Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have a manual 2 door badlands with the upgraded wheels on the way.

Just ordered 35x12.5R17 Toyo ATIII's, and the 1" Rough Country level kit.

I'll also be putting 1/4inch wheel spacers to bring the wheels out a bit.

I think it should work..... What do you guys think?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the wheels spacers aren’t needed. Not into that “look”. Should be fine otherwise.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you keeping the stock wheels? Then you might need the spacers to clear the bigger tires

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you keeping the stock wheels? Then you might need the spacers to clear the bigger tires
Yea, stock wheels. They are the Beadlock upgrade wheels. I love the look but need more offset, therefore the spacers.

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh man! That is gonna look sweet! That’s my ideal build. Please post pics.

Sponsored

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to hear your opinion on the power difference, if it's even noticeable. Also, a before/after MPG comparison would be interesting as well.

..and pictures. Lots of pictures. :)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My main concern was the 315s clearing the Upper Control Arm with the stock +55 offset BL wheels, but it sounds like you’ve got that covered.

It’s worth noting that Sas is slightly taller than BL, so it won’t be identical, and you may experience rubbing at certain points (aside from extra height, Sas has decreased travel to accommodate 35s)…

…but that’s all stuff that doesn’t come into play except for the extreme use cases.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to hear your opinion on the power difference, if it's even noticeable. Also, a before/after MPG comparison would be interesting as well.

..and pictures. Lots of pictures. :)
Oh there will be pictures! I just need my Bronco first! I'll be posting lots of pics on my instagram when I get it.

My main concern was the 315s clearing the Upper Control Arm with the stock +55 offset BL wheels, but it sounds like you’ve got that covered.

It’s worth noting that Sas is slightly taller than BL, so it won’t be identical, and you may experience rubbing at certain points (aside from extra height, Sas has decreased travel to accommodate 35s)…

…but that’s all stuff that doesn’t come into play except for the extreme use cases.
I think SAS is .6" higher than Badlands. My 1" lift will actually bring it .4" higher than a sasquatch. Hopping that will be enough.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh there will be pictures! I just need my Bronco first! I'll be posting lots of pics on my instagram when I get it.

I think SAS is .6" higher than Badlands. My 1" lift will actually bring it .4" higher than a sasquatch. Hopping that will be enough.
Ah! The lift. Yep. Missed that. Cool. Send it!

If you get a second, when you’re doing this can you just dry fit the 315s on +55 without the spacer?

There is a post on the forum sharing a FB post of someone who said they did just that without interference with the UCA. They insisted they were 315s on +55, even though our calculations here wouldn’t allow for it…. And I’m just thirsty for more data from a reliable source.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah! The lift. Yep. Missed that. Cool. Send it!

If you get a second, when you’re doing this can you just dry fit the 315s on +55 without the spacer?

There is a post on the forum sharing a FB post of someone who said they did just that without interference with the UCA. They insisted they were 315s on +55, even though our calculations here wouldn’t allow for it…. And I’m just thirsty for more data from a reliable source.
I work at my dealership so I can definitely do that. I'll take pics for sure and post them here.

Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting post. This should definitely work. I didn't realize there was a level lift for the Bilsteins.

I was hoping/waiting for 2"level lift, but it seems like that's gonna require a lot more parts to adjust the geometry. Is that the consensus, or should I wait?

If this 1" front is all we are gonna get, I may follow your lead. I have zero offset wheels ordered, but delayed. I've been holding off on tires until someone else stuffed 35s under a non-sas Badlands.

But this 1" level lift plan is an answer. When are you expecting your rig? I'm currently an 8/9 build week.

I now can spend the rest of my day picking out tires. Work hates me.

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was under the impression that a level lift would cause issues with the Bilsteins. It will be nice to have a year or so under our belt so we have a ton of real world data.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. I think you will need a 1" wheel spacer which will put the optional BL wheel offset about the same offset as the Squatch wheels. You may be able to get away with less but I don't think 1/4" will be near enough.

The more I read, the more I am leery of a spacer lift on a BL or Squatch. 4wp recommended against it so I would be cautions and not go bigger than 1". If somebody makes a 1/2" I would consider starting there.

Last edited:

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I think you will need a 1" wheel spacer which will put the optional BL wheel offset about the same offset as the Squatch wheels. You may be able to get away with less but I don't think 1/4" will be near enough.

The more I read the more I am leery of a spacer lift on a BL or Squatch. 4wp recommended against it so I would be cautions and not go bigger than 1". If somebody makes a 1/2" I would consider starting there.
That rough country 1" level lift that says it is ok for badlands has spacers for the top and bottom. The top have two spacers on each side, so you might be able to add just one and get somewhere between 1/2" and 1".

And I also agree you need 1" wheel spacer if you have +55mm offset wheels. The Sas wheels are 30 offset. 55-30=25mm and that converts to 0.984". So an inch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting post. This should definitely work. I didn't realize there was a level lift for the Bilsteins.

I was hoping/waiting for 2"level lift, but it seems like that's gonna require a lot more parts to adjust the geometry. Is that the consensus, or should I wait?

If this 1" front is all we are gonna get, I may follow your lead. I have zero offset wheels ordered, but delayed. I've been holding off on tires until someone else stuffed 35s under a non-sas Badlands.

But this 1" level lift plan is an answer. When are you expecting your rig? I'm currently an 8/9 build week.

I now can spend the rest of my day picking out tires. Work hates me.
Mine was built on 7/13..... but it's a two door and I feel like it's being held back for the MIC top.
Sponsored