Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I escalated this concern to Ford Engineering with my personal Bronco and spoke with an Engineer a few minutes ago. For the sake of keeping my job, I cannot say exactly what was said. HOWEVER. Be assured they are aware of this "situation" and we must keep an eye on published OASIS messages in the coming months.... Until then, keep on your dealers about the TSB, and the fact that the TSB/replacements are not fixing the issue. Make the issue known to your dealers don't sit back and wait, this helps keep the pressure on.....BUT HANG IN THERE!!
Welp, Steven is about to get disappeared like every other insider that's tried to help.
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I escalated this concern to Ford Engineering with my personal Bronco and spoke with an Engineer a few minutes ago. For the sake of keeping my job, I cannot say exactly what was said. HOWEVER. Be assured they are aware of this "situation" and we must keep an eye on published OASIS messages in the coming months.... Until then, keep on your dealers about the TSB, and the fact that the TSB/replacements are not fixing the issue. Make the issue known to your dealers don't sit back and wait, this helps keep the pressure on.....BUT HANG IN THERE!!
Tell them to let us keep our melted synchros when this is all over. Or they should make them into necklaces with ā€œHANG IN THEREā€ lettering and mail them out like merch

CliffordTheBigRedBronco

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tell them to let us keep our melted synchros when this is all over. Or they should make them into necklaces with ā€œHANG IN THEREā€ lettering and mail them out like merch
For now, have the TSB done, and push the issue that it is not fixed. Same if they replace the trans. Let the dealer know that it is not fixed. That is very important in this.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Picked up my Bronco last night after having the TSB done. So far so good but it has only been a day, if the noise comes back you guys will be the first to know. Luckily in my case there was no damage to any other gears or components in the trans so I didn't have to wait on any backordered parts.
Take her for a nice drive for us please. Treat yo-self....šŸ˜Ž

Sponsored

kermite1

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy Blazer, 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooo... On December 23rd, It was extremely cold outside here in Chicagoland. I went to drive and I heard this noise. It was surprising since I only had around 2000 miles. Just like I read in some posts here today in this thread, It went away. It comes back when it is really cold! šŸ˜

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Would you consider not accepting the vehicle? If I bring a new vehicle home, and my wife starts asking what's up with the transmission noise, and I tell her "Oh, it's a known issue and there isn't really a fix and I still bought it" ... maybe I'm headed for divorce court, lol. Seriously though, she'll read me the riot act for accepting the vehicle, and she'd have a point.
Well, I went there and told her whatā€™s going onā€¦ her response was not as I expected. She took it in casually asking about long term repercussions and just said test drive before taking delivery šŸ¤Øā€¦ it was weird to say the leastā€¦

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, I went there and told her whatā€™s going onā€¦ her response was not as I expected. She took it in casually asking about long term repercussions and just said test drive before taking delivery šŸ¤Øā€¦ it was weird to say the leastā€¦
Do you have a VIN? You could always make changes to the build if you are not scheduled with VIN.

It may come up on a test drive it may not? And if it's warm.... Probably not... Some people notice day 1 others 2k miles in. I mean these are under warranty but it's going to be an annoyance for sure and the parts shortages exacerbated the problem, it's not as though I could even sell it if I wanted either. Everyone is going to walk away from that, warranty or not...

Nfauv06

Badlands
First Name
Nicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all,
I am not new to the Bronco world, just new here on Bronco6G. I already did the poll. I will add my information to the spreadsheet once I have all of it. My window sticker, with a lot of the info on it, is in my Bronco, which is at the service department. I dropped it off for the TSB repair Monday, January 30th. It was scheduled for the work with all parts delivered prior to drop off, ready to go. The service director confirmed with me Monday morning that he pulled the Bronco in the shop that morning. These were his words verbatim:
ā€œI drove the Bronco in the shop and added bulletins. I will have the Va inspection done once all repairs are completed. I will take some pics once the unit is out and I investigate. It's definitely noisy. Wow!!! I will be in touch.ā€

I did a search on all TSBā€™s and asked them to take a look at 2 others for me, while they had it. Very simple TSBā€™s (compared to the one for the transmission) for the soft top.

