First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They all have sway bars. Badlands has the fancy one that doesn’t need this. You might be thinking about the rear sway bar. That’s new for 2022 Sasquatch.
Ooooooh. This is for the front. Duh.

With the independent fronts - is the main benefit from this articulation? I’ve zero experience upgrading front sway bars. Would one just disconnect for any rocky trail experience or based on need?

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone flipped these bolts around so that the head is subject to getting smashed instead of the nut/threads?

Ford Bronco Manual Sway bar disconnects 150E90CA-F0FC-4F63-B3B5-231897A044D7

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How difficult are these to reattach? Maybe I should have went with the basesquanch.
No ragrets. I don’t think you can go wrong with either. Base Sasquatch is basically as capable as badlands at a good value price, but there are some things lacking. I couldn’t justify the $8-9k price increase from base to badlands, but you do get more luxury with the badlands: mgv, washout, ease of disconnect, tint, leather wrapped steering, leather wrapped shifter, vanity mirror light, rails, skids, ability to buy packages with cameras and such, goat modes, …

Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I removed my sway bar several weeks back. Yes there is more body roll on the road but it far more comfortable off road. I don't drive it like a sports car on the road so it hasn't been an issue for me. I'm sure it isn't as safe in an emergency lane change at highway speeds but I did just drive it down from my Lake Arrowhead home and really it handled just fine at 60 mph on mountain roads.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

is the main benefit from this articulation? I’ve zero experience upgrading front sway bars. Would one just disconnect for any rocky trail experience or based on need?
Yep all about articulation. I’m new, but read people typically disconnect at trail head and reconnect for drive home. One situation I could see lots of value in the badlands electronic disconnect is somewhere with open dunes or fields mixed in with your technical trails.

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone flipped these bolts around so that the head is subject to getting smashed instead of the nut/threads?

Ford Bronco Manual Sway bar disconnects 150E90CA-F0FC-4F63-B3B5-231897A044D7
Take a look at my attached pic in this thread, I flipped the shocks bolts using 10.9 grade 14m x 2 x 75mm bolts. Quite a bit of work for the gain but I would do it again.

As for the sway bar disco bolt, flipping it would have made disconnecting more difficult and not have provided any clearance/safety as the bolt does not hang below the lower CA

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Take a look at my attached pic in this thread, I flipped the shocks bolts using 10.9 grade 14m x 2 x 75mm bolts. Quite a bit of work for the gain but I would do it again.

As for the sway bar disco bolt, flipping it would have made disconnecting more difficult and not have provided any clearance/safety as the bolt does not hang below the lower CA
Is that a different size/type bolt than stock? Why the switch and not just a rotation using stock bolt?

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is that a different size/type bolt than stock? Why the switch and not just a rotation using stock bolt?
The stock “bolts”, at least in the case of Sasquatch Bilsteins, are not bolts at all but a press fit knurled stud. They measured 12mm by 90’ish long. These would not have grabbed the lower CA and allowed them to be torqued and likely would be long enough to cause concern with contacting the CV boot on the rearward bolt.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The stock “bolts”, at least in the case of Sasquatch Bilsteins, are not bolts at all but a press fit knurled stud. They measured 12mm by 90’ish long. These would not have grabbed the lower CA and allowed them to be torqued and likely would be long enough to cause concern with contacting the CV boot on the rearward bolt.
Well, thanks for the specs. I gotta take a closer look now.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question. Are the stock links shorter than the Sasquatch? Meaning…I’m about to swap in Badlands Sas Bilsteins. So, 1.1” taller. Are the components that are being removed to install these disconnects the same length across the board?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Confirmed - links are same part number across the board.

Oscar said he’s releasing an install video - but, I haven’t seen it yet.

It’s also pretty straight forward and you can watch other installs on Jeeps.

Peteduce

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone mentioned orings to cut down noise. How much noise does are we talking about? Like, reasonably noticeable on drives?
Sponsored