Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One complaint I see on the internet is that everyone says they want a manual, but no one actually buys them. Looks like in the Bronco's case a healthy percentage of people are putting their money where their mouth is! Great to see, and also per the article the SAS take rate is over 50% which leads me to think that once ManSquatch is available the manual percent will be even higher!

https://fordauthority.com/2021/09/2021-ford-bronco-7-speed-manual-take-rate-is-about-25-percent/
Sponsored

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
They need to offer the manual with another engine as an option such as the 2.7. The take rate would be even higher.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Manual take rate would be even higher if Ford didn't gatekeep Mid + 7 Speed to Badlands trim only. I can't get mid with a manual BB or BD so auto it is.

We better hope they don't gatekeep ManSquatch to Badlands only as well.

OP
OP
MacMarauder

MacMarauder

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Manual take rate would be even higher if Ford didn't gatekeep Mid + 7 Speed to Badlands trim only. I can't get mid with a manual BB or BD so auto it is.

We better hope they don't gatekeep ManSquatch to Badlands only as well.
Yes I'm worried about this myself, I'm interested in a Base ManSquatch but I could see Ford restricting it to Badlands. I also don't understand why you can't get a manual in a Base 4 door.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to order a 2 door base with the V6 and 7 speed. Then all it needs is coilovers and 37's!

Sponsored

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has there ever been any real input from Ford on the 2.7 and manual?

I believe I read the 2.3 and 2.7 were different bellhousing patterns which would complicate that slightly

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One complaint I see on the internet is that everyone says they want a manual, but no one actually buys them. Looks like in the Bronco's case a healthy percentage of people are putting their money where their mouth is! Great to see, and also per the article the SAS take rate is over 50% which leads me to think that once ManSquatch is available the manual percent will be even higher!

https://fordauthority.com/2021/09/2021-ford-bronco-7-speed-manual-take-rate-is-about-25-percent/
Good to hear about the 25% take rate - save the manuals. :)

And I agree about the gatekeeping comments when it comes to manuals. I bought a manual economy car last year, and the manual was only available on the base version. Even worse, choosing the manual further cut down on the limited base colors. What does a manual vs auto trans have to do with paint color?!

It's as if some car makers are actively trying to make people not want manual transmissions, given all the restrictions and limits they place on other options.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I think Ford should have offered the new Getrag 7MT only on the 2.7 and made you pay up for the engine upgrade (Ford makes more money). Also should have made the packages available like the AT(Ford makes more money). The lack of package offerings without going all the way to Badlands makes a tough decision and compromise in some cases. With the upgraded engine and transmission combo you would have a better idea of who is really committed to the MT(reservation converted to an order) and therefore justify the continued offering of the MT.

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
this is number is high because the Big Bend, Black Diamond and Badlands default specs are with a manual - so, if you put in a reservation and never updated your order with the dealer, you are getting your favorite trim with a manual and no options - you can see all these show up on dealer lots now and not get picked up by the original person that reserved it.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As a weirdo who can say every new car i've ever purchased (plus quite a few used cars) has been a manual, i'm quite pleased with pairing the MT to the 2.3.

Have enjoyed the 2.3 in our Ranger for the past few years and feel the only significant issue with the vehicle is the horrific transmission. Full disclosure: It's the GF's vehicle and she purchased it and makes the payments. Yes, most people love the 10AT, but "most" people don't even know how to drive a manual transmission in the first place these days.

Bronco having the 2.3/MT was the primary reason for being interested in this vehicle. The rest is gravy.

Looks like there will be a disproportionate number of non-sasquatch delivered early next year, horay for the non-squatch order folks!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
this is number is high because the Big Bend, Black Diamond and Badlands default specs are with a manual - so, if you put in a reservation and never updated your order with the dealer, you are getting your favorite trim with a manual and no options - you can see all these show up on dealer lots now and not get picked up by the original person that reserved it.
That’s precisely how I got mine. I’m so glad I didn’t get “stuck” with an automatic transmission (because the other half needs to re-learn and the compromise was larger engine). I can honestly say I’d rather have standard package and manual than mid and auto. Once I test drove both - there was no going back.

That being said - I’m holding out on my reservation to see what’s available engine/trans wise for MY23.

I know it’s been widely shot down the prospect of a manual hybrid - but, that’s what I would love to see.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't believe it for a second.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to see how the 25% manual take rate corresponds to models. My guess is, the lower models make up the majority of the manual orders. These buyers are the folks who will be modifying their Broncos and most importantly, using them as their off-road genetics intended them to be.

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I’d rather have standard package and manual than mid and auto
I would have picked up the Black Diamond if the manual could be speced with the mid package. I ended up getting the default Outer Banks since it comes with the mid package.
Sponsored