First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
The biggest mods I’ll probably do is full exhaust, big down pipe, intake, blow off valve for cool factor, and tune ?. No cats with the exhaust since I won’t have to smog for a few years. I don’t even think I’ll need much more power than stock, hell my 96 mustang Gt only made 215 engine hp lol. Little 2.3 puts out more Power than my 95,96, and 99 mustang Gt did. After a tune it’ll be right up there with my 07 mustang Gt.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ha! Nope, no racing for me. I get motion sickness like crazy now. That’s why I’m selling the mustang gt500. I just would like to have a little power for “Merging” onto the freeway ?.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh im gonna have some fun once its paid off. Until then im looking at a tune and and maybe a boost cooler. Plus whatever ford racing sells. After the warranty Im gonna have the internals checked, and overhauled as needed. Then its big turbo time and probably cams. If I blow it down the road hopefully by then there will be a junkyard swap with the HD 7 speed and a bigger mill. Im not expecting to go over about 450hp on the stock trans and motor.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm interested in the manual with the 2.3 but I hope it's not a dog. My 1997 Wrangler is an old machine with a tractor engine that has only 180 HP (5 speed manual) and is such a slug for daily driving with the high HP even eco cars out there today. I get run over in it all the time But I do love the manual in it.

My 1970 Bronco with a modified 302 and only a 3 speed manual was fast machine though. If the 2.3 is somewhere in between (more towards the 302) the two it might be just fine. I'm still leaning on the 2.7 at this moment. Wish we could test drive to help us make the decision!

OP
OP
TheGuyATX

TheGuyATX

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Previous vehicles 10+ years ago I had a 350z with NO2. It was a blast but a pain with bottle swaps. Vehicle after that was a 135i. Exhaust, tune, and downpipes where more than enough to enjoy that thing on the road. Thinking the same route with the bronco. Although meth would not be a bad option to help with the carbon build up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheGuyATX

TheGuyATX

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The biggest mods I’ll probably do is full exhaust, big down pipe, intake, blow off valve for cool factor, and tune ?. No cats with the exhaust since I won’t have to smog for a few years. I don’t even think I’ll need much more power than stock, hell my 96 mustang Gt only made 215 engine hp lol. Little 2.3 puts out more Power than my 95,96, and 99 mustang Gt did. After a tune it’ll be right up there with my 07 mustang Gt.
I agree I think we get too hung on up the HP/TQ numbers. Pop those doors and roof off, hear that turbo spool. It will be all good.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an '18 Focus ST, 2.0L manual 6 speed, 252 HP and that car was awesome with that little mill. Now granted the Bronco will weigh another 1000 lbs over that, the extra 20 hp will help offset that a little. I repeat what I posted earlier, The Bronco should be a hoot to drive with the 2.3 and 7spd and I have no doubt it will be able to get out of its own way and then some.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Previous vehicles 10+ years ago I had a 350z with NO2. It was a blast but a pain with bottle swaps. Vehicle after that was a 135i. Exhaust, tune, and downpipes where more than enough to enjoy that thing on the road. Thinking the same route with the bronco. Although meth would not be a bad option to help with the carbon build up.
I had an 03 Z and have had 2 modified STis as well. My current is a 2011 with FBO E85 and I’ve been spending some time on the Mustang Ecoboost forums and already have a similar plan if the Bronco mods follow what is available for the Mustang. There are fuel kits for E85 and port injection, drop in turbos, built 2.3 and 2.0 motors, etc.

I will probably drive stock for a while but definitely Cobb Accesport if/when available, downpipe, intercooler, protune. Cobb stage 3 on Mustang makes another 80whp and torque. That’s all I would need

Ford Bronco Manual & 2.3 Ecoboost ACFB94F4-C83A-4B3F-87CE-9859CDCCCB11
Sponsored