Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoping I'm in the right thread since I'm sure this will be an onboard computer hack.... but, has anyone pursued or interested the thought of a remote start with a manual? Yes, I know you'd have to leave it in neutral all the time but, I'd really like to be able to achieve this :)
Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can get it after market.

SigSauer226

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one in my manual 2011 Mustang GT. I requested the dealer install it so it was covered under warranty. They contacted a shop and it's great. I actually had to warranty it once so it was good it was on the invoice.

OP
OP
RedHotLava

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can get it after market.
For sure, but I'm just curious if anyone has pursued it here yet. I know there was a lot of talk about Ford not allowing access to the onboard computer for aftermarket shops to tune, etc, and wondering how that would effect attempting this modification.

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hoping I'm in the right thread since I'm sure this will be an onboard computer hack.... but, has anyone pursued or interested the thought of a remote start with a manual? Yes, I know you'd have to leave it in neutral all the time but, I'd really like to be able to achieve this :)
I used to have an after market remote start in my STi, super easy overall. I believe I had something like this put on. Just bypasses the factory setup.

https://www.viper.com/car/remotestart/product/4806v/viper-led-2-way-remote-start-system

I had to install a key box as well due to chipped keys, but no biggie. You can do anything really once you have access to the system. But they like to put in flag in the event someone bypasses something so that may void a warranty FYI.

Sponsored

kurkowski41

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco 4BT, 1996 F350 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I always thought surely it would be possible with the bronco because it has an electronic park brake and electronic transfer case. so surely if it can tell if the brake is set and the t-case is in neutral it could start. I know that isn't the normal way of doing it, but it sure seems like one method.

OP
OP
RedHotLava

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one in my manual 2011 Mustang GT. I requested the dealer install it so it was covered under warranty. They contacted a shop and it's great. I actually had to warranty it once so it was good it was on the invoice.
Good call. I'll ask my dealer for sure, hopefully it can be done while being warrantied.

Shim

Badlands
First Name
Shim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any luck w/ this?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’d be interested as well. I just planned on a block heater. Would save a good amount on gas too…

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most popular remote-start brands have a option for manuals, each having a different method for "proving" the vehicle is in neutral when shut down.

Most of these manufacturers also have a caviat in their papers stating that these systems should not be installed in vehicles with soft or removable tops (presumably because a human or animal could get in and place the vehicle back in gear).

This leaves two options:

1) Find an installer who is willing to install the system of choice in the Bronco.

2) Install it yourself... Which for most brands is a hefty endeavor. Compustar is the most diy friendly but still requires some knowhow and programming of the unit (similar to forscan, requiring software).

Personally, I like the compustar and will be going that route eventually. I am hoping there will be a way (by the time I get my Bronco) for the system to recognize the neutral position switch, thus not having to deal with the proprietary method for proving neutral every time I exit the vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedHotLava

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most popular remote-start brands have a option for manuals, each having a different method for "proving" the vehicle is in neutral when shut down.

Most of these manufacturers also have a caviat in their papers stating that these systems should not be installed in vehicles with soft or removable tops (presumably because a human or animal could get in and place the vehicle back in gear).

This leaves two options:

1) Find an installer who is willing to install the system of choice in the Bronco.

2) Install it yourself... Which for most brands is a hefty endeavor. Compustar is the most diy friendly but still requires some knowhow and programming of the unit (similar to forscan, requiring software).

Personally, I like the compustar and will be going that route eventually. I am hoping there will be a way (by the time I get my Bronco) for the system to recognize the neutral position switch, thus not having to deal with the proprietary method for proving neutral every time I exit the vehicle.
What's usually required to prove that it's in neutral for one of these?

I'm not familiar with Ford Pass, what happens with the app if you try to start it if it's in neutral on a manual? Will it just tell you "BONK! you have a manual, nice try."?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I'm not familiar with Ford Pass, what happens with the app if you try to start it if it's in neutral on a manual? Will it just tell you "BONK! you have a manual, nice try."?
Ford Bronco Manual Trans-Remote Start? 75927AD1-5771-49DB-AF42-0E8BDEA8C177

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The last bit there is a big question for me too... I hope that Ford Pass can integrate with the 3rd Party remote start systems, but I have big doubts.

Here is Compustars "reservation mode". It's not that bad and similar to what you would do anyway, but little the things (like it disarming if you need renter the vehicle) would be annoying. In my opinion, a neutral position switch would make it perfect (and a little safer). As Compustar can remote start from LONG distances (out of eyesight), I would prefer any safety nets available:

Reservation Mode
Reservation mode must be set in order to remote start a manual transmission vehicle. Follow the steps below to activate this feature:

1. While the vehicle is running place the transmission into neutral, set the emergency brake, and then remove pressure from the foot brake.
  2. Remove the vehicle key from the ignition. If done properly the engine will continue to run after the key has been removed.
  3. Exit the vehicle and close the door. The vehicle's engine should shut off on its own within 10 seconds of closing all of the doors.
  4. Once the vehicle shuts off your system will be in reservation mode and is ready to safely remote start.
NOTE: Remember to set this every time you would like to remote start your vehicle. The transmission must be left in the neutral position, the vehicle's windows must be rolled up, and the door pins must be in working order. The vehicle will automatically lock/arm the vehicle when entering reservation mode.

Edit: I also don't know how the reservation mode works if you happen to walk by the vehicle and your fob unlocks the doors. I'm not sure if this event is enough to disable the reservation mode or if the doors must be opened.
Sponsored