Build: 2021 Bronco/ Badlands/ NonSas
-I placed my order April 5, 2021. Took delivery January 28, 2022. Just to turn around and drop it off for the TSB repair on the 1 year anniversary, to the very day. (Dropped off Saturday & picked up loaner, for scheduled repair on Monday, the 30th.)

HOWEVER!!ā€¦.I am on my THIRD transmission and have been offered a fourth, which I denied. A new transmission entirely does NOT fix this problem. The sound comes back immediately. Yes, warmer months are harder to detect. But I know this sound all too well to miss even the most faint version. It most definitely gets worse over time, also. Hence the service directors response to the sound of ā€œWow!!!ā€.
I have several videos of the sound, and mine is one of the loudest. The sound can be heard from inside the house, when started for warm up.

Everyone here has pretty much covered everything. Itā€™s just a long waiting game at this point. Trial and error? Kicking the can? Call it what you want. But this is not something that can be ignored. Lemon Law is not ā€œabsurdā€. When you pay $30+ thousand for something, brand new might I add, it should not have this serious of an issue, FROM THE BEGINNING. Day 1 for me. Less that 100 miles. I have exceeded the Lemon Law requirements in my state. I am just not ready to part with something I enjoy so much, and waited so long for. I am willing to attempt the TSB but if this doesnā€™t solve the issue, itā€™ll be claimed a lemon. I only have until end of July 2023 to file. I wonā€™t pass on that opportunity. Not when 70%+ are reporting the issue and weā€™ve heard NOTHING from FordMoCo. There is a lemon law for a reason.

Everyone needs to be reporting the issue. Having the TSB scheduled/completed. The momentum needs to drive forward full force. We canā€™t slow down now and just accept it. We need to be undeniably obnoxious on the matter. FordMoCo wonā€™t be able to ignore us. There needs to be a real resolution, and fast. Times ticking.

I still donā€™t have my Bronco back. I havenā€™t seen any pics. I finally heard this today:
ā€œHi, so we built the unit today per the bulletin. Should finish the install by Saturday. My interior guy will do the bulletins for the top noise next. I will advise you on those repairs once looked at. I will keep you posted!!ā€
I responded with several questions. I will keep everyone here posted. Sorry it took me so longā€¦took me daysssss to catch up/read 89 pages worth šŸ˜…
Itā€™s been a very long first year for me and my Bronco ):

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello all,
I am not new to the Bronco world, just new here on Bronco6G. I already did the poll. I will add my information to the spreadsheet once I have all of it. My window sticker, with a lot of the info on it, is in my Bronco, which is at the service department. I dropped it off for the TSB repair Monday, January 30th. It was scheduled for the work with all parts delivered prior to drop off, ready to go. The service director confirmed with me Monday morning that he pulled the Bronco in the shop that morning. These were his words verbatim:
ā€œI drove the Bronco in the shop and added bulletins. I will have the Va inspection done once all repairs are completed. I will take some pics once the unit is out and I investigate. It's definitely noisy. Wow!!! I will be in touch.ā€

I did a search on all TSBā€™s and asked them to take a look at 2 others for me, while they had it. Very simple TSBā€™s (compared to the one for the transmission) for the soft top.

-I placed my order April 5, 2021. Took delivery January 28, 2022. Just to turn around and drop it off for the TSB repair on the 1 year anniversary, to the very day. (Dropped off Saturday & picked up loaner, for scheduled repair on Monday, the 30th.)

