center panel and a rear section. Roof panels on all models can be removed by one person by unlocking the latches from the interior. First-row panels stow away onboard on two-door models.

All modular hardtops have rear quarter windows that are removable in three easy steps – snap, push and lift away in a fraction of the time it takes for competitors – without removing the roof panels. By locating the sportbar behind the second row, both Bronco two- and four-door models offer the largest overall open-top view in its class to take in the sunshine or to gaze at the stars at night.

A cloth soft top, standard on four-door models, provides easy access to the open air and a unique tilt-up function for quick access to the rear cargo area. For customers who don’t want to choose between a soft or hardtop, the four-door model can be optioned with both.

Every Bronco comes with class-exclusive frameless doors that make them easier to remove than what competitors offer. On four-door Bronco models, all four doors can be stored onboard with protective door bags. Exclusive cowl-mounted mirrors maintain sideview visibility when the doors are removed. Trail sights on the front fenders also serve as tie-downs, reminiscent of the first-generation Bronco, have a 150-pound capacity for securing longer items like canoes.
So it appears there are the following configs for hard top:
A) Standard on 2 door is a 3 piece hard top, having two panels above the front passengers, and one piece in back consisting of top/sides/back window.
B) Standard on the 4 door is a 4 piece hard top, having two panels above the front passengers, one panel across both rear passengers, and one piece in back consisting of top/sides/back window.
C) There might be what Ford calls a "modular" variation of the hardtop, where the back piece is modular, meaning at least the side rear windows can be removed separately.
D) The lower cost model hard tops are described as molded-in gray color, while there are also options for color painted hard tops.

Maybe we won't know for sure the config and how things come apart, until we actually see a video of someone removing the parts of the hard tops.

And then for soft top, for now it seems there is no mention for the 2 door. Only mention of a soft top for the 4 door.
Sponsored

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iʻve seen some talk about white tops since there is a released image of a 4-door cactus gray with a white top. Can anyone fill me in on the white top availability?

Nono

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unfortunately that info was lacking in the presentation. I haven't seen any videos yet of a human removing panels/doors.
I have been "analyzing" the pictures to see if the panels have a way to connect the roof rack to the rollbar independently from the panels, I sure hope so as well, that would be killer since I plan for a platform rack full of gear

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iʻve seen some talk about white tops since there is a released image of a 4-door cactus gray with a white top. Can anyone fill me in on the white top availability?
Nobody knows, and Ford has been oddly silent despite plastering those images all over their site.

----

One thing I'm very curious about is the roof rack. I like the looks of the roof without the racks, but I do realize that they'll be much more useful in the event that I need to carry something long. Obviously you still need to be able to take the top off, so I'm wondering if the roof rack is actually removable too - so that you can take it on/off with the top........which theoretically would mean you could take it off and put it on only when needed. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just tell me if I can get the roof on and off easily with a rack and gear basket loaded full of shit on top?!?
The 4 door modular roof is probably pretty light due to the mid panel being able to come out separately compared to Wrangler. I would expect the back section to be very light and be able to be hoisted easily.

Sponsored

Nono

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just tell me if I can get the roof on and off easily with a rack and gear basket loaded full of shit on top?!?
So I think I have good news, at least partially, if you see the attached picture you can see the 2 door with the front panel removed, and a loaded basket in the rear. What I think would mean for the 4 door is that you could potentially remove the first, and second row panels, and leave the cargo panels for the back legs of the rack to mount on, see second photo for rear mounting location.

Ford Bronco Making sense of the top options DJI_0141_C4

Bronco-4dr-05.jpg

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 4 door modular roof is probably pretty light due to the mid panel being able to come out separately compared to Wrangler. I would expect the back section to be very light and be able to be hoisted easily.
Since the back glass and quarter glass can be removed separately from the top, I'd expect that you won't even need a hoist.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since the back glass and quarter glass can be removed separately from the top, I'd expect that you won't even need a hoist.
Right. Makes no sense to require a hoist (and storage) for the cargo piece, yet the other panels and doors can be easily removed and stowed on the go.
Sponsored