Clubs

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Each of these technologies improve safety and bring autonomous driving closer to reality one step at a time. What's being decided now is whether or not to fully integrate V2V and how that will work in the automobile ecosystem. If you use the wayz app you may already know about R2V, anybody experience that yet?​

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not sure how much BMW is catering to us manual folks anymore. As an example, you should be able to get a manual on an M3 but not a 340i. Ford is one of the heroes in this space with both the Bronco and across most of the Mustang range (since that's the only "car" they make anymore). Subie is also pretty good.
But you can get a manual on an M3! Even on the new G80.

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://fordauthority.com/2021/05/m...rced-into-retirement-as-safety-tech-advances/

I know this stated in here Ford has added "safety" features to the Bronco that will become mandatory on all vehicles in the future. Emergency braking, etc.. how autonomous is this world becoming? This is a scary article. To think that not only low take rates for manuals, but now safety requirements would get rid of it? That is ridiculous. There is less texting and driving with a manual, and less distracted driving in general with a manual. What are your thoughts?

This is another reason I'm getting the 7mt. Not ready to let go of the stick.
Quite so. The general population seems willing to surrender every freedom they have if the government tells them it is for “their safety”; as if somehow we are not mortal, and legislation alone can stave off the spectre of death and grant us immortality. The government knows that isn’t so... and yet somehow, so many willingly roll over and give up all they got and then some....

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
being A software developer doesn’t mean crap...I’m not sure why you think what you do makes a difference to anyone ? ..only people who have an inferiority complex talk about what they do for a living.
What I do for a living makes a difference to people. For the past month I have transitioned from chopping coconuts for tourists to standing on the highway with a flouresecent vest yelling at them. Our parking area just got cut in half as our tourist rate elcipsed pre pandemic levels. So I have to yell at people all day long in the hot sun about the realities of finite spaces. Most get it but about 1/3 of them circle me for 20-40 mins(wasting their day). Judge by the looks of rage on their face when I dont let them into my parking lot even though they paid a airline and hotel thousands of dollars to come to our island to do whatever they want when they want. What I do makes a difference for sure. Are people like sheep? No they are like a wild hoard of drunken goats! Fun times. FYI if anyone one here is ever driving along and see someone on the side of the road obviously directing traffic, it is improper to turn towards them across lanes of traffic and accelerate towards them. There are no points for hitting a flagger.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Quite so. The general population seems willing to surrender every freedom they have if the government tells them it is for “their safety”; as if somehow we are not mortal, and legislation alone can stave off the spectre of death and grant us immortality. The government knows that isn’t so... and yet somehow, so many willingly roll over and give up all they got and then some....
Yeah ever since parents started worrying about their kids safety, people have been obsessed with safety. I'm pretty sure the actual nail in the coffin was a gravity driven lawn dart. I can honestly say a cars safety features outside of its actual structural integrity is never something I even glance at. They are entirely irrelevant to me. Until it rusted apart 3 years ago I daily drove a cj7 with slick vinyl bus seats, no doors, and a bikini top. Driver control and awareness negates nearly every electronic safety feature outside of a backup beeper.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100 years from now our great great great grandkids will look at the enormous loss of life from car accidents in the 20th and 21st century similarly to how we look at civil war amputations and child fatality rates prior to the advent of modern medicine. All of these features are just helping us get closer to getting our transportation deaths down to a significantly lower level, and it’s not just about deaths either. My best friend’s back is messed up from being rear ended when she was 16, and my dad’s back from being hit by a pickup truck when the driver fell asleep on the highway in the late 80’s. As a 25 year old I have personally lost 3 friends in car accidents. A future where my examples become an extreme rarity rather than something that everyone is affected by or knows someone who is should be something we strive for.
I totally agree. I’ve always said that in the future they will say “back then you were in total control and could easily hit something or get in a wreck”.
They will look at current transportation system and car safety like it’s the Wild Wild West.

Sponsored

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100 years from now they will say you had all the fun of actual driving with your hands and feet.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes! And a huge grill also if you're in to such a thing.
Concur! I’ve seen 4 M4s at the dealer but no M3s (must sell out too fast or people get the M4 confused for a Mustang!) Grille isn’t horrible but, ya know, it could be smaller (and better)!!!

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every safety feature has a one off story that shows in at least one instance where it was wrong, be it seat belts, helmets, ABS, ...

That does not make a MT and a supposed expert driver better for the daily commute. Even the best driver makes mistakes, and Autonomous vehicles will too! People will generally fail to constantly monitor all in their view more often than a sensor will fail to perform. Sensors are monitored by logic made by people so it is not flawless. But that logic is tested by many people and gets better all the time, just like automatics perform better as the are continually upgraded.
So I look forward for the day that the daily commute is a relaxing ride to work with less chance that I or others screw up and get some one killed.

But that day isn't here yet, so I still want a manual transmission to enjoy driving even if it eventually becomes illegal to use it on road!

If anything I said has you confused, welcome to how I feel following this thread...

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bud you should be scared of any “platform” if you don’t get it..then do some investigating.

Tesla can already turn your car off, can take away options when someone buys a used Tesla etc etc.

platforms are “control” and one day you may be the controlled

i can go on and on..but hey I don’t want to get banned from “this” platform
but any entity you rely on can do that. Your power company is a "platform" and can shut you off, your supermarket as a "platform" can ban you from their store, your gas station , your favorite restaurant, they are all free to do as they please. Just because Tesla can do that with a mouse click over the air makes it no different IMO.

Not that I think it's good, but it has been that way since capitalism was invented. No shoes, no shirt, no service.

By the way, I'm not a fan of all the data google and facebook and this site and so many others have about me, but I can't avoid it if I want to use these things, there's no alternative.
Sponsored