Sponsored

Manquatch Ordering Advice and Information please????

hipster_mctool

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have pre-order reservations, and initial scope of build was a Manual Badlands 2-door. But with the addition for the manual Sasquatch, I intend to order a Manual Badlands Sasquatch 4 door. I had already heard that this configuration moved to 2022.

That said, I have not heard anything regarding ordering, timing, etc. from Ford or my shitty dealership. All I see is news that production timelines are extended based on orders, there have been ordering deadlines, etc. But I haven't ordered anything so far! So I am turning to this group of big brains in hopes to get some clarity.

For those like me who want a Sasquatch Manual transmission, any idea on when we can or should be ordering? Are our reservations and place in line irrelevant? Is it better to cancel the rez and shop dealerships and start over in 2022? What about the delay incentives like the soundproofing headliner and accessories credits for those, like me, that pushed?

Please help. Any information is helpful. Thank you.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only thing Ford has said is MY22 ordering will open "this summer."

MY22 production is supposed to start in December. Beyond that, us MY22 folks are just sitting here with our popcorn.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of good insight, tons of speculation and even more unanswered questions. You my friend are asking questions that are impossible to answer right now.

There are so many things up in the air right now, with the delivery of the "available" models that speculating about the "sometime-in-the-future" models seems kind of painful.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have pre-order reservations, and initial scope of build was a Manual Badlands 2-door. But with the addition for the manual Sasquatch, I intend to order a Manual Badlands Sasquatch 4 door. I had already heard that this configuration moved to 2022.

That said, I have not heard anything regarding ordering, timing, etc. from Ford or my shitty dealership. All I see is news that production timelines are extended based on orders, there have been ordering deadlines, etc. But I haven't ordered anything so far! So I am turning to this group of big brains in hopes to get some clarity.

For those like me who want a Sasquatch Manual transmission, any idea on when we can or should be ordering? Are our reservations and place in line irrelevant? Is it better to cancel the rez and shop dealerships and start over in 2022? What about the delay incentives like the soundproofing headliner and accessories credits for those, like me, that pushed?

Don't cancel your res, have your dealer make your reservation a priority code 99. This prevents your build from being scheduled for production. When '22MY options become available you'll be able to go in and convert your order and will keep your place in line.

If you cancel your reservation you go to the end of the line. Maintaning your reservation also locks you into 21MY pricing, although there's some uncertainty how that works with packages that were not available as a 21MY (heritage/mansquatch/etc).

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do not cancel. Your reservation timestamp will carry over to MY22... and you'll be in the same place in line relative to everyone else who has reserved and has not received their Bronco yet.

Since you want a ManSquatch, which is a MY22 option, you'll need to either have your dealer place your order with a Priority code 99 (which is a "do not build" code), or you need to keep it a reservation and not place an order at all.

When all MY22 options are revealed officially, a date for MY22 ordering to start will be given. When that date comes, anyone waiting for a MY22 will need to place their order through their dealer... anyone who had a MY21 order, but did not get a Bronco yet, will most likely need to submit an updated order as well.

Ford will continue pulling orders and building them based on product availability, in general order of time stamp, just as they had been in MY21.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

.02 for all the Mansquatchers.

If I wanted a Mansquatch and was planning on anything above a base I would just order a BadMan. Your 90% there, I would argue even better (I think 4.46's and 33's are the sweet spot), and you can get it sooner or maybe ever. Although Ford (I think actually it was just Mr. Levine in a tweet) has said they will build a Mansquatch, who knows if they really will or when.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How can we possibly make a reasonable decision to 99 our order or move to MY22 if we have no information about when our early (first 6 hours) reservation / subsequent order is likely to be built. That's what's frustrating me. It seems like FORD does not to want provide any build timelines because they don't want to risk orders getting cancelled or pushed into 2022. They have got to have a better idea of when vehicles will go into production than they are letting on, no? If they can't build it then just let us know! How frustrating would it be to cancel or 99 your order only to find out that they are shipping this Summer.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm no expert, but my order philosophy has been to work with my dealer to place my order, as I want it. It'll come eventually. I'll wait.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
.02 for all the Mansquatchers.

If I wanted a Mansquatch and was planning on anything above a base I would just order a BadMan. Your 90% there, I would argue even better (I think 4.46's and 33's are the sweet spot), and you can get it sooner or maybe ever. Although Ford (I think actually it was just Mr. Levine in a tweet) has said they will build a Mansquatch, who knows if they really will or when.
Badlands have 4.70 gears standard, not 4.46. As long as you are keeping the manual, you keep the 4.70 gears. The optional auto forces the taller gears.

dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although Ford (I think actually it was just Mr. Levine in a tweet) has said they will build a Mansquatch, who knows if they really will or when.
They made a little commercial with a sasquatch driving away rowing gears, so a bit more than just a Levine tweet

5StringSlim

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the 2 door Badmansquatch camp too. I made my reservation within the first hour. My dealer keeps me updated with what he knows. It is simply a waiting game.