Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Discovery 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have ordered a 2dr Bronco Badlands. I am concern about the potential lack of comfort from the 6 way manual seats. I have not owned a vehicle with manual seats in over 30 years. Does Ford offer the Bronco manual seats or seats that are very similar in any other Ford products? I thought I read someplace, but don't remember where, that the driver seat will include "lumbar support" adjustment. However, I have not found anything official from Ford confirming that.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Mustang can be had with manual seats. Different seating position, but 6-way adjustable.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think youre reading too much into this...the manual seats in my 2014 FJ are super comfortable, the powered seats in my 2020 Ram - not so much. So power/no power really has no bearing.

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The powered seats have some lumbar stuff which you might like. If that isn't important, the only benefit of powered seats is being able to save your settings and have the car switch to them for you. (and I'm not sure the Bronco does that to tell the truth)

But since I'm the only one that will be driving this and I'm old, I figure two weeks after purchase I'll forget whether the seats are powered or not...

The only time my electric seats move is after the dealership changes the oil. Not concerned at all with manual seats.
Yeah, what that guy said.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The manual seats having lumbar support was confirmed in a live Q&A video Bronco Nation did a while back. It was a concern of mine too.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure how this would affect how comfortable the seats are. I’m confused.

OP
OP
jimeb

jimeb

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Discovery 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for confirming lumbar support, that was my biggest concern.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They apparently move up and down vertically too, which will be a first for me in a manual seat.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure how this would affect how comfortable the seats are. I’m confused.
I guess if you have back issues, having the seat move itself versus you using your own muscles can make the difference. Idk.. guessing

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the manual seats in my Ranger XL/STX. The wife, and I agree that they are some of the most comfortable seats we've ever had in a vehicle. They are designed to move in small increments front/ back, and up/ down. And of course the seat back is adjustable also. The drivers seat also has the big 'ol knob to adjust the lumbar. I'm gonna guess that all Broncos, except maybe the base will have that lumbar control. If you have a chance stop by your dealer, and check 'em out. They may fit your needs just fine.

Last edited:

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They apparently move up and down vertically too, which will be a first for me in a manual seat.
The seats in my Jeep are height-adjustable, and that's one of the best features on the vehicle.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 2020 STI has manual seats. My 2015 Wrangler has manual seats. The wrangler manual seats use a jacking mechanism to raise and lower the seats. I also have manual windows and side mirrors. It makes the doors very easy to handle when taking them off and putting them on compared to power windows and mirrors.

OP
OP
jimeb

jimeb

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Discovery 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the manual seats in my Ranger XL/STX. The wife, and I agree that they are some of the most comfortable seats we've ever had in a vehicle. They are designed to move in small increments front/ back, and up/ down. And of course the seat back is adjustable also. The drivers seat also has the big 'ol knob to adjust the lumbar. I'm gonna guess that all Broncos, except maybe the base will have that lumbar control. If you have a chance stop by your dealer, and check 'em out. They may fit you needs just fine.
Great idea, thanks for sharing. I will visit my local Ford dealer and check out the Ranger's manual seats.
Sponsored