Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone gotten this warning?

I just picked my Bronco up from getting PPF and ceramic coat done, and the check engine light is on with my app saying this:

“The Engine Control System has detected an electrical concern with the Ambient Air Temperature Sensor. This may result in the ambient air temperature to display inaccurately. (if equipped) The Engine Start/Stop feature (if equipped) may be disabled when this fault is present.”

Ford Bronco MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP - REGULATORY 981AD70D-A092-40AB-9F42-FF6288B6D242
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just picked my Bronco up from getting PPF and ceramic coat done, and the check engine light is on with my app saying this:

“The Engine Control System has detected an electrical concern with the Ambient Air Temperature Sensor. This may result in the ambient air temperature to display inaccurately. (if equipped) The Engine Start/Stop feature (if equipped) may be disabled when this fault is present.”

Ford Bronco MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP - REGULATORY 981AD70D-A092-40AB-9F42-FF6288B6D242
Likely just some calibrating issue. Throw a scanner on there and reset the code. If it comes back dig deeper.

OP
OP
Aguelian

Aguelian

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP - REGULATORY 1643554792961
Hello, Ashley!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this alert detail on your Bronco. Thanks!

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello, Ashley!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this alert detail on your Bronco. Thanks!
@Ford Motor Company where are you on the 2.7 Engine Blow-up thread???

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, Ashley!
CRICKETS

Busyboy19

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello, Ashley!
Did you ever get a resolution? I just got same thing today 2X.

Ford Bronco MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP - REGULATORY IMG_173EF48CCEF3-1

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aguelian

Aguelian

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you ever get a resolution? I just got same thing today 2X.

Ford Bronco MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP - REGULATORY IMG_173EF48CCEF3-1
Mine resolved itself. I think it must have gotten water on it or something when my PPF was done.

tgoodchild17

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Explorer, 15 XC60, 18 GTI, 87 325i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes I have the same issue. Took it to the dealer and basically they are telling me that they cannot find anything wrong with the vehicle. I have explained to them the exact events that i exhibited and showed them the message from Ford Pass. It appears that this is becoming a know issue on the Bronco. I am on day three with little or no updates on my vehicle. This is not the kind of publicity Ford would want on such an important vehicle.

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, Ashley!
I had the same thing happen to me did we figure it out?

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had film installed today and I have the non painted mirrors so no film on them but on the rest of the vehicle and earlier had other warnings and those went away and now that same message came up on my for pass so was hoping we can make that alert go away or figure out what it was
Sponsored