Sponsored

Manual Sasquatch owners…Satisfied with the choice?

• Thread starter Deleted member 32220
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6

Deleted member 32220

Mansquatch owners, the few and far between…Are you satisfied with the driving characteristics, overall driving impressions, gearing w/ 7mt ratios. Is 6th gear usable at say 60-65 or is it a 70 mph plus gear? Real world mpg? I think I just found my way in to a mid/ manual/ Sasquatch by way of the heritage standard for 46k
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco is a Badlands manual self Squatch with OEM Sas shocks and I’m amazed at how good it is on the highway with 35“ Nittos. 80mph. I drop into 5th for highway passing. 6th is kind of weak. I’m getting 19mpg. I have done multiple small road trips, NY to Boston. NY to Philly, NY to Poconos, etc. and it’s surprisingly awesome On the road. The hard top is noisier than the tires.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a standard non-Sasquatch Badlands owner here with 35” tires. For all intents and purposes it is a Sasquatch manual transmission, just without the dumb pricing (luckily not something you need to worry about with Heritage.)

For general everyday driving I’m averaging 17.1 MPG according to the Bronco itself. My own calculation using fuel receipts is 17.8 MPG. Interstate driving I’m just shy of 21 MPG.

6th gear is usable at ~65 MPH, but it is definitely a cruising gear. If you need to accelerate to pass a vehicle, or if you hit a hill while driving on the interstate, the truck is much more comfortable and responsive in 5th gear. Basically 6th gear is the “I’m driving a consistent 65mph on flat ground” gear.

Once you hit 75+ mph, 6th gear makes a lot more sense—but your fuel economy seems to take a pretty significantly hit. Takes a lot of energy to move a brick with wheels through the air I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a standard non-Sasquatch Badlands owner here with 35” tires. For all intents and purposes it is a Sasquatch manual transmission, just without the dumb pricing (luckily not something you need to worry about with Heritage.)
Since it is a non-squatch, does it have the 4.7 rear?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^ Non-squatch w/ 7MT gets you the 4.70 gearing

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since it is a non-squatch, does it have the 4.7 rear?
Badlands has a 4.70 locking diff as the standard configuration.

On every other trim the manual transmission comes with 4.46. Base/Big Bend comes with 4.46 open diff. Black Diamond comes with a 4.46 locking diff.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
2DR BD Manual Squatch here, my comment is pretty much like the others. Only been driving it 2 weeks and have done almost entirely around, just one highway trip. Gear ratios are perfectly fine. I've rarely gotten it into 6th except for a few times when level on the highway in which 19 mpg for that run seemed to be about it. Surprised to see it didn't eeek out a bit more. than the 19 rated.

My 2DR base non-squach auto trans easily gets its rated 22 highway and I can get 23 even close to 24 over long highway trips. The base is much lower with much less rubber on the road and certainly not as heavy.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the ManSquatch. Finally took her in the dirt and rocks this past weekend and the 7MT was great! I think 6th gear is fairly useless. Even at 80+ mph I stay in 5th gear. ~15.5 mpg because I drive like an asshole.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2dr BL sas/7mt...Yup! Love it. 6th was rarely used, then I put 37s and now it's completely useless. I get 12.7 mpg on the computer! Dunno what I'm doing wrong, and haven't tried hand calc, so maybe my dash is just stupid? Not gonna worry about it now, just having fun!

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love it! Drives really well, has plenty of power, and can cruise just fine at 75.

ozzz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, totally driveable even at reasonable speeds. 17.1 mpg per bronco. guess i drive like an a**hole too.

BroncoSights

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base manual Sasquatch here yes It’s the best. I get about 15 around town (pretty heavy footed and 19 on the freeway). Two road trips and was awesome on both (went to Mexico and it’s electronically limited to 107mph haha)

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2dr BL sas/7mt...Yup! Love it. 6th was rarely used, then I put 37s and now it's completely useless. I get 12.7 mpg on the computer! Dunno what I'm doing wrong, and haven't tried hand calc, so maybe my dash is just stupid? Not gonna worry about it now, just having fun!
Did you program in the new tire size? Just spit balling, but if the speedo is off perhaps that's contributing to the wacked out MPG reading?
Sponsored