First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have a 2 door Badlands manual with about 1200 miles.

Haven‘t experienced the severity that some of you have had but there is faint sound - like rocks/pebbles being shaken in a metal container.

Do we know the exact problem yet? Brand new transmission the answer?
Hi there. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this noise concern? Thank you!
Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this noise concern? Thank you!
ford bot - do you have any solutions?
no? ok then

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could you please give us some information about this noise and how it can be fixed?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all,
I am not new to the Bronco world, just new here on Bronco6G. I already did the poll. I will add my information to the spreadsheet once I have all of it. My window sticker, with a lot of the info on it, is in my Bronco, which is at the service department. I dropped it off for the TSB repair Monday, January 30th. It was scheduled for the work with all parts delivered prior to drop off, ready to go. The service director confirmed with me Monday morning that he pulled the Bronco in the shop that morning. These were his words verbatim:
“I drove the Bronco in the shop and added bulletins. I will have the Va inspection done once all repairs are completed. I will take some pics once the unit is out and I investigate. It's definitely noisy. Wow!!! I will be in touch.”

I did a search on all TSB’s and asked them to take a look at 2 others for me, while they had it. Very simple TSB’s (compared to the one for the transmission) for the soft top.

Build: 2021 Bronco/ Badlands/ NonSas
-I placed my order April 5, 2021. Took delivery January 28, 2022. Just to turn around and drop it off for the TSB repair on the 1 year anniversary, to the very day. (Dropped off Saturday & picked up loaner, for scheduled repair on Monday, the 30th.)

HOWEVER!!….I am on my THIRD transmission and have been offered a fourth, which I denied. A new transmission entirely does NOT fix this problem. The sound comes back immediately. Yes, warmer months are harder to detect. But I know this sound all too well to miss even the most faint version. It most definitely gets worse over time, also. Hence the service directors response to the sound of “Wow!!!”.
I have several videos of the sound, and mine is one of the loudest. The sound can be heard from inside the house, when started for warm up.

Everyone here has pretty much covered everything. It’s just a long waiting game at this point. Trial and error? Kicking the can? Call it what you want. But this is not something that can be ignored. Lemon Law is not “absurd”. When you pay $30+ thousand for something, brand new might I add, it should not have this serious of an issue, FROM THE BEGINNING. Day 1 for me. Less that 100 miles. I have exceeded the Lemon Law requirements in my state. I am just not ready to part with something I enjoy so much, and waited so long for. I am willing to attempt the TSB but if this doesn’t solve the issue, it’ll be claimed a lemon. I only have until end of July 2023 to file. I won’t pass on that opportunity. Not when 70%+ are reporting the issue and we’ve heard NOTHING from FordMoCo. There is a lemon law for a reason.

Everyone needs to be reporting the issue. Having the TSB scheduled/completed. The momentum needs to drive forward full force. We can’t slow down now and just accept it. We need to be undeniably obnoxious on the matter. FordMoCo won’t be able to ignore us. There needs to be a real resolution, and fast. Times ticking.

I still don’t have my Bronco back. I haven’t seen any pics. I finally heard this today:
“Hi, so we built the unit today per the bulletin. Should finish the install by Saturday. My interior guy will do the bulletins for the top noise next. I will advise you on those repairs once looked at. I will keep you posted!!”
I responded with several questions. I will keep everyone here posted. Sorry it took me so long…took me daysssss to catch up/read 89 pages worth 😅
It’s been a very long first year for me and my Bronco ):
I think I need a break from this site, because this issue is kind of depressing. :( If I knew the extent of this issue, I'd have changed my order, but I already have a VIN.

Yes I know there is warranty etc. But for me, having a trans defect from the get-go, listening to the noise and wondering if it's getting worse, messing around with dealers, campaigning for a proper Ford fix and all that jazz ... I don't want all that in my life. Paying money for that? Plus I typically hang onto vehicles a long time. What a bummer situation.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mines sitting at the dealership since 1/16, still fighting for price protection, and if (big if) that gets resolved and pick it up, I then get to deal with the TSB for the damm transmission. I must be friggin crazy!

Sponsored

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can I get a page 90 today?

I'm curious how one might go about filing a Class Action Lawsuit? Seems at this point enough of us have the issue and there is no confirmed actual resolution. Seems like it makes sense to stay a step ahead of FORD and get these actions rolling sooner as to get them to actually fix and public acknowledge the issue and hold them accountable. My build was $49k let's evaluate that and I have had a trans issues since about 250. Right now I feel it's not getting enough attention. Ford should be jumping over mountains to fix these BRAND NEW day 1 MY23s at the very least. Stop releasing more of them so the parts shortages doesn't continue..... Right now they are just multiplying and accelerating the issue for all of us.
My Build was $54K, I waited for over 2 years to get my Bronco, had the noise since day one, on the second transmission, now waiting for parts for over one month to get the TSB.. I am all pro filing a lawsuit against FORD

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had my new '23 Bronco with manual trans for just about 3 weeks now, and I hear this noise ALL THE TIME. I didnt notice until about the second or third day of having it. Definitely louder in cold weather but, thats mostly all we've had in Texas lately, so no idea about warmer weather. I do worry this could be a big issue that leads to a big headache down the road.

