Sponsored

Mansquatch or 2.7MT holdouts support group?

What transmission configuration are you waiting for?

• Total voters

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who else here is holding out for a proper Bronco? Either a ManSquatch or a 2.7 TT with the stick to move it? Does anyone dare to dream of a day when one could could get a Base Sasquatch with the 2.7 MT?

Well I do. The earliest year mine will be is 2022 :cry:, there are promises of Mansquatch happening then. Which would be great but at the price of Black Diamond (my favorite model) it is close to a Badlands in price. Then I think how cool a stick shift Badlands would be with 400lbft of torque. Basically it would be something Chuck Norris would use as a patrol car.

I know there are alot of folks that will say dont wait because life is short. But I consider myself among the least wealthy people on here and will only get to buy a vehicle like this once, and will have to keep it for the rest of my life. So I have to get it right.

This is a thread for all you holding on to your sticks to talk about your hopes and dreams. Hopefully the automatic overlords wont bombard it with all of their supposed advantages.

What do you all think?
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7L w/MT 2D is what I'm want. It might not happen until 2023/24 if ever.

And can I get a Park/Emergency Brake Hand Lever too?!?!

Oh.... and a Drop Down Tailgate too! (this could be a 2D only thing.... )

OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh yeah a 2.7 MT 2 door would be a hotrod! Give it a tune and turbo swap. Run side pipes on it, hubba hubba! Love it!

Yes please god give me that electric mustang 6 speed and the same in a bronco with the 7 speed. By the way this 7spd is hybrid capable!

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco; 11 Jetta TDI; 03 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.7L w/MT 2D is what I'm want. It might not happen until 2023/24 if ever.

And can I get a Park/Emergency Brake Hand Lever too?!?!

Oh.... and a Drop Down Tailgate too! (this could be a 2D only thing.... )
I agree with all these statements. Hey, Ford ?! Are you listening ?

Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who else here is holding out for a proper Bronco? Either a ManSquatch or a 2.7 TT with the stick to move it? Does anyone dare to dream of a day when one could could get a Base Sasquatch with the 2.7 MT?

Well I do. The earliest year mine will be is 2022 :cry:, there are promises of Mansquatch happening then. Which would be great but at the price of Black Diamond (my favorite model) it is close to a Badlands in price. Then I think how cool a stick shift Badlands would be with 400lbft of torque. Basically it would be something Chuck Norris would use as a patrol car.

I know there are alot of folks that will say dont wait because life is short. But I consider myself among the least wealthy people on here and will only get to buy a vehicle like this once, and will have to keep it for the rest of my life. So I have to get it right.

This is a thread for all you holding on to your sticks to talk about your hopes and dreams. Hopefully the automatic overlords wont bombard it with all of their supposed advantages.

What do you all think?
I voted 2.7 MT, but honestly, before I knew the 2.3 was the only choice I was torn between the 6 and the 4. I think back to when my father had a V6 A4 5M and my now wife had the same car with the 1.8T, and how the lesser weight of the 1.8T made for a more dynamic package. I know the Bronco is a truck but extra weight way up front has its disadvantages.

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m getting really antsy waiting for ManSquatch. If I had known the car market was going to get so crazy, I’d have just ordered a Badlands manual. Looks like resale on used anything is through the roof and will be for a while. If all the Jeep dealers hadn’t responded by killing the deals, I might have already bought another Jeep. I really hope we get some information soon on when we might see some 2022 details. Not holding my breath though.

Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a 4dr Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch on order...but you all know how the delays are currently. Ordered a diesel Jeep Rubicon and shoved the Bronco order to 22. Got to thinking that I really don’t need two 4 door offroad SUVs in the driveway, but I still want a Bronco. Did some more reading and research and am pretty sure I’m gonna swap builds to a 2dr ManSquatch. Unsure on trim yet. It’ll either be a base that I build out or a base Badlands. Used to have a manual 06’ Power Wagon on 37s. Still regret selling it to this day. Was a hoot to drive! I think I could make room in the driveway for a 2dr ManSquatch Bronco :cool: Use the Jeep for when I need to haul 2+ people/larger items or when I’m hitting extreme rocky trails and use the Bronco for other stuff. Best of both worlds!

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dreaming of my base mansquatch! The 2.3 will be fine for me to have all the fun I need!

99FRC

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if 2.7 MT Sasquatch was available I’d be all in. Would prefer 2 door, but either would work. Just waiting till it’s available then I’m on it

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was holding out for mansquatch but since they don't offer the 7MT in the Base 4 door I decided to go for a BD 2.3MT. I can always add a lift/tires/locker/etc as the need arises. I realize prices likely won't be the same for MY22 and as it is the 4 door BD Squatch is nearing the cost of BL. If I knew I could confidently squeeze my wife, two little kids, and camping equipment into the 2 door… but I'm not so sure.

I'm just relieved to be getting a manual transmission vehicle again (other than a 1 down, 5 up). I plan on teaching my children how to drive in it, starting out by shifting while riding shotgun to get the hang of the gears and feel for the engine.
Sponsored