First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas (6spd)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been lurking here for a bit while enjoying the Badlands I got my wife last year. We were late into the Bronco scene and were well past the window of being able to order one. We managed to get a badlands at slightly over msrp. And have been enjoying it since. However, the braptor has been on my mind since I learned about them. Once I got word the order banks were opening back up, I started to pound the phone. After several days of calling dealers throughout Florida, I found one that had an allocation left. I sent him the build I wanted and he got it submitted. All he asked for was my drivers license....My concern is, he mentioned it would be over msrp, but could not commit to how much. Do I wait it out and see how much they are actually going to charge once it comes in? Cancel the order? Looking for some suggestions.
Sponsored

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as your are not 100% on the hook for it if the mark-up is more than you are willing to pay, I would keep the order. Especially since you didn't have to put a deposit on it.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My general rule of thumb is to not order a vehicle until you get a price agreement signed by both parties. There is nothing else in life I freely agree to buy without knowing what the price will be, so not sure why a vehicle would be any different.

I realize that in this situation with order banks only expected to stay open for 24 hours that's a little more difficult. BUT... still... a Bronco Raptor that is $5000 above MSRP is much different than a Bronco Raptor that is $25,000 above MSRP. One of those I would seriously consider purchasing. The other one is like buying one vehicle for the price of two vehicles... and that's a little too rich for my blood.

Since you didn't have to put down a deposit, I guess it ultimately doesn't matter. But I would try to get pricing from the dealer so you can make plans.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Florida dealers have some of the highest markups in the country especially on Ford Performance vehicles from my search. Good luck if there was no agreed upon price.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My local dealership has 1 allocation and he gave me first dibs on it. Spec'd it out the other day and he's submitting it whenever he can. Code Orange, Lux, MGV interior, orange belts. Guaranteed at MSRP. Sticker comes out to around $87k. He's guessing sometime middle of 2024. My sales guy is the owner of the dealership and a friend of mine and he's never lied about pricing. If i decide to pass it up he won't probably sell it for MSRP unless its another friend/family member. Most honest dealership i've ever dealt with in my 38 years

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checked eBay motors and most SOLD braptors are going for about $10k or less markup now. And I now have two dealers in Oregon willing to sell me an allocation for $10k markup. It didn’t take much haggling. One started at $15k and moved down to $10k. The other I called a month later and started and ended at $10k. Still waiting to get down to less then $5k. I’m in no rush, my 2nd bronco is getting delivered in 2 weeks and I’ll play with that until then.

Here’s the difference 2 months makes on eBay motors. Let’s see what another 12 does.

2DB864E0-774A-4610-BD97-D57C2141C529.png

F77171C3-57E0-4692-A094-EFB628B1FF53.png

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, son's 08 Civic, wife's biz 22 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For sure get a signed doc by them with the adm they are adding. I would ask if they would decrease that depending on the markup. That number is max. They were going for upwards of 35k over earlier but are going down now. You don’t want them to charge you 25k over, you don’t take it, you just gave them another car to sell to someone who might not be as smart as you.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Back in Jan I placed an order with in writing agreement at $10k over sticker with fully refundable deposit. Dealer said they had allocation and that it would be built in 2023, just no idea when.

About a week later I found one already scheduled for Feb build. Also at $10k ADM. It was Black instead of my preferred HPR and had about $4k in options I wouldn't have picked. In the end, went with the old 'bird in the hand' approach. Figure I can always trade it in on the HPR one if/when it's built.

The HPR was only recently scheduled for build in May. But when I asked about the price protection that apparently should be available since my order was signed prior to 2/9, the dealer is not committing to any price protection. So with recent $4800 in price increases, I have a feeling it'll come out to be almost $15k over the sticker price at time I placed my order.

Now I'm very glad I went with the black one. It was held up in Production for a few weeks but will be at dealer next week. Even with $4k in options I wouldn't have picked, it's going to cost less than the HPR after the price increases. And I'm coming around to liking the Black better than HPR :)

OP
OP

ryancasper2004

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas (6spd)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked him how much over msrp, he said they couldn’t guarantee due to the market. Says it depends on the market when it comes. I haven’t signed anything as of yet. Supposed to be getting a document today he said. We will see. At this point, I think I’m just going to back out.
Sponsored