Sponsored

Manual Transmission on the 6 cylinder engine

Should Ford put the manual transmission on the 6 cylinder engine?

• Total voters

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They listened to us with mansquatch, but made it two door only. It seems ford listening to its customers is a bit of a "monkey's paw" scenario.

So they might offer V6 manual, but only in a big bend/6 door/2" lowering kit model
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They listened to us with mansquatch, but made it two door only. It seems ford listening to its customers is a bit of a "monkey's paw" scenario.

So they might offer V6 manual, but only in a big bend/6 door/2" lowering kit model
Mansquatch is definitely not 2 doors only, unless you're talking base, and manual was never available on 4dr base.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish that Foard had just put the mustang drive trains in the bronco, eight and four cylinders both with manuals and automatics
I mean thats what the old bronco did originally, eventually. Also thats what the aftermarket did with the ranger based broncoII. Maybe history will repeat itself.

Sponsored

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually think inline 2.3 is a pretty decent engine for the 2dr. But still. There'll be lots of unhappy 2.3 manual owners if Ford suddenly decides to drop a V6 manual.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No 6 banger ever beat godzilla!
Those numbers are wrong. Maybe your mixing drivetrains and bodystyles:unsure:

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually think inline 2.3 is a pretty decent engine for the 2dr. But still. There'll be lots of unhappy 2.3 manual owners if Ford suddenly decides to drop a V6 manual.
The only issue that I have with the 2.3L is that it's DI only. If it would have been DI & PI (like the 2.7L), I'd ordered a MT Bronco already, but with that said, I REAILLY want a 2.7L MT 2D Badlands!

Come On @Ford Motor Company, at least give us the 2.7L MT in the 2D Squash!!!!!! You know, Like The Original Bronco, you could get the big engine and MT.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put the 5.0L in it.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only issue that I have with the 2.3L is that it's DI only. If it would have been DI & PI (like the 2.7L), I'd ordered a MT Bronco already, but with that said, I REAILLY want a 2.7L MT 2D Badlands!

Come On @Ford Motor Company, at least give us the 2.7L MT in the 2D Squash!!!!!! You know, Like The Original Bronco, you could get the big engine and MT.
Week in 2.3L/7mt is rad. It’s plenty quick for what this is. People comparing 0-60 to anything with under 400lbs of wheel tire are doing physics a disservice

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't be unhappy at all, but I would be taking a loss when I traded in on a v6 manual :p

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mansquatch is definitely not 2 doors only, unless you're talking base, and manual was never available on 4dr base.
Well that is disappointing. Somehow got it in my head that you could. That was going to be my "Save money without sacrificing capability" build

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just checked published numbers. The 2.7 was not the fastest. That would make no sense considering the 3.5 makes way more power and torque and the 5.0 makes more power with similar torque. Semi amatuer testing on a youtube results may vary.
Sponsored