First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ah, it needs to be in 4L. Got it. That’s the missing piece of information why I didn’t understand exactly how to use this function. I’ve gotta give that a test so I know how to use it if I ever have to.
Sponsored

atm0706

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 RX-7 / 02 WRX wagon / 06 STi / 21 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
echoing others, I have been happy with the manual as well. The throws are crisp and not eay to miss gear in if you have experience driving a manual gearbox. I do want to get a heavier shift knob though, the stock one is really light. The clutch is also extremely light, and has taken some getting used to. switching to my other cars is super weird after driving the bronco for a few days. The clutches feel comically heavy in comparison.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah mine is the same, other definitely should get it looked at.

I also agree this is the EASIEST manual transmission vehicle I have ever driven. The computer adds some throttle for you when you release the clutch pedal. My old Gen 2 Tacoma would stall if you looked at it funny, probably didn't help that it had 0 torque under 2k rpm.

The C-1 shift off-roading or in traffic takes some practice. I just push up and let the shifter pop out of the locked gate on it's own, once it's cleared the gate then up with slight left pressure to 1. You can feel the lockout pop back into position once you clear it.

I have mistaken R-C but that's on me not being used to it.

If you can make a Gen 2 Tacoma shift correctly, you can drive any MT. I love my Tacoma but the clutch, shifter, throttle lag is a killer to make smooth.

I go from C-2 easy as you describe the c-1 shift. Just go slight right then left, almost on it's own and you're in the correct slot for 1 or 2. Just a slight wiggle that's pretty seamless once you get the hang of it. I back out of my driveway and just come down to C and then 2 for a R-C-2 shift. It seems quicker than a R-1-2 shift. If I'm just pulling forward and backing in a parking lot or garage, I always just use R-C instead of R-1.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've had mine for a week and love it so far. Hadn't had a vehicle with a manual in 10+ years but got right back into the hang of it.

Random question tho, anyone else noticing that sometimes the shift to second, the shifter feels like it catches twice, once when you're in gear but also before then? Like an extra clunk in the shifter, it's hard for to describe. Definitely isn't as smooth as between other gears. Drives absolutely fine, just a shifter feedback thing
Has this issue went away with yours? I'm experiencing the exact same thing. At 300 miles on the odo. only, but you described it perfectly. Like a double click when engaging 2nd gear. Anyone else experiencing this too?
Sponsored