Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there was a fix maybe? I want to keep mine too not that I'm ready to trade it out and quick to lemon it but if this becomes a 12-18 month journey IDK about that. Repeat teardowns don't go well over time. This tech breaks that, that tech breaks this, lost bolts, leaking exhaust from being repeatedly pulled stripped threads so on... my noise is for sure getting worse and I'll take advice from the guy who was offered a 4th trans and now the TSB. He has been dealing with this an entire year.... No resolution. Oh and don't forget the qualified skilled labor shortage and parts shortage
I'm certain there will be a fix at some point, if not Ford can keep throwing transmissions at it for 100k then I'll adapt a Tremec TR4050.

https://www.tickperformance.com/tremec-tr-4050-4x4-5-speed-manual-transmission-6-16-first-gear/
Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here is my next complaint.....

I want to deck my bronco out. Throw some vinyl decals on it. Add step rails, Add AOS. Have the performance tune done but I'm stuck here waiting for confidence in the vehicle before I vest in it or someone tried to blame a. Upgrade I add as the source of the issue.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will you sell me the kit and Instructuons 😁 bookmarking this.
I hope it doesn't come to that, I expect the custom parts to get expensive. I think there are existing bellhousing options but the tcase could be trouble.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My exact thoughts. Long term, if the MT-82 ends up being a massive turd without a conclusive fix, then I'd love to drop in a Tremec. Either way, just a minor annoyance to an otherwise awesome driving truck.
The MT82 is the Mustang transmission. The Bronco uses the MT88.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My exact thoughts. Long term, if the MT-82 ends up being a massive turd without a conclusive fix, then I'd love to drop in a Tremec. Either way, just a minor annoyance to an otherwise awesome driving truck.
just a minor annoyance ...

Ford Bronco Manual transmission scraping noise / grinding sound JustAFleshWound

Nfauv06

Badlands
First Name
Nicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might as well join that half, there is no outcome to this that results in a lemon law claim from me. I'll fix it myself on my own dime before giving up my Bronco.
Just for the record…I haven’t filed a lemon law claim (and could have by now) because I DON’T want to part ways with my Bronco. Over a year now of dealing with this issue, with no end in sight, is exhausting and beyond frustrating…to say the least. I feel defeated. Filing a lemon law isn’t just “giving up my Bronco”. I will have a replacement Bronco built as a result. But I refuse to allow the opportunity to file a lemon law claim (18 months after date of purchase in VA) to pass. To each their own though.

Nfauv06

Badlands
First Name
Nicki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all,
I am not new to the Bronco world, just new here on Bronco6G. I already did the poll. I will add my information to the spreadsheet once I have all of it. My window sticker, with a lot of the info on it, is in my Bronco, which is at the service department. I dropped it off for the TSB repair Monday, January 30th. It was scheduled for the work with all parts delivered prior to drop off, ready to go. The service director confirmed with me Monday morning that he pulled the Bronco in the shop that morning. These were his words verbatim:
“I drove the Bronco in the shop and added bulletins. I will have the Va inspection done once all repairs are completed. I will take some pics once the unit is out and I investigate. It's definitely noisy. Wow!!! I will be in touch.”

I did a search on all TSB’s and asked them to take a look at 2 others for me, while they had it. Very simple TSB’s (compared to the one for the transmission) for the soft top.

Build: 2021 Bronco/ Badlands/ NonSas
-I placed my order April 5, 2021. Took delivery January 28, 2022. Just to turn around and drop it off for the TSB repair on the 1 year anniversary, to the very day. (Dropped off Saturday & picked up loaner, for scheduled repair on Monday, the 30th.)

HOWEVER!!….I am on my THIRD transmission and have been offered a fourth, which I denied. A new transmission entirely does NOT fix this problem. The sound comes back immediately. Yes, warmer months are harder to detect. But I know this sound all too well to miss even the most faint version. It most definitely gets worse over time, also. Hence the service directors response to the sound of “Wow!!!”.
I have several videos of the sound, and mine is one of the loudest. The sound can be heard from inside the house, when started for warm up.

