First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Tahoe 2-door, 1976 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dropped by my local Ford dealer unannounced yesterday to review up close and to test drive their mannequin. It was sitting on their showroom floor with a "sold" ticket hanging from the rear view mirror. I questioned them on selling it so quickly and they were "we accepted a deposit on it today and the new owner doesn't want any extra mileage on it before we deliver it some time in the future."
My next question was "....so as a customer who has an order outstanding for a Bronco with you guys; do I get to test drive it?" Their answer was no; its sold.
I don't really care that they received a premium for the sale of the mannequin; that's just the free market working as its designed to.
I do care that they are not using the vehicle as Ford Corporate intended it to be used; as a sampler for potential and/or actual buyers.
Its obvious what they perceive my value as customer to be at this dealership but moving my order at this late date is not an option.
Do I have any recourse besides just sucking it up and test drive another one somewhere else?
Thanks
Tbruz
Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are not obligated to allow test drives. Bummer but thats the deal.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Are you still allowed to sit in it, or is that off limits as well?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others have mentioned, there has never been a requirement that dealers allow test drives in their mannequins. They can sit in the show room, or be used as service vehicles, or loaners, or test drives, or whatever else they way. They just can't sell them.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I dropped by my local Ford dealer unannounced yesterday to review up close and to test drive their mannequin. It was sitting on their showroom floor with a "sold" ticket hanging from the rear view mirror. I questioned them on selling it so quickly and they were "we accepted a deposit on it today and the new owner doesn't want any extra mileage on it before we deliver it some time in the future."
My next question was "....so as a customer who has an order outstanding for a Bronco with you guys; do I get to test drive it?" Their answer was no; its sold.
I don't really care that they received a premium for the sale of the mannequin; that's just the free market working as its designed to.
I do care that they are not using the vehicle as Ford Corporate intended it to be used; as a sampler for potential and/or actual buyers.
Its obvious what they perceive my value as customer to be at this dealership but moving my order at this late date is not an option.
Do I have any recourse besides just sucking it up and test drive another one somewhere else?
Thanks
Tbruz
Nothing in the rules shows they have to let anyone drive it. Hell In the rules Ford specifically says they can accept deposits and presell them. Itā€™s just another way for Ford to stick it in the loyal res holders.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I talked to my dealer, he explained they were getting two for the dealership. One was the mannequin that was already on the floor and it was not intended for test drives. They are expecting a second unit later this month that will be designated for the loaner pool and they will be using that for test drives.

OP
OP

tbruz

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Tahoe 2-door, 1976 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the replies.
I never did try to just sit in it as I was kinda put off by the "its sold" comment.
Plus I have sat in them already.
Tbruz

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Weā€™ve sold ours but the buyer is OK with us using it for display purposes and test drives for the 6 months until he can take delivery of it.

:unsure:

Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Itā€™s just another way for Ford to stick it in the loyal res holders.
no, itā€™s a way to get display/demos out there for people to see.

what were they supposed to do. Build a bunch of vehicles and send them out to each dealer with the stipulation that they can NEVER be sold?

Get realā€¦

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stinks you can't have it for 6 months though. I guess you could "take" it out. So close but you still don't completely own it that would be painful.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
no, itā€™s a way to get display/demos out there for people to see.

what were they supposed to do. Build a bunch of vehicles and send them out to each dealer with the stipulation that they can NEVER be sold?

Get realā€¦
They could of put a mileage restriction on them like they did with the Mach E. Dealers couldnā€™t wait to get you to drive a Mach E so they could get the minimum miles and sell them faster. Itā€™s funny no where in my post I said anything about not being allowed to sell them. Shitty dealers hurry up and Presold their demos then refuse to let anyone drive them.

Last edited:

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks
Tbruz
I thought that there was an official Ford Rep on the forum now. Maybe ask them?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
recourse? lmao!
Sponsored