First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forgive if this has already been answered but is this happening to most or all of the MT or if not does anyone know the percentages? Mine is scheduled for next month so I’m praying hard not to be dealing with this. Saying that i feel for those of you who are. Sucks.
There is another thread with a poll with a couple hundred people

75% are reporting the issue, the other 25% it probably just hasn't happened yet
Sponsored

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% would not change a thing. The noise is a nuisance, but the vehicle drives perfectly. This issue will get resolved
Exactly!! I've had the noise since day one and after 17k I've seen zero problems. Not sure what that means exactly but *it seems fine* :)

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is another thread with a poll with a couple hundred people

75% are reporting the issue, the other 25% it probably just hasn't happened yet
Thank you for this. Ugh!!!

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even having a Bronco that is making this noise, I'd still get the 2.3l/7mt. Its so much fun to drive! I love my Bronco!
This noise should concern Ford, I get looks from people in parking lots when the noise happens and the looks on their faces are not good, like what POS.

This is bad PR for you Ford, get on top of this!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This noise should concern Ford, I get looks from people in parking lots when the noise happens and the looks on their faces are not good, like what POS.
As a past owner of a Triton with broken exhaust manifold studs, I know that look.

Sponsored

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive been following the MT "noise" threads and to date have considered us lucky as there has been nothing noticeable. Now, at about 5300 miles, there is definitely a sound....its pretty low, and could easily be overlooked with music or even the fan on high, but its there. I suspect for most it starts at this level and probably gets worse? Not really bothering me at this point and I am sort of up in the air if I am going to have the TSB done until either 1) it gets much louder or 2) we get data from enough owners that the TSB actually "solves" the issue.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So Ford corporate ended up reaching out to me this week. But bottom line, they can’t do anything until an actual dealer finds and confirms there’s a problem.

So I am waiting on an appointment to go to another local Ford dealer and let them look at it. Estimated wait time is 14 days. Still getting the noise even while driving now.

After reading other posts on the same problem, I’m almost wondering if it’s better to wait on the repair. It seems like Fords current repair solution isn’t actually fixing the problem and it ends up happening again!

I also now have a new problem in that the alarm is going off, and I’m getting notification via FordPass app that someone is trying to open my hood. Except they are not! I’ve never had so many glitches before with a new vehicle purchase.

1674933589314.png
Please post the people who have actually had the TSB done that has had the noise come back? Haven’t seen any so far.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Forgive if this has already been answered but is this happening to most or all of the MT or if not does anyone know the percentages? Mine is scheduled for next month so I’m praying hard not to be dealing with this. Saying that i feel for those of you who are. Sucks.
Not on all of them, at least not at the moment? Some people in the south due to temp may never hear it or might be a long time before its noticable? Its highly environmental temp related. start's being noticeable around 50*f and under. Really hard to guess % just yet. We have probably around 200 people here collectively documented. I've found a handful on YouTube and redditors with my cross posting. My guess at least double the number so lets say 500-1000 experiencing it. Manuals accounted for 25% of the roughly 110k produced 22 Broncos was an old report. so 27500 manuals for MY22 estimate. I would say between 2-4% which is high in the grand scheme of things for "NEW"

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive been following the MT "noise" threads and to date have considered us lucky as there has been nothing noticeable. Now, at about 5300 miles, there is definitely a sound....its pretty low, and could easily be overlooked with music or even the fan on high, but its there. I suspect for most it starts at this level and probably gets worse? Not really bothering me at this point and I am sort of up in the air if I am going to have the TSB done until either 1) it gets much louder or 2) we get data from enough owners that the TSB actually "solves" the issue.
I'm in the same boat. If mine doesn't get any worse than it is now I could live w/it. I'm pretty sure most started out that way and gradually got louder. Would like to see a few of the louder ones get fixed, and permanently fixed before I bother w/it

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. If mine doesn't get any worse than it is now I could live w/it. I'm pretty sure most started out that way and gradually got louder. Would like to see a few of the louder ones get fixed, and permanently fixed before I bother w/it
Mine definitely evolved over time to be as loud as it is now but it was roughly a short period. I consider mine on the louder end in comparison to others. You can hear it 20ft outside the vehicle or sitting in it. It does go away with longer trips. I suspect tho if your temps barely dip into the 40s on a regular basis tho it might not get louder then it is now. Best way I've produced it for dealer was moving 5mph in 1st all accessories, heat, radio off on flat ground. Noticable scraping as you move slow and easy to hear over low rev of engine that way. Also the continued scrap after engaging clutch and rolling slow like that. Original thought was clutch plate breaking in but I noticed it very early on. 250-500miles range but it just got louder as the cold rolled in

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine definitely evolved over time to be as loud as it is now but it was roughly a short period. I consider mine on the louder end in comparison to others. You can hear it 20ft outside the vehicle or sitting in it. It does go away with longer trips. I suspect tho if your temps barely dip into the 40s on a regular basis tho it might not get louder then it is now. Best way I've produced it for dealer was moving 5mph in 1st all accessories, heat, radio off on flat ground. Noticable scraping as you move slow and easy to hear over low rev of engine that way. Also the continued scrap after engaging clutch and rolling slow like that. Original though was clutch plate breaking in but I noticed it very early on. 250-500miles range.
Temps here are gonna be single digits/subzero all week...I should get a pretty good idea where mine is at!

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
May I refer you to your sig line? It's worth the risk IMO.

My aggravation level is miniscule so far, it's not impacting driving and is the quietest little burble that I need the HVAC and radio off to even hear. Maybe that level increases once it goes in for service, but I feel good about delaying service for a while.
Well, if my Bronco is breaking due to a defect, then I'm not having adventures with it in the shop. Or to quote "The Hobbit", down the road I could be having financial "adventures of a most unpleasant sort". :)

I don't care much about some noise, my old CJ5 and Land Rover Series manuals probably make much more noise, and are no worse for wear. But I don't want to be sitting 5 years from now with worn out synchros and a big repair bill.

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine was just built 12/21/22, at 610 miles I proactively jacked up the right side and forced another half quart of the motorcraft DCT fluid in it to rule out a factory fill issue. It was already full but wanted it overfilled. This morning at 28 degrees out I heard a faint intermittent rock tumbling/scraping noise, like the videos, just quieter. So it’s coming. Only has about 750 miles on it. Really disappointed after waiting just over a year for this
Sponsored