Everyone here has pretty much covered everything. It’s just a long waiting game at this point. Trial and error? Kicking the can? Call it what you want. But this is not something that can be ignored. Lemon Law is not “absurd”. When you pay $30+ thousand for something, brand new might I add, it should not have this serious of an issue, FROM THE BEGINNING. Day 1 for me. Less that 100 miles. I have exceeded the Lemon Law requirements in my state. I am just not ready to part with something I enjoy so much, and waited so long for. I am willing to attempt the TSB but if this doesn’t solve the issue, it’ll be claimed a lemon. I only have until end of July 2023 to file. I won’t pass on that opportunity. Not when 70%+ are reporting the issue and we’ve heard NOTHING from FordMoCo. There is a lemon law for a reason.

Everyone needs to be reporting the issue. Having the TSB scheduled/completed. The momentum needs to drive forward full force. We can’t slow down now and just accept it. We need to be undeniably obnoxious on the matter. FordMoCo won’t be able to ignore us. There needs to be a real resolution, and fast. Times ticking.

I still don’t have my Bronco back. I haven’t seen any pics. I finally heard this today:
“Hi, so we built the unit today per the bulletin. Should finish the install by Saturday. My interior guy will do the bulletins for the top noise next. I will advise you on those repairs once looked at. I will keep you posted!!”
I responded with several questions. I will keep everyone here posted. Sorry it took me so long…took me daysssss to catch up/read 89 pages worth 😅
It’s been a very long first year for me and my Bronco ):

**UPDATE**
-After reading through all 89 pages (at the time), I sent the service director an email asking about other components/additional damage/burn marks/etc. Here is his response:

“I was completely surprised not to find any damage inside..no worn parts or scuffs, fluid was super clean. I was shocked!! I will road test it Monday before we start looking at the top. I will let you know how quiet it drives for sure.”

I suppose that come Monday, I’ll know more. I’ll continue to keep everyone posted.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

**UPDATE**
-After reading through all 89 pages (at the time), I sent the service director an email asking about other components/additional damage/burn marks/etc. Here is his response:

“I was completely surprised not to find any damage inside..no worn parts or scuffs, fluid was super clean. I was shocked!! I will road test it Monday before we start looking at the top. I will let you know how quiet it drives for sure.”

I suppose that come Monday, I’ll know more. I’ll continue to keep everyone posted.
Interesting. After 3700 km my fluid was very black.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting. After 3700 km my fluid was very black.
The fluid turning black is not necessarily an indication of anything. The factory fluid they use is known to turn black quickly just from normal use. Same with Fords LV automatic transmission fluid. There was actually a bulletin release by Ford a few years back saying color of fluid usually has no bearing on condition.

Now obviously if there are chunks of things or debris in the fluid, I’d consider that an issue.

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The fluid turning black is not necessarily an indication of anything. The factory fluid they use is known to turn black quickly just from normal use. Same with Fords LV automatic transmission fluid. There was actually a bulletin release by Ford a few years back saying color of fluid usually has no bearing on condition.

Now obviously if there are chunks of things or debris in the fluid, I’d consider that an issue.
Yes they said it was nasty and spent

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finding no damage is encouraging. Have to see how this all plays out in a few months after a bunch more get built and others have the TSB completed. Good luck everyone!

ozzz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
dealer had bronco for 7 weeks. they put in a new transmission and transfer case. scratching noise back almost immediately but much softer than before. figure it's just amatter oftime until it gets louder again. calling monday to ask what hey want to do now...

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
dealer had bronco for 7 weeks. they put in a new transmission and transfer case. scratching noise back almost immediately but much softer than before. figure it's just amatter oftime until it gets louder again. calling monday to ask what hey want to do now...
Feel your pain dude. My second newtransmission is going in shortly.
Sponsored