Sponsored

Manual Sasquatch or Auto Sasquatch?

Who's going with the 2.3 Manual Sasquatch? Whos going with the Automatic Sasquatch

• Total voters

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I HATE HATE HATE slushbox autos. I love and daily drive manuals.

But I want the bigger motor more than I want the manual. I don't want anything to do with that 4 banger in a Bronco. As an FE res holder I don't get a choice anyway though.

Had the 2.7 been allowed with a manual, I would likely have gone for whatever trim I could get that with.

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I planned on 2.7 auto, but bought a new truck since the preorder. Haven't cancelled the preorder- waiting on B&P. Might downgrade it to base 2dr toy, or make it something for my wife. I have a lot of hip and lower back issues, can't daily a manual, but would be a fun toy.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Idk... if there was a way to get the 35ā€™s without squatching but adding a dealer added lift kit Iā€™d go that route. Now I gotta start planning again.
Badlands trim gets you there. Minus the 35's but the lift is there.
Iā€™m not an off-reader AT ALL. Iā€™m still thinking 33ā€ tires is a better choice for me. And I still wish there was a Sasquatch Light package where you get the suspension goodies without the tires and rims. I voted for 2.7L Sasquatch, as that is what I had myself considering prior to todayā€˜s announcement. More than likely though, I end up with 2.7L and no Sasquatch.
You, my friend, want a non-squatched Badlands.

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cylinder counters crack me up. This "little 2.3" makes more power and torque then a lot of V8s did. Ford detuned this for the Bronco so users can fill up with 87 octane. Install the 93 Octane tune and this little 4 Cylinder makes 325hp and 375tq. Since when is that not enough to spin 35s???
It's not the output but the stress this engine will take on and it constantly being in boost is what worries me, I have a strong gut feeling that down the road there will be far more issues with this engine.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm surprised to see the low number of 2.3 AT Squatches. I'm toying with idea of the manual, maybe I can relive my youth. But I have not been disappointed with any automatic I've had since the '80's. I usually by the base engine in whatever I get, and haven't been disappointed with power in anything built in this century (my '05 Rubicon is marginal) so I think the 2.3 will be good with me.

Full disclosure: I was actually hoping for a NA V-6 when this all started, for simplicity, but Ford is all in on Ecoboost, so I guess I am too.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not the output but the stress this engine will take on and it constantly being in boost is what worries me, I have a strong gut feeling that down the road there will be far more issues with this engine.
This little guy is used in a number of applications including the Ranger (where it tows a good amount) and in the Mustang (where it does a good job of hauling ass).

Why do you think it won't be able to handle the Bronco? The weight of the truck?

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree.

98% sure i will get a 2.7 with the AT no matter which model i choose for this reason

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats what the 4.7 gears are for. With the right gearing a 1.5 engine can turn 35s. Your not going to be in the Boost all the time. Thats silly.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do wonder, how many that are gonna go with the 2.3 to get the manual would instead get a 2.7 if it was available with the manual?
I'd 100% be in.

Really, if it weren't for the daughter hounding me about wanting a manual to learn on, I think I'd be 2.7 with the forced auto, but who knows, the wife prefers manuals also.....

Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This little guy is used in a number of applications including the Ranger (where it tows a good amount) and in the Mustang (where it does a good job of hauling ass).

Why do you think it won't be able to handle the Bronco? The weight of the truck?
weight / steep gear ratio / 35" or possibly even bigger tires.. just my 2 cents

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy to learn that Ford is ā€œlisteningā€.
(Unless this was part of their ā€œyou canā€™t have thisā€ evil genius marketing plan, which makes us want it more ?)

Iā€™m stoked for those that are celebrating this option. Anyway, from my perspective all this fuss over the MT is meaningless without the 2.7L. Transmission options are second fiddle to more power IMPO.

Positive vibes to all. Cheers! ?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

weight / steep gear ratio / 35" or possibly even bigger tires.. just my 2 cents
Yeah, but with the manual you have control over the engine. Need a little torque...downshift. Think the engine is running too fast, upshift. Worried about the boost, make a gear decision there.

It appears to me that people have forgotten the level of control you have with a vehicle when you are in charge of gearing decisions.

Even on my daily commute, I get frustrated because my automatic doesn't do what it "should". It doesn't understand anything that I want it to do. Granted, I have eyes and the transmission doesn't, which is precisely why I want to have control over it.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hot damn. With all these people opting for the mansquatch my bronco wait time just decreased by about... 30 minutes. :cool:

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, but with the manual you have control over the engine. Need a little torque...downshift. Think the engine is running too fast, upshift. Worried about the boost, make a gear decision there.

It appears to me that people have forgotten the level of control you have with a vehicle when you are in charge of gearing decisions.

Even on my daily commute, I get frustrated because my automatic doesn't do what it "should". It doesn't understand anything that I want it to do. Granted, I have eyes and the transmission doesn't, which is precisely why I want to have control over it.
Amen! One of my favorite cars was an RX8 I drove for 11 years rowing 6 gears with a silly grin on my face. The Bronco isn't going to rev to 9 grand or hug corners like it's on a rail, but being able to pick your own gears gives you so much more control and, for me, is so much more fun to drive.
Sponsored