Sponsored

Manual Sasquatch or Auto Sasquatch?

Who's going with the 2.3 Manual Sasquatch? Whos going with the Automatic Sasquatch

• Total voters

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cylinder counters crack me up. This "little 2.3" makes more power and torque then a lot of V8s did. Ford detuned this for the Bronco so users can fill up with 87 octane. Install the 93 Octane tune and this little 4 Cylinder makes 325hp and 375tq. Since when is that not enough to spin 35s???
That is enough power...I just don't know if I want to rely on a tune that's not yet available to move the truck. The stock 2.3 has similar power numbers to my FJ...and the FJ is under-powered with big tires on the highway, even with appropriate gearing. I don't want to be in that boat again.
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm more curious about Mike's use of the 'Mansquatch' term. Is it not Bronco6G that uses that term throughout? Implying that Ford does read this forum, no?

Oh, and I'm not getting the Sasquatch package. Just doesn't seem 'right' on the 2-door BL trim.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm more curious about Mike's use of the 'Mansquatch' term. Is it not Bronco6G that uses that term throughout? Implying that Ford does read this forum, no?
I'm pretty sure that term is used all over...definitely on Twitter. That said, I am sure Ford reps do read the forum, as it's the biggest one out there.

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m not an off-reader AT ALL. Iā€™m still thinking 33ā€ tires is a better choice for me. And I still wish there was a Sasquatch Light package where you get the suspension goodies without the tires and rims. I voted for 2.7L Sasquatch, as that is what I had myself considering prior to todayā€˜s announcement. More than likely though, I end up with 2.7L and no Sasquatch.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cylinder counters crack me up. This "little 2.3" makes more power and torque then a lot of V8s did. Ford detuned this for the Bronco so users can fill up with 87 octane. Install the 93 Octane tune and this little 4 Cylinder makes 325hp and 375tq. Since when is that not enough to spin 35s???
I know the 2.3 is powerful enough, even without the tune. I still think it will be in boost, a lot.
I think my 2 door 2.7 is going to be a little rocket for a 4X4.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going with the 2.7L... so my decision is already made for me.

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would it help your irrationality if they called it a 351W V8? Seriously, more HP than when the 351W was in the Ford Lightning and nearly as much TQ which a tune would overcome.

I think the 2.7 on a 2-door is gonna surprise the hell out of a lot of people and create some pucker factor even while turning 35s.
1st, I don't care what the ratings of these engines are compared to older engines. That's irrelevant imo.
2nd, I don't think it's irrational to have questions about a little 4 cylinder with larger tires. Short term, maybe it'll be alright but long term?
3rd, I'm getting a 4dr because I have a wife and 3 kids. Loading up with a full family's worth of gear in a 4dr on 35's (and eventually 37's) will start to push either of these engines (especially when you're talking that initial moment of inertia to get things rolling) and I'd feel more comfortable having the larger, more powerful engine option.
Your plans, wants and needs are not the same as everyone else's.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1st, I don't care what the ratings of these engines are compared to older engines. That's irrelevant imo.
2nd, I don't think it's irrational to have questions about a little 4 cylinder with larger tires. Short term, maybe it'll be alright but long term?
3rd, I'm getting a 4dr because I have a wife and 3 kids. Loading up with a full family's worth of gear in a 4dr on 35's (and eventually 37's) will start to push either of these engines (especially when you're talking that initial moment of inertia to get things rolling) and I'd feel more comfortable having the larger, more powerful engine option.
Your plans, wants and needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Don't worry, I called Physics and she said you'll be fine.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I want the mansquatch but I've gotten used to driving my AT pretty quickly and my husband wants the 2.7L, "go big or go home" he said. So torn!

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that it wouldn't have enough power but I feel that long-term reliability would be better with the larger and more powerful engine. I also feel that the 6cyl will hold it's value better. And from what I understand, the 2.7 is built more robustly than the 2.3, I like the idea of a more robustly designed and built engine for long-term reliability.

I seriously don't understand the bashing of folks that'd prefer a larger engine instead if the smaller one.

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the 2.7 on a 2-door is gonna surprise the hell out of a lot of people and create some pucker factor even while turning 35s.
That is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I have been driving my Wrangler very little lately and borrowing an F-150 with the 3.5L in it and it is fantastic. If the 2.7L in a two door drives anything like that, I will be extremely happy.

The offering of the manual with Sasquatch does make me consider it though. I probably won't be able to decide until order time comes. I am leaning towards the 2.7. at the moment, but may not Sasquatch at all. Really depends on final pricing because Sasquatch is my last priority on my Badlands build.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's get really crazy. How about the 2.7 mansquatch for option 7? ?

I do wonder, how many that are gonna go with the 2.3 to get the manual would instead get a 2.7 if it was available with the manual?
Honestly, Iā€™m choosing the 2.3 because I want the manual. That said, if the option arose for a 2.7 and manual Iā€™d be all over that!!

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm hoping to get the mansquatch and get it delivered before November of 2021. I would like them to give estimated production times if we can option the mansquatch at the launch of B&P. I don't at this time next year to keep pushing my lease back, if it's hopeful to think some time 4th quarter of 2021 they'll be hitting dealer lots.

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to do a manual Badlands SelfSquatch as I'm calling it now. Not waiting an extra 6 months.

krawl on

Badlands
First Name
PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, Ford got it half right, shift on the 'squatch but, no 2.7L.
Sponsored