First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can drove and love a manual tranny but I keep hearing from friends to go with the auto, resale value being the main pro woth the auto. But worth the extra $ to get the auto to improve resale ? I’m no experienced off road er but will certainly go with my bronco...
Give me your thoughts, input plz
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can drove and love a manual tranny but I keep hearing from friends to go with the auto, resale value being the main pro woth the auto. But worth the extra $ to get the auto to improve resale ? I’m no experienced off road er but will certainly go with my bronco...
Give me your thoughts, input plz
Drive **

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't get the resale argument. People say it but I don't believe it. I look for a manual Cummins and the very few I find are asking a higher price than a similar auto. Supply and demand with a very small supply.

NorthernBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335xi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me, I'm not going to be the only one that drives the vehicle. I don't mind sharing. The wife, friends, family. I want everyone to be able to drive it. Therefore it's going to be auto. I'll be driving it nearly every day as well, so since im lazy and would rather not row gears every day (did it for years) i just want to get in it and drive. That's me personally though

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't get the resale argument. People say it but I don't believe it. I look for a manual Cummins and the very few I find are asking a higher price than a similar auto. Supply and demand with a very small supply.
This... People looking for manuals usually end up paying a premium due to that fact they've becomes so rare.

Real question for the OP is if it will be your daily, how do you feel about working a manual in bumper to bumper traffic? For some it's a real pain, for others like me it gives me something to do as I crawl across the highway ?

TyRy07

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 silverado rcsb
Your Bronco Model
Base
While the resale value thing may be true, you’ll be the one driving it for who knows how long. For me what I enjoy driving is more important than resale value. Vehicles all depreciate and are therefor not a great investment in the first place. Just get what you want and enjoy it, screw resale value! ?

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This... People looking for manuals usually end up paying a premium due to that fact they've becomes so rare.

Real question for the OP is if it will be your daily, how do you feel about working a manual in bumper to bumper traffic? For some it's a real pain, for others like me it gives me something to do as I crawl across the highway ?
I have a 15 min commute down a non highway road... I’m great in traffic, on hills etc as it is. Have driven stick for the last 16 years.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base

Real question is if it's will be your daily, how do you feel about working a manual in bumper to bumper traffic? For some it's a real pain, for others like me it gives me something to do as I crawl across the highway ?
I live in a small town in northern AZ. In 2 weeks I'm moving to a much smaller town in Montana. I have zero concerns about traffic.
When I was in college in Phoenix, I had a stick and it wasn't a big deal to me. Driving a 3rd pedal becomes second nature and you don't think about it. With the "crawl" gear you probably won't need to use gas if things are moving slow enough. Just clutch on and off.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. I've been looking for a used manual Tacoma. Impossible to find one with out a ton of miles and even then still asking a higher price than an auto.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not a manual guy, but I see you're in Phoenix which has similar, if not worse heat than Texas. You can only get remote start on the auto apparently. For me it's worth it to get in a vehicle thats not gonna melt my face off.

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in a small town in northern AZ. In 2 weeks I'm moving to a much smaller town in Montana. I have zero concerns about traffic.
When I was in college in Phoenix, I had a stick and it wasn't a big deal to me. Driving a 3rd pedal becomes second nature and you don't think about it. With the "crawl" gear you probably won't need to use gas if things are moving slow enough. Just clutch on and off.
I’m in Tempe now man. Good stuff. Bought my house last year.

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not a manual guy, but I see you're in Phoenix which has similar, if not worse heat than Texas. You can only get remote start on the auto apparently. For me it's worth it to get in a vehicle thats not gonna melt my face off.
I haven’t had remote for two years... the heat is bad but not horrible once you get moving

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has that been confirmed though? Remote start could work if it checks to make sure it's in neutral first.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has that been confirmed though? Remote start could work if it checks to make sure it's in neutral first.
Ford Bronco Manual or Automatic Bronco? Give me your input 1595019536154

It's under the big bend section on this pdf which seems to be pretty accurate. I mean I'm sure if you got a manual and want remote start bad enough you could add it aftermarket. But then you're mostly likely gonna be stuck with another ugly little remote for it.
Sponsored