First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like the more I see, the more capable the Bronco seems. This thing looks awesome in the desert. I would say it’s a “jack of all trades” but it seems like a master of all trades.

From my understanding, the "warthog", would more or less dominate in the stock class of KOH/ultra4. Not all events run them. The regular bronco with the squatch package is a jack of all trades for sure...BUT.... The "warthog"....
More ground clearance, more tire, more suspension travel, more power. Its going to be the "master".
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
From my understanding, the "warthog", would more or less dominate in the stock class of KOH/ultra4. Not all events run them. The regular bronco with the squatch package is a jack of all trades for sure...BUT.... The "warthog"....
More ground clearance, more tire, more suspension travel, more power. Its going to be the "master".
True! I can’t wait to see the off road space in 10 years. It is going to be absolutely nuts. Nobody really cares about sports cars anymore IMO, but off roading is only going to get bigger. I’m sure Toyota has a way more capable 4Runner up their sleeve, will be curious to see that as well.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My profile picture is my rubicon articulating 100% stock. IFS just doesn't work as well when crawling. That's ok for most people who will never crawl their bronco, but I rock crawled my wrangler within a month of buying it new. It's why I bought it -- to be able to run over stuff that most cars can't and most drivers will not attempt. I think broken tie rods and CV joints will be the biggest problem for crawling broncos. It looks plenty capable for an IFS SUV.
When we got a sneak preview in June 2019 of the Bronco, they said "The Bronco will dominate the Wrangler 5 mph and above and it will complete well under 5 mph"

I'm good with that.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My profile picture is my rubicon articulating 100% stock. IFS just doesn't work as well when crawling. That's ok for most people who will never crawl their bronco, but I rock crawled my wrangler within a month of buying it new. It's why I bought it -- to be able to run over stuff that most cars can't and most drivers will not attempt. I think broken tie rods and CV joints will be the biggest problem for crawling broncos. It looks plenty capable for an IFS SUV.
I think they did their homework on this one. They learned a lot since jumping whole hog in IFS in the 90's. I know my 97 f150 has been abused a lot. The only real issue it had in the front was plowing snow with a 30mm offset wheel tends to wear out ball joints. Cv's were original at around 120k miles before they needed replacement. If you look at the chassis pictures, the cv shafts are beefy, so are the plunge cups. The tie rods do look a little small. But I'm sure there will be after market upgrades for that. Still look more robust than the GM pickups lol

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True! I can’t wait to see the off road space in 10 years. It is going to be absolutely nuts. Nobody really cares about sports cars anymore IMO, but off roading is only going to get bigger. I’m sure Toyota has a way more capable 4Runner up their sleeve, will be curious to see that as well.
The off road space, people getting more in touch with nature is gaining ground again. Much like it did years ago. Young people everywhere are realizing the big city movement of the 80's is not nearly as awe inspiring as getting to the great outdoors. Whether its hiking, biking, or off roading. Its always been a part of my life, and I feel like it's more satisfying than going to some crowded city where you can't breathe, just to see tall buildings lol. With fords development of the raptor and now the bronco's, will only make it more prominent. Jeep was the dominator of the segment for soooo long. Now ford is opening the door to more people. How many are going to buy it for the looks, and decide to test its capabilities for fun, then realize how much fun it is just to go two-tracking out in the woods. In michigan, the DNR is working on opening up more trails for people to do just that. 2020 may have sucked for the most part, but there has been good things too. I think once life gets back to some sense of "normal", events like sema are going to have a lot more for the off road and EV segments. Let's be honest, a hybrid electric off roader like the jeep 4xe and future bronco hybrid. Will be amazing for the younger crowd to get out there. Takes the idea of "tread lightly" to a whole new level. I know I rambled a bit, but I'm excited lol

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody really cares about sports cars anymore IMO
Because the sports car pool dried up. The Mustang hasn't been interesting in a long time. Camaro.. pff even worse. Here in Atlanta, you can't go 10 feet without seeing a dozen Challengers or Chargers. A Hellcat isn't anywhere near a rare sight. I guarantee you I can go find one outside of a fast food joint right now. Civic Type-R and Supra? Hotwheels cars. My STI is boy racer also but at least it started the trend back in '04. 370Z is ancient, new Corvette is cool and best bang for buck you can get but now feels too pretentious. Mostly every thing left is luxury sports cars, Audi, BMW, Mercedes. Also known as, too damn expensive to justify piss poor reliability and maintenance.

You basically have to buy older cars and make them cool these days for anyone to bother paying attention at a car show. We no longer have the grassroots muscle/sports cars. Everything is too expensive and techy.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because the sports car pool dried up. The Mustang hasn't been interesting in a long time. Camaro.. pff even worse. Here in Atlanta, you can't go 10 feet without seeing a dozen Challengers or Chargers. A Hellcat isn't anywhere near a rare sight. I guarantee you I can go find one outside of a fast food joint right now. Civic Type-R and Supra? Hotwheels cars. My STI is boy racer also but at least it started the trend back in '04. 370Z is ancient, new Corvette is cool and best bang for buck you can get but now feels too pretentious. Mostly every thing left is luxury sports cars, Audi, BMW, Mercedes. Also known as, too damn expensive to justify piss poor reliability and maintenance.

You basically have to buy older cars and make them cool these days for anyone to bother paying attention at a car show. We no longer have the grassroots muscle/sports cars. Everything is too expensive and techy.
Yup. I live in Scottsdale and I see Mclarens and Ferraris all the time. All I think when I see one is “Wow that guy is driving like a dick.” Lol. A nice Jeep or truck is way more head turning nowadays.... see what turns more heads, your GT-350 mustang or a well built JL Wrangler on 40’s. I’d bet on the JL every day of the week. (And I’d put even more money on the Bronco LOL)
Sponsored