Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This then begs an important question we don't have the answer to:

Does the "Crank-in-gear" feature allow the vehicle to start, or does it disengage the ignition? Or both?
Pretty sure it will simply allow the vehicle to start without depressing the clutch pedal. Thereby letting you crank the starter while in gear.

You'll likely have to activate it by way of a button or perhaps an in-dash menu - Tacomas and FJs had a physical button for the feature.
Sponsored

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, we pretty much certainly know the answer - it allows the vehicle to start without depressing the clutch pedal. Thereby letting you crank the starter while in gear.

You'll likely have to activate it by way of a button or perhaps an in-dash menu - Tacomas and FJs had a physical button for the feature.
Although still useful, this is somewhat disappointing to me then. I have seen in action offroad many times where using only the starter motor to move the vehicle ever so slightly is a powerful feature (with ignition disabled).

This would be a great aftermarket opportunity to use one of those "Aux" switches. Tie in some kind of relay allowing the starter to crank without hitting the start button, but instead the Aux switch.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep version- Hill decent control only works in 4low. Activate it and computer will not allow sped to increase while you go down a hill even if on very steep hill. System will activate any wheel brake needed front to back, side wheels or diagonally, all or some.

Basically you concentrate on steering and hill control takes care of the speed. Default speed is about 3mph (walking speed). You can increase it by 1 -3 mph more if needed.

at any time you can accelerate with skinny pedal and system goes back on after you let off the gas. You can always hit the brakes at any time you want. Hill decent goes back in action when you get outof it’s way or turn it off.

works great and doesn’t take over, only helps as much as you want it to.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Although still useful, this is somewhat disappointing to me then. I have seen in action offroad many times where using only the starter motor to move the vehicle ever so slightly is a powerful feature (with ignition disabled).

This would be a great aftermarket opportunity to use one of those "Aux" switches. Tie in some kind of relay allowing the starter to crank without hitting the start button, but instead the Aux switch.
Guess you could just start practicing fast-tapping the starter button instead...

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely makes me want the manual more and more now. Using the starter in gear was a lifesaver in so many white knuckle moments when I used to go crawling in my old Toyota trucks back in the day. With the crawler gears in the Toy after it would stall you could take a breath, then bump the key and give it a little gas and off you'd go again. Way less stress!

Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I had my 95 bronco, it had a swapped in ZF 5 with no clutch safety switch. It had a bad habit of reaching in to start it when I’d be wrenching on it and about sent it through my garage wall!

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True, coming from Europe, drove there 20 years since I was 16, there are many tricks to learn on a manual...
Like start with no battery, shifting with a dead clutch, of course control speed descending or approaching curve/traffic, use gear as a parking break. Reasons for me to stick with a manual and teach my kids!
Hopefully some of these work on other continents too.

Chupacabra55

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would this allow you to actually start the engine if you were rolling forward? I'm frustrated that you're not allowed to roll-start the Bronco with a manual, but I'm wondering if this could be a work-around if the battery were too low to start the engine but not completely dead.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Would this allow you to actually start the engine if you were rolling forward? I'm frustrated that you're not allowed to roll-start the Bronco with a manual, but I'm wondering if this could be a work-around if the battery were too low to start the engine but not completely dead.
You do understand that you are having a discussion with the dead don't you???

I don't know maybe some of these people are still on here but...look at the dates they posted.

you have been "cruizing the grave yard" "talking with the dead" or "conversing with zombies"...

Now in Nov. 2020 most people did not have their Bronco.... Now we have the Bronco Rodeo that teaches you how to use all these things.

EDIT: Just realized... seems appropriate given your handle....

Chupacabra55

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry, I'm new here.

I'll search for this "Bronco rodeo" you mentioned unless you can provide a link.
Sponsored