First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I paid $1950 for a 8 year 100K $50 deductible Ford ESP plan with LED and key coverage. They go out to 10 years now and mileages up to 175K, but you pay more accordingly. I may call and ask them if I can convert mine to the 10 year 100K plan as the Bronco isn’t my daily driver. Grainger is likely cheaper than Flood by $50 or so, but Flood Ford’s website is quicker for a quote.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

23D1D48F-4FCF-48E5-8C46-E8ECB9AAE2B5.png
Sponsored

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in california
Build date may 15th 22
And it makes the noise until it warms up

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know some of y’all are as good of a mechanic as the Ford techs. But I laughed that the Service Procedure was only 4 steps and the first step is - ‘Remove transmission from vehicle’.
You might as well tell me to ‘Remove brain from skull’ or ‘Remove warhead from nuclear device’.
To be fair it looks like one of the easier pull jobs. Great access. I'm definitely doing my own clutch when the time comes.

BlanchardSteve

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Unfortunately my 2023(buit 12/7) has this noise as well - 700 miles, makes the noise in neutral upon cold start goes away when you push the clutch in comes back anytime in neutral with clutch out until it really warms up - have service appointment for the early new year - location Wisconsin

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Unfortunately my 2023(buit 12/7) has this noise as well - 700 miles, makes the noise in neutral upon cold start goes away when you push the clutch in comes back anytime in neutral with clutch out until it really warms up - have service appointment for the early new year - location Wisconsin
Hi Steve. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update, just found another dealer who can take it next week.

Last edited:

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im in Cali. It makes the noise. been to the dealer. About a month ago with the noise. Have it for awhile. 2021 8k miles. Parts ordered to fix TSB. Not. sure how long parts will take will update when I find out.

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just chiming in here for data points and people searching in the future. I have a MY22 with just over 8k on the dial and have had this noise for probably the last 1,000 miles, maybe more.

Moving the shifter to 6th and pulling SLIGHTLY back on it (enough to "notch" the shifter, but not engage the gear) with the clutch left out makes the noise go away. I have an appointment with a local dealer for this coming Wednesday and plan on leaving it the night before since its only happening in the cold.

I'll update after the dealer looks at it.

RescueCheckPT2

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD, MH-65D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealer is ordering parts as per the TSB Boreal posted. The service advisor did say that there were a few parts on the list they'd get quick, others would be back ordered just like everything with a new model car.

Let me just say I am SOOOO excited to be taking this journey with all of you.

Owners, Read the TSB. According to Ford our noise is prominent at Neutral, 1 and 2 while Cold. Exactly as you describe.

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission Noise Poll 23D1D48F-4FCF-48E5-8C46-E8ECB9AAE2B5

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission Noise Poll 23D1D48F-4FCF-48E5-8C46-E8ECB9AAE2B5

Sponsored
OP
OP
Malicar

Malicar

Badlands
First Name
Jessy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Currently sitting at 3/4 responding yes to having the noise. That's a lot! Had it since day one basically. Trying to get in for service, can't get a dealer to look at it till the 16th of January.

Catatonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine has had noise since I picked it up with 3 miles. Sounds like it has gravel in it until up to operating temp. Have over 17k on it now. Recent change is that when the clutch is pushed in for a few seconds and held, the noise goes away. It's like a throwout bearing going out in an old volkswagen.

Edit to add: I discussed the noise with the salesman when purchasing. He said it was normal for this vehicle. He was so full of crap it was leaking out his nose. Mine came in on the truck with the first two delivered to that dealership, and thus mine was the second sold. The other was an automatic.

Last edited:

DUG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 BRZ, 2022 R1, 2020 Speed Twin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Count me in. Total debacle.

Picked up a 2023 Base 2 door as a build project last Friday with 19 miles on the clock.

At the 40 miles mark I thought I heard a high wind noise, but I made to the garage and it was still there.

Listened while parked and it was noticeably louder. Poked my head underneath and it sounded more like a heat shield was rattling.

Over the next few days it deteriorated to the point of sounding like spinning marbles in the trans.

7 days after purchase its sitting with 85 miles on the odometer. Dealer has said they will look at it Jan 4th so we shall see.

It didn't even last a week. Complete fail.

Last edited:

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like it has gravel in it until up to operating temp.
I've noticed that the sound goes away when the engine gets warmed up, but at the same time the RPMS drop to about 800, noise is still there, just the whole thing is spinning slower and so the audible sound is gone. Accelerate the engine back to 1,200-1,300 RPMs in neutral and it comes back.
Sponsored