First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine are the black ones. Neighbor’s are the silver ones. Both from AC Fab. Notice the difference on how the top connects to the swaybar.

IMG_1037.jpeg

IMG_1038.jpeg

IMG_5015.jpeg

IMG_5014.jpeg
Ah. Yeah. Mine are like yours. The black ones. I’d be curious to pick his brain on the differences. If one is better than the other or just parts available. I shot Oscar a message. I’ll report back.
Sponsored

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘13 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ah. Yeah. Mine are like yours. The black ones. I’d be curious to pick his brain on the differences. If one is better than the other or just parts available.
Well, mine (ours) have to be adjusted. If you over tightened the top 3/4” bolts, the disconnect bar won’t move freely. His seems to be self-adjusted all the time.

Anyway, I don’t know which version is newer or better either. If you’re able to pick his brain, please post! :)

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you’re able to pick his brain, please post! :)
From Oscar: The studded heim just has a bit more articulation and also less parts that can go bad. Replacement set is $45.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From Oscar: The studded heim just has a bit more articulation and also less parts that can go bad. Replacement set is $45.
Thank you! So the one we don’t have is the studded heim? If you’re an existing customer for $45 he’ll make these available? Mine make an S-ton of noise. Even with grease every week.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you! So the one we don’t have is the studded heim? If you’re an existing customer for $45 he’ll make these available? Mine make an S-ton of noise. Even with grease every week.
Yeah, I just ordered a set. I’ll report back.

Sponsored

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just left Oscar a message too. This clanking is killing me. When I disconnect the links to the sound goes away.

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any recommendations where I can get a standard adjustable (non disconnect) sway bar link?

Seems that bajakits is the only one brand offering this.. Any ideas? My stock sasquatch one has a torn boot and making noises, car is lifted about 3inches so I figured that its better going with an adjustable one to match the ride height.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, mine (ours) have to be adjusted. If you over tightened the top 3/4” bolts, the disconnect bar won’t move freely. His seems to be self-adjusted all the time.

Anyway, I don’t know which version is newer or better either. If you’re able to pick his brain, please post! :)
I just fully removed and reinstalled mine. I noticed each link has L etched into one of the ends. I assume this means Lower end ??? I also noticed that the lower end himes move freely, even with just your fingers. But the other end, on both units, does not move freely and a jimmy or screw driver shaft allows you to move the non L end himes. Going on a test drive now hoping the clanking has abated.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it even necessary to disconnect both ends of the sway bars? I simply disconnect one side on my Jeep, Excursion, and RZR. Works fine. Maybe the end of the sway bar will hit the control arm at full articulation?

jayhawkerr

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 XC90; '14 Tundra; '71 Chevelle; '37 Tudor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The connected side will have the same limited travel that it had with both sides connected. It basically acts like a single limiting strap connected to the an arm if you disconnect only one side on the connected side.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The connected side will have the same limited travel that it had with both sides connected. It basically acts like a single limiting strap connected to the an arm if you disconnect only one side on the connected side.
Thats not how a sway bar works. It connects the right side to the left making resistance from articulation in opposite directions. The sway bar acts like a torsion bar from aide to side. Unless the Bronco is different somehow.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it even necessary to disconnect both ends of the sway bars? I simply disconnect one side on my Jeep, Excursion, and RZR. Works fine. Maybe the end of the sway bar will hit the control arm at full articulation?
No. The lower part has a lynch pin. Pull that and link comes free from the bottom and remains bolted to swaybar.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The upgraded heim joints look NICE. Sucks to have spent another $50 - but, looks to be a significant improvement. I probably won't get a chance to install until after winter - considering I just coated my undercarriage with Fluid Film - they should stay nice and lubed for a few months.

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The upgraded heim joints look NICE. Sucks to have spent another $50 - but, looks to be a significant improvement. I probably won't get a chance to install until after winter - considering I just coated my undercarriage with Fluid Film - they should stay nice and lubed for a few months.
I cannot seem to order these. Would love help. ;-)

CrystalRedTintCoat

Wildtrak
First Name
BertJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh, I bought the fluid film per your recommendation . Took off my links and fully lubricated all four himes. I noticed one end of both links was tighter and the other end was looser. In the tighter end is the letter L etched into the link-end metal.
Sponsored