Sponsored

Mannequin demo purchase reservation legit?

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I rather wait than have people drive the vehicle. I’m calling tomorrow to lock up the deal.
Sponsored

Lesymarie

Base
First Name
Lesy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D BRONCO 2.7L RAPID RED
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How much over msrp did you agree to May I ask? They are doing 5k and have just randos making offers, but they received nothing by any of them In three weeks.

I found it online and would have to fly then drive it back home. I guess all those making offers are not serious. I live in another city and I’m not sure how to move forward. I already told them I’m ready and no response. Maybe they think they will get more offers now and will try to bid me up. Who knows.

Also 5k. I was also surprised when I went to look at it that no one had reserved it.

I'm still excited though!

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also 5k. I was also surprised when I went to look at it that no one had reserved it.

I'm still excited though!
Is it far from you? Mine is about 6 1/2 hrs away. Broncos are being priced 25k over msrp in my city.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
So here’s my question…what if you did put a deposit on a demo vehicle why can’t they just use it as a loaner to you? Then when the time is up you just go sign the papers…I’m sure there would have to be some kind of written agreement that if you wreck it or whatever the dealership isn’t liable. I’ve been thinking about trying to find a demo myself but I wouldn’t want a bunch of randoms driving it like maniacs for 6 months. Especially if I’m paying over MSRP….

Sponsored
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here’s my question…what if you did put a deposit on a demo vehicle why can’t they just use it as a loaner to you? Then when the time is up you just go sign the papers…I’m sure there would have to be some kind of written agreement that if you wreck it or whatever the dealership isn’t liable. I’ve been thinking about trying to find a demo myself but I wouldn’t want a bunch of randoms driving it like maniacs for 6 months. Especially if I’m paying over MSRP….
They can’t because I live in a different state and I think the agreement from ford precludes them from doing that. Have you read anyone being able to do that?

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I understand it, they are allowed to do whatever they want to do with it, so they could allow that. But that defeats the purpose of the program which is to drum up more sales.

I was told that once it gets into the 5th month that I could take the vehicle and come back when the period is over and finalize the deal. I also plan on taking it for a week or so in the 4th month which I think will be OK.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I understand it, they are allowed to do whatever they want to do with it, so they could allow that. But that defeats the purpose of the program which is to drum up more sales.

I was told that once it gets into the 5th month that I could take the vehicle and come back when the period is over and finalize the deal. I also plan on taking it for a week or so in the 4th month which I think will be OK.
I live 7 hrs away, so that’s probably not going to happen.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
They can’t because I live in a different state and I think the agreement from ford precludes them from doing that. Have you read anyone being able to do that?
I have not but that’s what I would attempt to do if it were me.Otherwise it will probably be beat to shit by the time I get it .

Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base

I get it I’m sure they want to keep it in hopes that more people reserve through them.That’s just me though i want it in like new shape if I were to buy one because I am paying MORE than new vehicle prices for technically a used vehicle.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I reserved one with some money down. As far as I know, there is only a requirement to keep the vehicle for 6 months at this time. There is no mileage requirement.

However, someone posted recently that they were told Ford is now stipulating dealers can only sell FCTP (demo/mannequin) vehicles to people with orders placed by 3/19/21 or whatever the cut off date was.

I am checking with my dealer to see if that is true or not.
I’ve seen something similar, you have to be a reservation holder at the specific dealership to put a deposit on a demo.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve seen something similar, you have to be a reservation holder at the specific dealership to put a deposit on a demo.
I was very clear I’m from another state. They didn’t say I couldn’t place a deposit down on the vehicle, but I guess I’ll find out tomorrow. Hell, I’ll submit a reservation with that dealership if I have to.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was very clear I’m from another state. They didn’t say I couldn’t place a deposit down on the vehicle, but I guess I’ll find out tomorrow. Hell, I’ll submit a reservation with that dealership if I have to.
I’ll see if I can find the sheet.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can’t find it lemme phone a friend. @ZackDanger What do you know about the FCTP program only being available to reservation holders at the dealership? I know forsure I seen an official paper on it I just can’t find it.
Sponsored