First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
25% may be high enough to open up the options, like mid or high package, sas, and the 2.7 or dare I say warthog. They just needed to make the case for line setups and bellhousing development.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would have picked up the Black Diamond if the manual could be speced with the MID package. I ended up getting the default Outer Banks since it comes with the mid package.
After I realized that mid wasnā€™t possible with the manual and I had less than 12 hours to decide if I wanted to put down a deposit I went through each and every item you get for the additional $1500 (+$3000 for AT) and there wasnā€™t much I was upset about missing out on. Whatā€™s necessary for you in the MID package that you canā€™t live without? Serious question.

Iā€™m excited to see what 22 and 23 have to offer.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has there ever been any real input from Ford on the 2.7 and manual?

I believe I read the 2.3 and 2.7 were different bellhousing patterns which would complicate that slightly
Pretty sure the current manual transmission isn't rated for enough torque for the 2.7 engine, if I remember correctly. Or it was close enough to be borderline.

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Whatā€™s necessary for you in the MID package that you canā€™t live without? Serious question.
For me, not much. But this a shared family car, so it was these: heated seats, intelligent door access, backup assist, built in nav (don't allow smartphone usage inside the car - they go in the console while driving) and other safety features like pre-collision and lane keep assist. - We also like that you get the remote start with the auto - helps a lot in the California desert, esp with the soft top.

Last edited:

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Manual take rate would be even higher if Ford didn't gatekeep Mid + 7 Speed to Badlands trim only. I can't get mid with a manual BB or BD so auto it is.

We better hope they don't gatekeep ManSquatch to Badlands only as well.
Ford Bronco Manual Take Rate - 25% per Ford Authority F7906256-8EF2-4792-BBDD-AA5D4F566F62

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If ford wants more money from me they will allow 2.7 Base mansquatch. My car as ordered is 31380. The ONLY things that are increasing my selected options are manual 2.7, and mansquatch. Badlands mansquatch only? Screw you I'll selfsquatch. 2.7 auto only? I'll stick with the 2.3.

nick112288

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Pretty sure the current manual transmission isn't rated for enough torque for the 2.7 engine, if I remember correctly. Or it was close enough to be borderline.
If I remember correct it is scalable up to just shy of 600 ft/lbs. No idea what it's rated to as currently built

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If ford wants more money from me they will allow 2.7 Base mansquatch. My car as ordered is 31380. The ONLY things that are increasing my selected options are manual 2.7, and mansquatch. Badlands mansquatch only? Screw you I'll selfsquatch. 2.7 auto only? I'll stick with the 2.3.
Agreed. I 99ā€™d for the Base ManSquatch. If they restrict it to the Badlands trim only then I will get a plain manual base.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This % will drop over time.

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The MT take rate is way off. Hereā€™s the order mix (USOB)in April just before production began. This was provided by Zach @ Granger

Ford Bronco Manual Take Rate - 25% per Ford Authority 1630583294092

The other quoted take rates (SAS,etc) were pretty close

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I'm worried about this myself, I'm interested in a Base ManSquatch but I could see Ford restricting it to Badlands. I also don't understand why you can't get a manual in a Base 4 door.
Shit, you can't even spec a 2Dr. MT BD with Mid package! It's crazy.
I fully expect limitations to ManSquatch, so will likely stick with Badlands and SelfSquatch.

We'll see . . .

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this is number is high because the Big Bend, Black Diamond and Badlands default specs are with a manual - so, if you put in a reservation and never updated your order with the dealer, you are getting your favorite trim with a manual and no options - you can see all these show up on dealer lots now and not get picked up by the original person that reserved it.
Iā€™ve seen only manuals available for sale here in so cal. 4 of 4. But the 30k mark ups surely donā€™t help sell either.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One complaint I see on the internet is that everyone says they want a manual, but no one actually buys them. Looks like in the Bronco's case a healthy percentage of people are putting their money where their mouth is! Great to see, and also per the article the SAS take rate is over 50% which leads me to think that once ManSquatch is available the manual percent will be even higher!

https://fordauthority.com/2021/09/2021-ford-bronco-7-speed-manual-take-rate-is-about-25-percent/
People will end up buying what Ford decides is most efficient and profitable to build/sell. this is what will be stocked on the lots, which will vary from the various take rates from orders.

I suspect you will see many stock 4dr, auto, non-sas.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a base 2-door manual guy. But in a moment of weakness, I tried to price a base 4-door manual. Found out the 4-door base is not offered in manual.

Unfortunately manual has one hand tied behind it's back in terms of restrictions.
Sponsored