Save The Manuals

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awaiting arrival of the replacement transmission, fingers crossed it resolves the issue but I'm not too hopeful based on others experiences

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I need a break from this site, because this issue is kind of depressing. :( If I knew the extent of this issue, I'd have changed my order, but I already have a VIN.

Yes I know there is warranty etc. But for me, having a trans defect from the get-go, listening to the noise and wondering if it's getting worse, messing around with dealers, campaigning for a proper Ford fix and all that jazz ... I don't want all that in my life. Paying money for that? Plus I typically hang onto vehicles a long time. What a bummer situation.
think about this,the number of people on a forum are about 1% or less of people who own one. I would not gauge it by this forum. All forums will have you think whatever you own is a hunk of crap.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had my new '23 Bronco with manual trans for just about 3 weeks now, and I hear this noise ALL THE TIME. I didnt notice until about the second or third day of having it. Definitely louder in cold weather but, thats mostly all we've had in Texas lately, so no idea about warmer weather. I do worry this could be a big issue that leads to a big headache down the road.
My Build was $54K, I waited for over 2 years to get my Bronco, had the noise since day one, on the second transmission, now waiting for parts for over one month to get the TSB.. I am all pro filing a lawsuit against FORD
That bites - hope you guys get the situation resolved to your satisfaction.

Based on all this, I'm gonna implement a backup plan. My current Jeep TJ auto and Land Rover Series manual 4x4s, are loads of fun, but need TLC. Hence my interest in a new Bronco, to NOT have issues, lol.

I'm gonna bust my knuckles the next 4 months getting my current 4x4s back on the road. Then if my Bronco arrives this summer, and all this manual transmission malarky is still going on, I might tap out. Fingers crossed the manual trans thing is all resolved by summer!

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
think about this,the number of people on a forum are about 1% or less of people who own one. I would not gauge it by this forum. All forums will have you think whatever you own is a hunk of crap.
I hear ya, and I've bought products before, when other people online were griping about, and calling horrible. But this is a 30k+ product, and I get the sense it's more widespread than a typical rare b*tch fest. But will see how it plays out ...

By chance, does your Bronco have a manual trans with no noise/issue?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can I get a page 90 today?

I'm curious how one might go about filing a Class Action Lawsuit? Seems at this point enough of us have the issue and there is no confirmed actual resolution. Seems like it makes sense to stay a step ahead of FORD and get these actions rolling sooner as to get them to actually fix and public acknowledge the issue and hold them accountable. My build was $49k let's evaluate that and I have had a trans issues since about 250. Right now I feel it's not getting enough attention. Ford should be jumping over mountains to fix these BRAND NEW day 1 MY23s at the very least. Stop releasing more of them so the parts shortages doesn't continue..... Right now they are just multiplying and accelerating the issue for all of us.
This just seems absurd to me lol. The TSB was only released a whopping 50 days ago. That's barely enough time for them to even realize that the TSB obviously didn't work. Why not just calm down a little and give Ford some time to figure out what the issue is. It seems like you think this one single issue is all Ford is trying to address right now, and that is far from being remotely realistic.

I'm assuming they didn't issue the TSB knowing that it wouldn't repair the issue and the noise would come back. And even if they did, at least they were willing to address the problem and release a temporary repair to try and rectify the situation in the meantime. With the handful of repeat repairs now, they're obviously looking into the problem and I'm sure it will be resolved as quick as they can.

Maybe it's different for me because I don't have this issue, but everyone seems to be acting like this is completely disabling their vehicle... it's just a noise. If you're this unhappy, just sell it.

Last edited:

ASUBronco

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard my noise during the test drive at 26 miles. Keep in mind I had read about the noises on here and was looking out for it. I turned to my wife and said well there’s the transmission noise and she just shook her head and laughed lol.
I got the same response too, haha!

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took delivery on 12/3/22 but didn't "notice" the noise until I read about it on this forum. Now, I hear it all the time. My plan is to keep driving it until FoMoCo comes up with a permanent fix or it grenades. No sense getting the TSB repair (doesn't work) or a new tranny (same problem). I have AAA Gold so I should be fine. (whistles merely)

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 30AE Mazda MX-5 / 2022 2Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It could also track that some % of broncos are in Southern Florida or outside the states and may never hear it.
I am in SWFL and I have the noise. Started faintly around 700 miles, intermittently, noticed when we had a “cold” 50° day here. Has gotten louder and now all the time in 1st and 2nd like everyone else has described. I am now at 1500 miles, been in low 80°s the past few days. My dealers in my area are so backed up , they can’t even have me drop off my Bronco for two months. Earliest appointment I got is early April.
Hopefully by then, Ford will have a permanent fix.
Sponsored