First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone know if this issue likely causes permanent damage? I’d rather wait to hear there’s a reliable fix instead of being without vehicle while at dealer!
Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone know if this issue likely causes permanent damage? I’d rather wait to hear there’s a reliable fix instead of being without vehicle while at dealer!
It causes some extent of permanent damage. 5&6 synchro gears rub their side faces causing friction weld marks and scrapes. That's about the extent that's been discovered though. Not enough damaged to make it blown apart or anything, so no addiitonal damage has been reported as a result. Some of us have 10k+ with the noise being there and no changes from it first appearing and no performance issues, just an annoying scrap sound.

Krasmus

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good morning! If you are willing to send us a private message including your VIN and dealership info, I'd be happy to see how I can help on my end.
Yes mine made the noise new. We heard it at the dealership when we were sitting in the idling bronco setting up the CarPlay. Seems to be hrrring a little worse with time. 9000 miles now. Getting worried as time and miles pass. I’d feel better if I could get it serviced. But definitely nervous about having to get in the transmission. But would feel better without the grinding gravely noice

Krasmus

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d like to know myself before my warranty goes on it.

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d like to know myself before my warranty goes on it.
That is my thought. Sound when cold during initial warmup is a minor annoyance now. Being without my vehicle while being serviced would be reallly inconvenient. Vehicle is under original warranty for many more years; I prefer to wait till Ford tells me it is a recall item or similar.

Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
Malicar

Malicar

Badlands
First Name
Jessy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eat it up ladies and gents. Looks like we have another confirmed failure after TSB was performed. Added it to the main page.

:mad::eek: Reported TSB ineffective (More detail required):mad::eek:
o_Oo_O2nd Confirmed TSB Failure o_Oo_O

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-rotational-scraping-noise-in-the-7mts.63324/
It's amazing we are holding to about 70% of owners having this issue. I'm thinking I will wait it out untill there is a confirmed fix. I don't want my trans opened up and molested multiple times

Direwild

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thank god that i havent had this issue yet. mine a been a pretty smooth tranny. It's my gd brake system that keeps messing up. its a vaccum leak i believe. that and my driver window wont auto go up anymore. I love the bronco but shit this thing has issues. Ford has a win, they just need to put quailty into the parts from here on out. i dont want to have to see a ford dealership for at least 5 years after i get this warranty work done. Idk much about lemon laws but im already at 18k miles in 10 months. had first issues back at 8k miles with brakes.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's amazing we are holding to about 70% of owners having this issue. I'm thinking I will wait it out untill there is a confirmed fix. I don't want my trans opened up and molested multiple times
More people with this approach then the less Ford thinks it's a problem. Gotta get it scheduled for service ASAP. protect yourself with documentation should it get nasty and you need to claim lemon. No official fix... I'm not waiting 6 more months to take it in then 3 months to get it serviced and miss that lemon law window of first repair attempts in first year and 3 attempts under 19000k with no resolution. At least that's some of 5he standards. I want them to perform the work ASAP. Tear it apart now so I know if I need to junk it now not wait and start this process later.

Advice. Take it in and get your TSB parts or trans work started. Very important for you and everyone else. We need to flood FORD with the issue for any hope of a real effort to fix.

prmaise

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine is a 2021 Base build with 12,300 miles. No grinding noise ever.
Michigan in summer and Florida in winter so obviously a warm weather baby.
Also no other issues at all. Two oil changes, one tire rotation and gas.

Sponsored

red.radar

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford F250, 1978 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine is a 2021 Base build with 12,300 miles. No grinding noise ever.
Michigan in summer and Florida in winter so obviously a warm weather baby.
Also no other issues at all. Two oil changes, one tire rotation and gas.
good to hear. Any other people able to report they don’t see this issue? Especially if you live in colder climates?

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More people with this approach then the less Ford thinks it's a problem. Gotta get it scheduled for service ASAP. protect yourself with documentation should it get nasty and you need to claim lemon. No official fix... I'm not waiting 6 more months to take it in then 3 months to get it serviced and miss that lemon law window of first repair attempts in first year and 3 attempts under 19000k with no resolution. At least that's some of 5he standards. I want them to perform the work ASAP. Tear it apart now so I know if I need to junk it now not wait and start this process later.

Advice. Take it in and get your TSB parts or trans work started. Very important for you and everyone else. We need to flood FORD with the issue for any hope of a real effort to fix.
This is good advice for all with this problem, heed the warning people.

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got mine on Thursday, under 100 miles on the clock. Hopefully I will not have this issue, but I will wait to vote on the poll until i put more miles on it

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was in the mountains this past weekend & heard the noise loud and clear after a 15*F cold start.
Sponsored