Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Super easy you’ll be fine.
So let me ask these questions since I am a beginner in the world of off road.

Can I manually disconnect my sway bar on my stock Big Bend as is? I'm guessing this product makes it easier?

Would I really gain anything for offroad by having a manually disconnecting sway bar setup, even though I do not have the rear locker on my Big Bend?

Thanks!

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can I manually disconnect my sway bar on my stock Big Bend as is? I'm guessing this product makes it easier?

Would I really gain anything for offroad by having a manually disconnecting sway bar setup, even though I do not have the rear locker on my Big Bend?

Thanks!
Yes you can manually disconnect any trim Bronco.

If you do a lot of off-roading than I would recommend one but If you don’t I wouldn’t worry about It. Without lockers you’ll just need to do everything a little faster. Just a rear locker helps a ton.

With Independent front suspension your almost always going to have at least one tire not making full contact on the ground even on small obstacles for a example like crossing over some ruts. So any help you can get to gain more flex to keep those tires on the ground making traction is going to benefit you. Another benefit is better ride comfort offroad because you don’t get tossed around as much because each front tire is now moving independently of each other and no resistance from that sway bar.

Drawbacks are they’re a pain in the butt to disconnect because you gotta lay on the ground to get to them. Need to be on perfect level surface to disconnect and reconnect. I normally just wait till I get back home to reconnect because it drives just fine without them.

Last edited:

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes you can manually disconnect any trim Bronco.

If you do a lot of off-roading than I would recommend one but If you don’t I wouldn’t worry about It. Without lockers you’ll just need to do everything a little faster. Just a rear locker helps a ton.

With Independent front suspension your almost always going to have at least one tire not making full contact on the ground even on small obstacles for a example like crossing over some ruts. So any help you can get to gain more flex to keep those tires on the ground making traction is going to benefit you. Another benefit is better ride comfort because you don’t get tossed around as much due to each front tire is now moving independently of each other not attached by that sway bar.

Drawbacks are they’re a pain in the butt to disconnect because you gotta lay on the ground to get to them. Need to be on perfect level surface to disconnect and reconnect. I normally just wait till I get back home to reconnect because it drives just fine without them.
Cool, thanks for the info!

Sponsored

BroncoForU

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I assume this will work with a leveled squach front? On my wish list/under the wife's radar.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford vulcanized the sway bar to the mounts so when disconnected the sway bar itself stays firmly in its resting position. When I say firmly I mean it is nearly fixed. First time I have seen a sway bar on a 4wd rig built this way (typically dealing with Jeeps).
I’m not sure started this rumor but they are definitely not vulcanized together it’s just a rubber isolator. Here are my stock OBX sway bar mounts.
Ford Bronco Manual Sway bar disconnects image

i swapped them out with the badlands version to run the extra skid plate.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not sure started this rumor but they are definitely not vulcanized together it’s just a rubber isolator. Here are my stock OBX sway bar mounts.
image.jpg

i swapped them out with the badlands version to run the extra skid plate.
Yeah, I’m not sure where that came from either. I’m curious if my sway bar is slightly off-center. I was rubbing a bit on full lock passenger and not driver.

Which extra skid plate? One for the tranny?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I’m not sure where that came from either. I’m curious if my sway bar is slightly off-center. I was rubbing a bit on full lock passenger and not driver.

Which extra skid plate? One for the tranny?
The badlands has a pretty beefy skid that protects the sway bar disconnect assy. I bought a used ford skid plate set and figured why not use it. It cost about $60 to swap the mounts over since. The badlands mount have longer tabs with nuts welded on them.

Last edited:

Signal Ahead

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Installed a set of these over the weekend. Quick and simple install with quality hardware and endlinks. ACFab even included o-rings to cut down on noise from the linch pins.

Ford Bronco Manual Sway bar disconnects image

Also picked up and installed a set of his rear shock skids. Oscar is a good dude and out there beating on his rig and running his own parts.
Clean and solid looking!

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The badlands has a pretty beefy skid that protects the sway bar disconnect assy. I bought a used fordnskid plate set and figured why not use it. It cost about $60 to swap the mounts over since. The badlands mount have longer tabs with nuts welded on them.
Post up some pics when you can.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ar1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone please help with my very rudimentary swaybar disconnect question:

Rather than removing one bolt from both (detachable) links why not just fully remove one of the stock links? Is there a risk of the bar contacting the control arm under flex? Is one of the attachment points too difficult to access with the wheel on?

Personally I'd feel better to have one link securely fastened and the bar controlled as opposed to two questionably secured links and the bar held only by the bushings.

Bikes&Broncs

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Thanks!
I have a 2021 BIG BEND and I put these on. I love them. It took a minute to figure out that I could disconnect at home instead of in the dirt before going on trail. It makes a much comfier ride off road and the Bronco can handle the streets and highways home so you can reconnect in your driveway or level surface. I mean I drove it the last month all over LA on road and high ways disconnected just to see what it was like and it was fine as long as I wasn't trying to take sharp turns in Sport Mode. Anyway... I've never had the e-disco. I'm sure its convenient. But this works just as well and Jeepers have been doing it for decades. Just remember to lubricate the links as needed. Send it!
Ford Bronco Manual Sway bar disconnects IMG_9324.JPG

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2021 BIG BEND and I put these on. I love them. It took a minute to figure out that I could disconnect at home instead of in the dirt before going on trail. It makes a much comfier ride off road and the Bronco can handle the streets and highways home so you can reconnect in your driveway or level surface. I mean I drove it the last month all over LA on road and high ways disconnected just to see what it was like and it was fine as long as I wasn't trying to take sharp turns in Sport Mode. Anyway... I've never had the e-disco. I'm sure its convenient. But this works just as well and Jeepers have been doing it for decades. Just remember to lubricate the links as needed. Send it!
Ford Bronco Manual Sway bar disconnects IMG_9324.JPG
Awesome! I really appreciate the insight!
Sponsored