Sponsored

Making the MIC top white or black? Any product (wrap, paint, Rhino liner) that can reliably be used?

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know of a product (wrap, paint, Rhino liner) that can reliably be used to make the top white or black? I was counting on a white top with my color choice and not being able to get one anytime soon has me questioning colors and trim levels.
Sponsored

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to be tough with a MIC top. The MIC top they show appear to have a pretty rough surface. I don't think it will be easily paintable or wrap-able

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m thinking the aftermarket will take care of the things Ford couldn’t/hasn’t. That being hard top options. I think we’re seeing how difficult it is bringing back a vehicle that’s been dormant for 20+ years. Yeah, some things could be going smoother, I grant that, but this is a massive undertaking. I think the vehicle will still hit the mark for what we want to use it for, which is top off and get into nature.

Sponsored

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man, I am more and more disappointed with every announcement. No donut doors, no modular top, etc. etc. etc. I don't want to pay $50k plus for things I don't want or like. When they did the reveal I was like, whatever it costs, I am buying one. Now, I am trying to decide if I should just cancel my reservation or not.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd think you'd be able to take the top to a body shop, sand the MIC top down to make it smooth then have them paint it black? Or am I dreaming?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Folks seem to say that the Modular is heaver than the MIC. IF that is true, then one would think you could linex the MIC in whatever color you wish and the added weight and stiffness might bring you up to the Painted version specs?
Sponsored