First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I expect the people who have been rear-ended would disagree.

To each their own.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was rear ended damn hard a few years back. Still like doin my own driving, kinda seams to me, if the car is gunna drive itself, may as well rids a bus, the fun is gone.
Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A manual transmission is what I was looking forward to the most during the unveil. Demand for the 7MT would be higher if Ford didn't make it so hard to get one with any kind of creature comforts. Mid only available with manual in the Badlands?! Some bullshit... I live in Minnesota, heated seats are a must for me when it is -20F outside. If there was a cold weather package like Jeep has, I would have definitely given up the rest of the mid package and got the cold weather with 7MT in my Black Diamond.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I totally agree. I’ve always said that in the future they will say “back then you were in total control and could easily hit something or get in a wreck”.
They will look at current transportation system and car safety like it’s the Wild Wild West.
In that future driving will literally be out of our hands 100% and I will have to start drinking.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of the automotive manufactures have been trying to do away with MTs. They tend to package them with undesirable vehicle configurations so that they can say "MT's have a Low Take Rate.... " , when if they'd actually configure the MT in a desirable vehicle configuration, they'd sell a lot more than they currently sell.

If FoMoCo would have mated the MT to the 2.7L, the MT Take Rate would have been higher that what the 2.3L w/MT Take Rate is.

Girryn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Audi S4, 2015 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's fine, but I agree fully with @ZackDanger. I have personally been inside the vehicle when emergency braking kicked in and prevented an accident. Why do you disagree?

There are a lot of examples of both, but I would rather the car automatically stop the car than being rear-ended. I like the idea of cars being safer when my kids start driving
Ego and confusion.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another way manufactures incite buyers away from MT's is by offering features on the AT equipped vehicles and not on MT equipped vehicles that could EASILY be on both.

One example of this on the Bronco is the Trail Turn Assist. This feature is a Braking System Function, so why not offer it on the Bronco which have a MT?????
FoMoCo Chose Not To.... that's why. FoMoCo wants buyers to buy AT and not MT's.

And before someone tries to site some Clutch or other MT scenario as to the reason why... this method of applying brakes to one of the rear wheels to assist in turning was and has been a feature on farm tractors for a long LONG Time....

Oh! Tractors have had MT since their beginning!

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MTs are only offered with limited packages because folks have been buying them less and less over the years. The whole conspiracy of auto makers strategically packaging them to be less desirable makes no sense. They would sell them by the bushel if people were buying them.

The trend has been going for a couple of decades, so sorry it is nothing new. They are being forced into retirement by consumers.
Sponsored