HOWEVER!!ā€¦.I am on my THIRD transmission and have been offered a fourth, which I denied. A new transmission entirely does NOT fix this problem. The sound comes back immediately. Yes, warmer months are harder to detect. But I know this sound all too well to miss even the most faint version. It most definitely gets worse over time, also. Hence the service directors response to the sound of ā€œWow!!!ā€.
I have several videos of the sound, and mine is one of the loudest. The sound can be heard from inside the house, when started for warm up.

Everyone here has pretty much covered everything. Itā€™s just a long waiting game at this point. Trial and error? Kicking the can? Call it what you want. But this is not something that can be ignored. Lemon Law is not ā€œabsurdā€. When you pay $30+ thousand for something, brand new might I add, it should not have this serious of an issue, FROM THE BEGINNING. Day 1 for me. Less that 100 miles. I have exceeded the Lemon Law requirements in my state. I am just not ready to part with something I enjoy so much, and waited so long for. I am willing to attempt the TSB but if this doesnā€™t solve the issue, itā€™ll be claimed a lemon. I only have until end of July 2023 to file. I wonā€™t pass on that opportunity. Not when 70%+ are reporting the issue and weā€™ve heard NOTHING from FordMoCo. There is a lemon law for a reason.

Everyone needs to be reporting the issue. Having the TSB scheduled/completed. The momentum needs to drive forward full force. We canā€™t slow down now and just accept it. We need to be undeniably obnoxious on the matter. FordMoCo wonā€™t be able to ignore us. There needs to be a real resolution, and fast. Times ticking.

I still donā€™t have my Bronco back. I havenā€™t seen any pics. I finally heard this today:
ā€œHi, so we built the unit today per the bulletin. Should finish the install by Saturday. My interior guy will do the bulletins for the top noise next. I will advise you on those repairs once looked at. I will keep you posted!!ā€
I responded with several questions. I will keep everyone here posted. Sorry it took me so longā€¦took me daysssss to catch up/read 89 pages worth šŸ˜…
Oh my lord! So sorry man. This is not cool. Thanks so much for this detail. What in the world FoMoCo......

Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello all,

Also just FYI looks like early reports are not looking great for the TSB but šŸ¤·

Nfauv06

Badlands
First Name
Nicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also just FYI looks like early reports are not looking great for the TSB but šŸ¤·
So Iā€™ve read šŸ˜’ ā€¦.Iā€™m all caught up now. My exact words when I gave them my keys (this time) were ā€œI am trying to be positive but Iā€™m also very frustrated by this point. Iā€™ve been more than patient. As have we all, from the very beginning of ā€˜reserve to order to build to deliveryā€™. So I am trying to be hopeful but Iā€™m not holding my breath.ā€
Also, in my response to the service director this evening, I made him aware of what all was eye opening since going through all 89 pages here. Time will tellā€¦

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So Iā€™ve read šŸ˜’ ā€¦.Iā€™m all caught up now. My exact words when I gave them my keys (this time) were ā€œI am trying to be positive but Iā€™m also very frustrated by this point. Iā€™ve been more than patient. As have we all, from the very beginning of ā€˜reserve to order to build to deliveryā€™. So I am trying to be hopeful but Iā€™m not holding my breath.ā€
Also, in my response to the service director this evening, I made him aware of what all was eye opening since going through all 89 pages here. Time will tellā€¦
If you end up Lemoning it please let us know. It would be great documentation to have should we all end up in the same hole and need examples as extreme as yours

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can I get a page 90 today?

I'm curious how one might go about filing a Class Action Lawsuit? Seems at this point enough of us have the issue and there is no confirmed actual resolution. Seems like it makes sense to stay a step ahead of FORD and get these actions rolling sooner as to get them to actually fix and public acknowledge the issue and hold them accountable. My build was $49k let's evaluate that and I have had a trans issues since about 250. Right now I feel it's not getting enough attention. Ford should be jumping over mountains to fix these BRAND NEW day 1 MY23s at the very least. Stop releasing more of them so the parts shortages doesn't continue..... Right now they are just multiplying and accelerating the issue for all of us.
Sponsored